Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Places to Stay Locally to the Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 2 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Places to Stay Locally to the Lotus Festival 2018

Caister Hall isn't too bad actually and has a massive car park and well off the beaten track so your cars should be safe. Just depends whether they have a wedding on. Its a big wedding venue kind of hotel.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sprowston manor.......the Blue Boar is only round the corner......lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

14 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Caister Hall isn't too bad actually and has a massive car park and well off the beaten track so your cars should be safe. Just depends whether they have a wedding on. Its a big wedding venue kind of hotel.

Ooooh. A target rich environment then!  ;)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, theelanman said:

Sprowston manor.......the Blue Boar is only round the corner......lol

And about as far away as you can get from Dunston and Hethel!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

We got in to Caistor Friday & Saturday nights (took Kimbers' and March's recommends)...  Who else is going to be there?

See you there!

Nick & Karen Bassett.

March/Mark; your V8 is the same colour as our GT3? (Azure Blue).  Got to be a photo opportunity there somewhere at Caistor?! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nigeninja said:

Is it only me staying at Park farm then :( 

Park farm is very local to Lotus and Dunston Hall. It’s only 10 minutes away to meet up with the others 

Thanks Stuart i know and i will :)  , just as this was second choice from Kimbers place to stay list, i thought there would be more people saying they are booked in,oh well time to bust into song  All by myself
Don't wanna be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live, all by myself anymore

😁    

Edited by nigeninja
  • Like 1

@nigeninja and very local to me (just other side of Hethersett) so if you want to get a taxi with me (or a lift from someone I can get a lift from) Friday evening to go have drinks at Dunston then happy to car share! Maybe I could meet you early Saturday and we can drive to Dunston to meet everyone before driving to Hethel?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All those staying at Caister Hall. This is only just round the corner from Dunston Hall where drinks will be had Friday and easy to come meet everyone on the Saturday morning before we leave for the factory so we can travel together!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Painterdave said:

Hi castor hall looks good what is the cost I need to get a room if poss thanks Dave 

If you have access to a computer and the internet you can use a browser to navigate to:  http://www.caistorhall.com/booking/

Here you can check availability and prices.

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I didn't realise that Caistor had rooms as I looked on Booking.com and said it was sold out so booked a B&B near Spooners Row.

Then I clicked the link to the actual hotel and still has rooms available. Managed to cancel the B&B fortunately.

See you there Friday night.

@Composite guruThat's because Booking.Com pre-books an "allocation" of rooms from the hotels and then sells them at a discounted rate as they got a "volume discount" for booking so many.

So usually when it says "no more rooms" what they mean is that they have sold their allocation of rooms...  The general rule is you usually get the best rate when booking in advance from the hotels own website.  I stay around 160-200 nights a year in hotels and this is generally the rule that works for me.

• Thanks 1

The small print.