Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 36 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 hours ago, Harey said:

Nice Yellow 2011NA IPS £31,990 at a Alfa Dealer (may have been pex for a new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :P)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703123201364?make=LOTUS%26model=EVORA%26utm_source=Email_a_Friend%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

Shows strong prices still....

Part ex'd for an Exige V6 Roadster :P

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

@dalepearson old car has sold already

Can't say I'm surprised. Nice colour combo, top spec and barely run in.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

What I do find interesting is the price gap closing.

if cars are selling at £33/£34 for early cars (ignoring the high mile £25k cars) and second hand 400s at £57/£58 that's quite a close gap.

Will we see those "lower end" 400s come back up as new 400s come on the market at £82/£83 (as per the three listed today by Central Lotus on PH).

Its interesting when late S1 S cars are only £8k lower than early 400s.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

54 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

What I do find interesting is the price gap closing.

if cars are selling at £33/£34 for early cars (ignoring the high mile £25k cars) and second hand 400s at £57/£58 that's quite a close gap.

Will we see those "lower end" 400s come back up as new 400s come on the market at £82/£83 (as per the three listed today by Central Lotus on PH).

Its interesting when late S1 S cars are only £8k lower than early 400s.

Agreed. The gap is very close now between the top end s1 and 400 cars. Prices are being extremely stubborn so I can only assume the 400 prices will harden now? Who knows!!! It's very odd. 

I can't see the £45K plus S1s selling very easily. I can see that over the next few years there will be a base price for S1 N/As and another for "S" models with little variation other than condition and mileage.

Given a few of the issues on some early cars I think there will be a MY15 400 price and a bit of a gap to MY16 which will close over the next 6 years or so - as have the S1s.

All IMHO of course. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I thought that but the blue Evora s sr (not sure what the colour is called) seems to have sold in under 2 weeks and was in for 48k I think. 

Condition and mileage will always play a big part but lotus cars seem to retain value very well when they get to a point. 

Agree revarsong the 400 15 and 16 plate onward cars. The one I saw a snows when I bought my sr was not well put together. 

3 hours ago, CocoPops said:

@dalepearson old car has sold already

Yeah they sold it just over a week after they got it :)

• Like 1

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

On 13/03/2017 at 18:00, CocoPops said:

I think so based on my experience of the Exige V6S. Knowing the price I paid for a year old V6S and seeing what a year old Exige goes for now, prices have definitely gone up.   

There were a lot of deals going last year that got people into Evoras at decent prices, which in turn meant at point of sale , owners were taking lower prices,  As new cars are now more expensive and have less discount, then it will drag up 2nd hand prices.  Handy for those of  that bought at bottom, although still a big jump to a 410 :(

All my personal view and could all be boll** ;) 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I actually understood what you said as being the cost to change hasn't really moved much at all. The biggest thing I think is the low supply numbers. I think people are slowly realising what a great, value for money, proposition the Evora and V6 based Exiges are - great performance, sensible prices, strong residuals low servicing and running costs.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As people say, supply and demand and nothing offers the overall package the exige and Evora does for its price. I had the same with my Lexus isf. Owned it for 2 years and sold it for the same price I bought it for. 

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Dunno, maybe £2-3k more?

the gap is closing and it's more down to age. Bit like the vx220 (NA and turbo) the prices are almost the same.

It's priced at the same price as another 2010 NA there but with all 3 packs. Aimee said it is in very good condition, but I have tried to look after it.

It was a wrench to drop it off after 5 years, the time went very quickly. An end to 19 years driving a Lotus. Quite excited about the replacement, a very different proposition. 5 seats, more performance and a few more toys. Will post more once I pick it up.

• Like 1

Early Evora's have been fantastic for us recently. Not sure if anyone saw a red Evora S (http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/car-sales/lotus-evora-s-22) we had recently but that sold the day after I advertised it, and I had several people waiting to see if my original buyer backed out. 

4 minutes ago, Pat@Hofmanns said:

Early Evora's have been fantastic for us recently. Not sure if anyone saw a red Evora S (http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/car-sales/lotus-evora-s-22) we had recently but that sold the day after I advertised it, and I had several people waiting to see if my original buyer backed out. 

Would be good to get your view on the current market for the various Evora incarnations if you don't mind providing it? 

11 hours ago, spunagain said:

It's priced at the same price as another 2010 NA there but with all 3 packs. Aimee said it is in very good condition, but I have tried to look after it.

It was a wrench to drop it off after 5 years, the time went very quickly. An end to 19 years driving a Lotus. Quite excited about the replacement, a very different proposition. 5 seats, more performance and a few more toys. Will post more once I pick it up.

You can see from their website that the other one has sold already so guess yours won't be around for long. My impression has been that only the IPS cars are hanging around (the white one that Silverstone have at £38k looks like a real bargain but hasn't gone anywhere - which I guess means it isn't).

And feel free to give early warning to cars for sale here @Pat@Hofmanns as I'm sure there are plenty of people watching this thread for cars, hence the discussion.

Lee

56 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

And feel free to give early warning to cars for sale here @Pat@Hofmanns as I'm sure there are plenty of people watching this thread for cars, hence the discussion.

Lee

Thanks Lee, thats very kind. I don't want this thread to turn into a marketing exercise, but if people are happy I'll post up about new cars.

I'm actually getting another lovely 2011 Evora S in px against one of my 400s on Friday. Carbon grey with red leather, 1 female owner (yes, genuinely!), FLSH, 19k. Lovely, properly cared for car.

If anyone is interested drop me a message! 

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts. How are you seeing sales for modified Evoras such as ones with komotec? Are people prefering standard cars? 

I have seen expansive sports racers sell while cheaper models hang around.

24 minutes ago, Pat@Hofmanns said:

I was offered to buy an NA car recently (2 owners, 33k) and was appalled when the owner brought it down. I did some very quick numbers and it needed at least 10k spending to get it anywhere close to being saleable, and even then it wouldn't of been a patch on our other cars.

Out of interest, what work needed doing?  

Given talk of sellers' market, I wonder why the black S in Bucks hasn't sold yet.  (Haven't seen the car but looks good on paper and well priced.)  I know the owner used to be active on here (maybe still is?)

5 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Thanks for your thoughts. How are you seeing sales for modified Evoras such as ones with komotec? Are people prefering standard cars? 

I have seen expansive sports racers sell while cheaper models hang around.

I haven't been following the market for that long so could be off base with this one, but I don't think there are enough modded Evoras out there to be able to robustly judge...