Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Member fr. Canada - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Member fr. Canada

canamfan

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself & my car. I finally had a moment to sign up here, read a lot & lurked for a while. I bought a 1984 Esprit Turbo in original Calypso Red with full factory black leather interior from a nice fellow from Michigan this past June/July. Drove it up from there back to Ontario, no issues, drove great albeit in the rain (yes, wiper system worked flawlessly once figured out multiple steps lol). I hope to not only learn more from others as well as contribute what I can. I plan on driving this beauty like my other vehicles. Not my first Esprit, in fact my 4th (others sold & gone but not forgotten) but by far this is my favorite, always wanted a Giugiaro body. BTW currently restoring my 1982 Porsche 911SC Turbo Look back to factory specs. so this Lotus will be my go to fun driver. Once the 911 is back in full operation, the Esprit will get some lovingful maintenance like timing belt (T104 B blue belt, w/trapezoid teeth), the good quality tensioner bearing, water pump, belts, filters LOF (Brad Penn 20w50) etc. maybe a cat delete pipe in near future (Esprit's never really sounded aggressive enough for me). Anyhoo, Hi all & Thank You for being here, I've always liked some stories & experiences from others! 

• Like 1

"Bobby dazzler" LOL 😜 I gotta google that one  🤓 Rumor has it I'm the 3rd owner, I think it kinda shows & drives it. Gis, a yellow Guigiaro, WOW love to see some pics if you got'em. Pretty much any colour (for me) works on these  sexy, timeless G body beauties 😍 Thank you for the warm welcome!!

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Andy. :welcome:

Other than being a bit older than mine, same colours. Mine has the wheel on the correct side, but you get that. Looks great! Enjoy.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 27/09/2018 at 23:15, canamfan said:

"Bobby dazzler" LOL 😜 I gotta google that one  🤓 Rumor has it I'm the 3rd owner, I think it kinda shows & drives it. Gis, a yellow Guigiaro, WOW love to see some pics if you got'em. Pretty much any colour (for me) works on these  sexy, timeless G body beauties 😍 Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Here she is. I’m not that fond of yellow and especially not with that black air intake. POs.. so she’ll be classic white eventually 🙂. Work in process

F5DA2B60-A0C1-4BDA-93B3-05BBB48E976E.jpeg

Ad initium

• 3 months later...

Welcome from a fellow Ontarian (Toronto)!

I am pretty sure I saw your beauty a few months back parked in Toronto in the Distillery District, I had to take a quite a few pictures of course... 😃