Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

If I remember correctly, the 350 on collectingcars.com had had crash repairs to both the front and rear clams (disclosed in the ad) and that price was also without the buyer's premium which I think is 6%.

So basically £34,500 for a car which had been in an accident (although repaired well from the looks of it).

Yes you are right but 'crash repairs' is more alarming than his explanation for each which were very minor in truth; one being a bike pedal scratch which required paint. 

Your point remains good though, the sold price was less than the purchase price with buyers premium added.  Although the seller doesnt get the premium so in my opnion when assessing values as a possible seller, the relevant number is the sold price.

• 7 months later...

Hi Lee, I own a 2014 Exige V6 S that I bought from Hofmanns which had the TVS1900 supercharger fitted around 2 years ago by them. No problems to date! 
I'm in Harpenden, Herts if you are local? Happy to answer any questions on it...

Ross

• Like 1

So I  have been looking for an Exige for a couple of months now, I am in no hurry, but I am finding the market a puzzle. Prices seem to be stable or even rising, yet it seems almost none are actually selling (a dealer in Chichester actually raised the advertised price of a 20th anniversary 410 by £5k). I have been looking at a number or sources and pretty well all have a static stock of cars, many have been for sale for months on end. The number of "new" 410s out there at the same or higher prices that some new 420s shows how long some have been in stock. Is it likely there are deals to be had or are the dealers in it for the long term. Most confusing!

V6S and 350S sell like hotcakes. A 380 Sport I enquired about recently had sold within hours of being advertised. The 410's do seem to hang around a bit longer, but they are at a price point less people can afford I guess.

Emira has shone a light on the whole thing. There is clearly strong demand for a Lotus at around £60k but very few are prepared to go to £80k and above. Psychological barrier. Longer term you'd think a used Cup 430 would be the way to go but more seem to think a 350 + Komotec upgrades as and when is what works for them. I'm pretty sure the 390 has been the most popular Exige FE. Clearly few buyers believe the 430 is worth the extra. I do though. All Exiges are mega but the Cup 430 is like riding a tiger.

• Like 1

I put an offer in on a 410 for 2 grand less than asking and no deal. I think dealers are being very rigid on pricing.

Will demand drop for the some lotus models now that the new shiny thing have arrived? I think exige drivers that bought them for what they are intended will continue to want them but some people are easily lured by something new. At Goodwood yesterday apparently the stand took 600 deposits.

I guess that is my point. The prices seem firm, but they are not selling I would say on the newer cars (2020 on), NONE of the ones I have been looking at over the last 2 months have sold - at the same time I have been looking at GTRs and I would say at least 50% have sold (and their prices are rising too). - I agree older cars are typically sold quickly, but the newer ones, including  new 350's seem to be permanent fixtures.

Not sure that I agree on the Emira not threatening the Exige. Yes its very different, and yes the Exige is a really focused experience (and that's why I would go for one), but many people don't think that way, and it is a great looking car (in a way I dont think the Evora ever was - just opinion of course)

I will keep looking, but I am not paying the same for a new 410 as I can get a 420 for, it makes no sense!

• Like 1

So why not buy a 420

So why not buy a 420 

Where are there any unsold new 350

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Dealers have next to no stock coming through for the rest of the year is a factor. Eventually they will sell and with a finite level of stock they are probably more likely to try and make the most from it they can. If you know Lotus will ship you another you can take a hit on margin, same with used if the stock is not coming through they try to maximise prices

Personally I don't know why they don't start shifting stock and buying up used so their forecourts don't look like they are closing down, but thats for them to worry about

• Like 1

If dealers are selling Emira deposits at the rates suggested I can't imagine they're worried about not shifting a small amount of existing stock, plenty of new sales are being made.

Interesting to see you are considering a GTR as well which puts us both in the same boat.

I personally dont think the Emira will negatively impact upon the exige as its different in so many different ways and is no way its replacement. This will know doubt keep the prices strong for the exiges however........

Dealers can ask what they want and they can chose to listen or not listen to the market.. Bottom line is they can hold on to the car for as long as they want but if no one is bighting they will eventually have to drop the price

I never thought things like 410s and 430s would turn over quickly due to the nature of what they are in what is already a niche ish market however there seem to be few and far between actually coming up for sale. A lot of choice for something like the GTR which as you say has strong values as well but not a lot of choice for 410s and 430s

• Like 1

I have decided against the GTR (I have had 2 already), I loved them, they are great cars, but I am buying a car that does not have to be my day to day drive, hence the Exige as I think it will be more fun (the must fun car I have ever had was my tuned VX220T) but I was really surprised at how few are out there (I was only looking 2019 on) on Pistonheads and Autotrader combined there are actually more 410/420/430s than there are GTRs!

I will Just keep looking - like I said I am in no rush (I am actually picking up a Panigale V4 in 2 weeks, so as long as the sun shines a bit I will be happy)

I think the Elise and Exige markets look very strong for the future, obviously with no more being made and the fact that they sit in such a unique place for those that love raw fun hardcore cars, and track days if that's your thing. 

At the moment it's all about the buzz and excitement of the new Emira, so perhaps there could be a lull in Exige prices nearer the end of the year as winter sets in? Not sure, but I think the lull will be short lived and prices will boom in a couple of years time as they become very difficult to get your hands on.  

Yes and look at Exige S2 prices. Much faster and more directly comparable V6 Exiges didn't put a dent in S2 prices. S2s are special and unique for those that really appreciate them, there is nothing else out there like them. Same goes for V6 Exiges. As has been said people are like magpies, attracted to anything shiny and new but it doesn't last before they are distracted by the next thing that catches their eye. Emira is very distant relative and is intentionally trying to get away from the Exige in terms of refinement, tech and daily useability.