Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 38 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

It's a B&C registration plate.

However, not one I recognise from the 400 registry thread on here.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

33 minutes ago, K666ADM said:

Anyone on here selling privately in Kent?

I don't know the car but if you buy it, I'll gladly come pick you up from Gatwick and drive you to collect it :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

:respect:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 13/03/2017 at 14:07, Harey said:

Nice Yellow 2011NA IPS £31,990 at a Alfa Dealer (may have been pex for a new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :P)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703123201364?make=LOTUS%26model=EVORA%26utm_source=Email_a_Friend%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

Shows strong prices still....

I'm told by the dealer my old car has sold now.....

My 37k mile December 2010 NA got picked up today by it's new owner. The photo of the handover on Lotus Silverstone's FB page is one of the best I have seen of the car.

Bought for 38k in April 2012 and after SOR fees and some costs to tidy up a couple of bits and bobs - seat runners and drop links. I am taking home 30500. So £7500 depreciation in 5 years or £1500 a year!

I was offered 24500 part ex towards the new car. SOR is definitely the way to go!

The new owner was tempted out of a Porsche Cayman!

Possibly having regrets.  But still enjoying the novelty of my new-to-me Tesla 85D!

Many Thanks to the Gang at Silverstone for fantastic service from purchase to farewell - their great reputation is well deserved.. When I come back to Lotus they will be my 1st stop!

Edited by spunagain
  • Like 2

I have never done SOR before, I assume you set a minimum figure you would accept after fees etc?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

3 minutes ago, dalepearson said:

I have never done SOR before, I assume you set a minimum figure you would accept after fees etc?

Yes, but you have to be fairly flexible and take a pragmatic approach to it. If you stick too rigidly to your return price and they won't reduce fees, then no one wins.

I believe fees are £2-£3k?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Just now, CocoPops said:

Yes, but you have to be fairly flexible and take a pragmatic approach to it. If you stick too rigidly to your return price and they won't reduce fees, then no one wins.

Yeah ... I was thinking more that I assume you are going the SOR approach to get more than a proposed part ex price.

So was thinking more how do you ensure you get an increase over the part ex, otherwise its a wasted exercise overall.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

I think (never actually done it myself, always part ex or sell private) it's of most benefit to those that don't want to part ex (changing marque etc).

This is how the process works at Silverstone.

There is a fixed SOR fee.

SS do an inspection and identify anything that needs doing before sale. This is added to the fee.

You agree a sale price and a minimum to go to without needing to be consulted. I went with the price Aimee recommended - prices for Evora have hardened since Christmas.

Car goes up for sale

On sale the agreed bits are fixed.

Silverstone send you sale price minus fee minus fixing costs (which were done at a discound but that may be because I am special ;)  )

Silverstones insurance covered the car while they had it so I could transfer my insurance to my new car.

All very painless.

Possibly, but also depends on the margin they have in the other car as they can play with figures a bit more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

If you p/x your car with a lotus dealer for a  different lotus would the money you get from SOR be the same as P/X?

Probably not.

Unless you are willing to wait until your car sells SOR before collecting the new car. Otherwise, you are effectively asking the dealer for a free loan. Good luck with that... ;)

• Like 1

Sold 3 of my cars via SOR at Silverstone. Works for me. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 25/03/2017 at 09:13, spunagain said:

This is how the process works at Silverstone.

There is a fixed SOR fee.

SS do an inspection and identify anything that needs doing before sale. This is added to the fee.

You agree a sale price and a minimum to go to without needing to be consulted. I went with the price Aimee recommended - prices for Evora have hardened since Christmas.

Car goes up for sale

On sale the agreed bits are fixed.

Silverstone send you sale price minus fee minus fixing costs (which were done at a discound but that may be because I am special ;)  )

Silverstones insurance covered the car while they had it so I could transfer my insurance to my new car.

All very painless.

This is good info - cheers. Might be thinking about selling our Eva privately as the trade-in against a newer Cayman seems pretty poor. Might give Aimee a call after reading this and see if she agrees :)

52 minutes ago, Guiseley said:

Might be thinking about selling our Eva privately as the trade-in against a newer Cayman seems pretty poor. 

Image result for torn suit

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Rare Epsom Green just added to PH:
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-2-2----------------2009/7033327

Seems a sensible price as well, could be a good purchase for someone looking for a 2010 NA.

17 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Rare Epsom Green just added to PH:
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-2-2----------------2009/7033327

Seems a sensible price as well, could be a good purchase for someone looking for a 2010 NA.

The owner is registered on here. He listed it on lotusforsale yesterday: 

• Like 1

erm.......what was standard.......the blue tips only came on the sports exhaust........but what were they made of?

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Early Evora's will sell like hot potatoes if priced right. I had mine up last Wednesday and within 24 hours someone contacted me and bought it! He collects it later today after I put another 12 months MOT on this morning so he now has 13 months and money has all been transferred. The guy is a regular on the playground and ha never heard of this forum. I told him to wash his mouth out and get over on here ASAP. I lied about the washing of mouth but you get the gist.

I am already mourning the loss it's still on my driveway. I might get the Esprit V8 out tomorrow to cheer me up!

• Like 1