Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2019 - Elite 45th anniversary - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2019 - Elite 45th anniversary

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Excels are welcome of course - only not in the Elite/Eclat model displays, where we set them up. Look forward to meeting as many supporters of the event(s) as possible!

I'm trying to find out if there is going to be another Lotus festival at Hethel, and have proposed that we mark the 45th anniversary there if it is possible.

Will post news of further develkopments as they arrive.

Cheers, Richard

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Not this year, but I'm in negotiations with Brands Hatch to see if we can return there in Sept. 

Thanks Bibs, I'm looking at an alternative close to Hethel. I hope Brands can happen this year.

Richard

On 26/01/2019 at 08:21, rjwooll said:

Thanks Bibs, I'm looking at an alternative close to Hethel. I hope Brands can happen this year.

Richard

Hio Bibs - the Hethel idea didn't work. This means we'd like to celebrate the anniversary (which will include Eclats as well as Elites) at the Lotus Festival in September if possible. I hope we can get a few ex Lotus people to come along - and plenty of cars of course!

Cheers, Richard

• Like 1

there is the Gold Cup at Oulton Park which like to celebrate things like this......

I can sort free tickets abut Id need to speak to them about a 'parade' lap.......if it helps any

August Bank Holiday Weekend by the way........Oulton Park Cheshire........the test track used by ACBC and Jim Clark

just a thought....

Donington have the GT and F3 championship mid Sept

• Like 2

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Here's a real period piece. I 'd never heard of it before, but I found a copy of a magazine called Speed and Power (you could never publish that these days!) from 1974 covering the launch of the Elite. Here is the front cover

IMG_1933.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shelsley and Oulton Park would be great, but I don't have the bandwidth to organise attendance at events that we don't already attend as owners. If anybody else wants to take up the mantle please do!

MLOC are keen for us to attend Lotus in the Peak for which I know a few owners have already registered. The main event is on Sunday 23 June where we can display the cars, but there are activities across the weekend. Check the MLOC website for info - you will need to either join or register as a forum member to see full details of the event. Sounds like fun with plenty of opportunity for driving.

I may be at Circuit Paul Ricard that weekend for the F1 Grand Prix so may not be able to be there myself!

Cheers, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

the Gold Cup event you can now sign up for and get your free tickets........

this will be a lotus car park rather than just Elite/Eclat/Excel.......but there is an eclectic mix of old and new......from the original type 14 Elite onwards....including the cortina/elan/+2/europa

https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar/Register/OP-19-Gold-Cup?clubID=661

in addition........I went on the MLOC run once.....as I live in the Peak District...........

I will not do it again......its a follow my leader type thing and my experience was the guy at the front just wanting to drive as fast as possible everywhere in his Elise.............not my cup of tea..........saw nothing other than the car in front

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

On 19/03/2019 at 22:10, esprit s2 said:

I'm driving to the French F1 GP that weekend too. In the Elite! 

Hi Paul,

I've been investigating the French GP following the dreadful access and organisation problems reported last year. I normally camp Thu - Mon which should have been OK but my daughter can't travel with me and has to fly out, meaning I'd have to pick her up from Marseilles airport on Friday, and get her back to catch a plane on Monday and I don't fancy the stress of sitting in a jam for up to 4 hours! Apparently they haven't improved access, but may allocate more police. Sorry!

So it's back to the drawing board. It would have been great to have had two Elites there! I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

I've checked the Brands Hatch events calendar and the only Saturday/weekend currently open in September is the 14th/15th, so I'm putting them on my calendar for a possible Lotus Festival!

• 1 month later...