Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stevens Esprit 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stevens Esprit 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Stevens Esprit 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Kit.thumb.jpg.337361732c8557dc9ffb02b721cfc0ef.jpg

This is Group buy No 5, the 321 Stainless Steel manifold upgrade for the Peter Stevens 4 cylinder Esprit. This is a GB for 10 units which are currently made and in stock so there will be a quick turnaround once 10 people have signed up.

For those of you who haven’t seen this upgrade before, a recap on the history of the company and the product:

It was developed by Alunox who are a well-established engineering company that supply the motorsport industry with tailor made high end exhaust systems, made of exotic materials such as Inconel, titanium and 321 Stainless Steel etc. They also supply BAC cars with a full light weight for their current production car the Mono.

Alunox took on the job of redesigning the original cast manifold for the Esprit due to its failure rate. But also were able to offer uprated performance using their expertise in this area.

The manifold is constructed from 321 Stainless Steel, precision TIG welded in dedicated jigs giving a fracture proof construction. The flanges are CNC machined out of Stainless Steel to give an accurate fit, the collector uses burns double slip joints to allow movement during the heat cycle whilst being protected against shock loading by the pivoting brace mounted directly above the turbo.

950004534_BraceRear.jpg.b93a78d2c6b3374d69f83a6e52e3d991.jpg

The downpipes are all equal length mandrel bent tubes to maximise flow arranged to fit within the space available. Even at normal driving speeds the exhaust gas temperatures are typically 750 to 850 °C and greater during track use. The manifold has been proven to withstand all the temperatures and conditions produced by the Esprit. The manifold is also lighter than the original cast unit weighing only 6 Kg.  All these attributes produce a durable high quality product with gains in both power and torque and lag reduction.
      It has been dyno tested as seen in the video below on a highly modified Esprit running at 424 BHP and 409 lb ft torque. Further gains have been made since the video was made taking the Power to 461 BHP and Torque 450 lb ft.

Further in-depth technical info on this can be found on Dave Changes thread  

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/55155-exhaust-manifold-design-test-result/

The manifold is has also been tested with modern twin scroll turbos yielding some great results which I will post soon.

It has been ran on the track and driven hard without fail. Look for feedback on the forum about performance gains.

The kit also includes all gaskets, stainless steel nuts and brace. The turbo flange can be changed to accommodate different turbos, as can the collector be made to order. These adjustments are at extra cost and can be discussed with Leon at Alunox.

The manifold comes with 1 year warranty, this does not cover fitting and shipping.

The normal one off price is £1350 + VAT.

The group buy price is £1150 + VAT + Shipping & Packaging, for a 10 off.

If you want to take advantage of this offer sign up below and I’ll add you to the list.

Thanks,

Mark

272204888_ALUNOXLOGONewSmall.thumb.png.a9fac5e1631fae694abd7995abfa32a7.png

Edited by MarkKassim
text

1. Mike Sekinger (for S4s)

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:36, mike_sekinger said:

1. Mike Sekinger (for S4s)

I`m going to have to withdraw - but for the best of reasons.  Instead of the S4s, I managed to get my old Project GT1 back.  Without the S4s, I have no need for the manifold although it would make an exceptional piece of expensive desk art.....  Sorry to bow out.

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys , yes the Group buy is still active however there are only 2 manifolds remaining as some have been sold on internal jobs in the workshop. Once these 2 have been sold I will close it

Mark

So much want - bad timing, I am about to buy Chilli Dogs brake system.  These are beautiful, worth the price even if they did not add power and driveability 🙂

Can I hope that another group buy might happen in the next 12 to 18 mos?

• 1 month later...

Hi Matt,

I've just spoken with Martyn at Alunox , the remaining two manifolds went last week. You could give them a call on 01978 - 851100 and see whats available. 

This Group Buy has now finished, I will keep you up to date with any future group buys. 

Mark K

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for checking.

I've tried dialing from the US with no luck.  do you have an email address for Martyn I could try.  I'd like to go ahead and purchase the system, but haven't had any luck having someone respond to my emails using their generic info@... email link.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Martyn's email is martyn.quant@alunox.co.uk , copy Leon as well leon@alunox.co.uk . I will speak to them later and tell them you have been trying to get hold of them.

Mark K

• 3 weeks later...

I have been off the lotus forums for some 10 yrs now. I still have my 91 se and it was finally finished being restored. Now its about time that i do some new upgrades to my car. I am sure that this offer is over but if it isn't, please let me know.