Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fire Eaters - Anyone Interested? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fire Eaters - Anyone Interested?

alias23

In the past I've run a bulk purchase of the the Mangiafuoco Fire Eaters for members, and of late I've been asked if I'll do a re-order. If anyone is interested can you ping me a note so I can compile a list and once I have enough people I can place an order and organise deliveries.

0FA0F101-992A-49B2-ACF5-333A2C7BC828.jpeg.a98395c4017284751b611456efc9398f.thumb.jpeg.ff531783ae7f8303b330f47af3be97c9.jpeg

If you’re unaware of these little devices they seem to be pretty good for inside the cockpit in the event of the worst happening. By no means am I saying better than a plumbed in solution be a decent alternative. These are the same as the €83 Sparco version:

http://www.elise-shop.com/sparco-fireater-fire-extinguisher-elise-exige-vx220-p-344.html

I need to check on prices but typically between £50-55 including delivery. Let me know if anyones interested. Thanks.

*moderators hope this is ok to post please edit or remove if not appropriate*

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

1 minute ago, slewthy said:

Will they work in an engine bay like the esprit where it is completely open underneath?

What triggers it?

It’s a hand held device which is manually triggered by hand and distributes a spray which lasts around 50 seconds to disperse any flame.

www.alias23.com

Thanks Imran. Well, best for the cabin then I guess. I already have an extinguisher for there.

I wont be opening the rear hatch if there is a fire in there!!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Thanks for sharing @Bruss and must admit I hadn't seen that before so contacted the supplier. Their response as follows which should satisfy any concern:

"Good morning Imram, the product that refers to the link you sent me has long since been discontinued. It is the old rubbing product. On the Rapex site there is a corrigendum rapex mangiafuoco dated October 6th 2006 n. 13 reports 39 who deleted the alert.See the attached link http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/health_consumer/dyna/enews/enews.cfm?al_id=333"

The European Commission has since made a correction to their original report with the launch of the new product being tested by MangiaFuoco.

Thank you to everyone else who have been in contact - I need another four members to opt in and we'll have the necessary numbers to proceed. Thanks

• Like 2

www.alias23.com