Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 21 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would view that as an advantage as the Sport Cup 2's are great on track but on cold, wet, greasy roads they are a nightmare. I guess it depends on how much time it will spend on track v road.

Previous to owning my exige, i've driven a 260HP VX220 on Toyo R888R for the past nine years. Compared to that, the Cup 2 are amazing in bad conditions. 😅

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@lil_greenie I have a supercharged VX220 currently that is on Toyos and I prefer that to my Evora on Cup 2s! I find the Cup 2s really do not like cold weather and roads, and we have a bit of that up here in Scotland.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm really a bit surprised by the reactions to the Cup2 here. I know they are much slower in the wet compared to a regular pilot sport 4 / 5, but to me they are still very well behaved tyres. I was surprised at the grip levels of them compared to what I was used to from the R888R (not the same level, but still very good (in the dry) once warmed up). 

In the wet they are (IMHO) certainly MUCH better than the R888R (i've had 235/17 in the rear on the VX220). Of course i don't drive the Exige without traction control if it's wet (maximum sport mode, but not with everything off). Of course you can break traction and get into small slides, let's say in a roundabout, but nothing out of the expected, and very well controllable in my opinion. I drive them with much more confidence compared to the R888R on the VX (again, talking about wet conditions). In terms of hydroplaning it's not even a comparison (again, IMHO). 

I find the Cup2s a very nice mix between a sports tyre and a proper semi slick, while still feeling much closer to a normal sports tyre in terms of noise and daily drivability. Personally i wouldn't want any other tyres on the car. We have a fair bit of cold and rainy weather in Switzerland. I've even driven the car in cold absolutely pouring down rainstorm weather with lots of standing water, and felt completely safe. 

PS: Maybe this is derailing the discussion a bit. 

On 30/03/2024 at 19:19, jep said:

I'd try the CUP first before buying. I had LF1 which has standard suspension as your 350. Perfect for Surrey, I found CUP too harsh and frankly therefore slower in the real world. If road use is your bag. 

340R is soft damping too. 

Financially, stick with 340R or buy older V6. If you're not worried about £s, it doesn't matter but try before you buy.

Justin 

PS. 340R is the halo Elise. What are you thinking? 🙂

I am not sure how you came to that conclusion, I had a normal v6s, and now the cup, no doubt that the cup is faster even on the road, it is just less dancing from one side to the other .. and I am talking road use, and a specific road that I do often around here. 

I came to that conclusion based on my experience. On the roads I drive in Surrey, LF1 was faster and easier than a CUP. 

Lots of variables, including driving style and attitude to speed and safety but a reasonable conclusion.

Others can have another view but the advice to try both is eminently sensible. 

Justin 

• 3 weeks later...