Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

2 hours ago, Jcx said:

Yeah.  This one has been there a long time.  Lovely but... IMHO i think a 380 in this market with that many miles is a mid-£50s car.

Is 10000 miles a lot then. Mid 50 seems harsh

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Jcx said:

Yeah.  This one has been there a long time.  Lovely but... IMHO i think a 380 in this market with that many miles is a mid-£50s car.

I don’t think 10k miles is an issue. It’s a great spec though 

Bugger to keep looking clean. I vowed never again to have a black car after having a black car...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Bugger to keep looking clean. I vowed never again to have a black car after having a black car...

Me too....and then I bought another black lotus! They look great when clean and well polished, but it’s a Labour of love !

54 minutes ago, pete said:

Is 10000 miles a lot then. Mid 50 seems harsh

No. I don’t think 10k miles is a lot on its own but I suspect it is way above average for an exige which is for the great majority a toy and not a daily driver. I know of 2 380s that sold for £5-10k less than that one. One had 1500 miles the other had 2k miles. I know a third with approx 7k miles that sold for mid-high 50s. Ooh just thought of a 4th that sold for mid-50s with around 5-6k miles. To be fair I am not suggesting you buy on miles, just suggesting that higher miles should lead to a lower price. 

Edited by Jcx

I do think the price is, like the car, a bit racy. For only a couple of grand more I've seen a 410, with less miles for sale, and so......

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I went to see to see the black one at Romans back in late Feb. Amazing spec with gold accents and harnesses - probably they’re right in saying it’s the highest spec in the market right now, though £65k is still too much in my opinion for a 10k car. Also they were pretty firm on the ask at the time, probably they could be more willing to negotiate now given the situation.. lastly they valued my 220 Cup really little so no deal for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeKnivett said:

I paid 55k with loads of carbon, roof, engine cover, front cover etc. Aircon. Stereo. Carpet etc in Jan. 7.5k miles. 

E5958B97-E090-438F-937E-B0E43B85E577.jpeg

Yup. You bought well. Yours was one I was quoting 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0008GMS said:

I went to see to see the black one at Romans back in late Feb. Amazing spec with gold accents and harnesses - probably they’re right in saying it’s the highest spec in the market right now, though £65k is still too much in my opinion for a 10k car. Also they were pretty firm on the ask at the time, probably they could be more willing to negotiate now given the situation.. lastly they valued my 220 Cup really little so no deal for me. 

...and isn’t it funny how Romans has a statement on their autotrader adverts saying that autotrader valuations are low because they don’t take into account options etc. Ergo, we are more expensive than the market norm 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0008GMS said:

All very well to ask top money but to offer bottom money on the part ex is typical of this type of trader

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

What’s going to happen to 430 Cup prices after summer do we think?

There are now 6 for sale I’ve just noticed. Some have been for on the market a long time. I remember last year B&C had to reduce their yellow one to below £80k to move it on - i would imagine some adjustments to current expectations at some point ( unless folk just like having adverts live ).

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 20:02, C1RVY said:

I remember last year B&C had to reduce their yellow one to below £80k to move it on

Their well known liquid-yellow ?! Or another one ?
Was it new, or used ? Millage ?

Such a price makes me wonder whether or not it's a good idea to order a brand new Cup 430.
Especially these "days"...
Without talking about the 20k€ CO2 tax we have to pay for it here in France.
Of course we never know how their price will fluctuate in the coming months / years.
We could also think in terms of pleasure only, taking the opportunity to configure the car exactly like we want, and voila.
Which is something "impossible" with the second hand market.
Not so easy decision 🙂

3 minutes ago, Martrack said:

Their well known liquid-yellow ?! Or another one ?
Was it new, or used ? Millage ?

Such a price makes me wonder whether or not it's a good idea to order a brand new Cup 430.
Especially these "days"...
Without talking about the 20k€ CO2 tax we have to pay for it here in France.
Of course we never know how their price will fluctuate in the coming months / years.
We could also think in terms of pleasure only, taking the opportunity to configure the car exactly like we want, and voila.
Which is something "impossible" with the second hand market.
Not so easy decision 🙂

It was their well known one which was why they had to drop the price significantly. 

Why was it well known? (Not everyone in the know!) 😂

The small print.

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Why was it well known? (Not everyone in the know!) 😂

Presumably just in a few YouTube videos. That’s what I’ve seen anyway. Not being hammered I might add. Though to be honest it’s what the car is designed to do so don’t know why reduced any more than any other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep a few tests & reviews, and exposed at different events.
I also certainly focused on it as I was looking for Liquid Yellow Cup 430 photos / videos, and this one popped-up at several places 🙂
In addition to the priced paint, this B&C unit had a few options, such as the rollcage A-frame, and exterior fire extinguisher + engine isolator, which all have a cost...

Below £80k was then really interesting...

Current ones at mid-eighties are due a correction to sell surely??

You could spec your own brand new for £90k. 

Clearly some folk don’t really want to sell them!

22 minutes ago, C1RVY said:

Current ones at mid-eighties are due a correction to sell surely??

Clearly some folk don’t really want to sell them!

list price from £100,600 according to web

22 minutes ago, C1RVY said:

For a 430, are you sure? if so that's bombed massively in the last 12 weeks... :(

59 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

For a 430, are you sure? if so that's bombed massively in the last 12 weeks... :(

no, an unregistered dealer one would be £95k otr and if you spec your own its £100-105k depending on options but if you go to lotus exclusive that rises quickly.

Dealers can't buy in any more 430s, only 410/350s, so once the few left go then you'd have to order from the factory. 

I don’t want to make a new thread for this, and it’s not for sale, just trying to track down the owner...but does anyone know this purple 380? Think the current reg is EV11CUP....

FA1454F4-C7D9-4BE6-A7A0-CA6967615350.png

7AD9B429-AA25-4A0D-AA98-73621CC8CAF2.png