Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Art related moral dilemma - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Art related moral dilemma

Colin P

So I have found a limited edition print that I really really like, for the dining room.

Problem is I just cannot bring myself to purchase it or hang it up because there is one MAJOR issue with it that would affect my enjoyment whenever I saw it.........

It’s a Rolf Harris. I’m wondering if my mind is different to others though, as they still command strong money  

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So did Hitler but his art is up for sale too. Being a bad person doesnt mean you are a bad artist too!!

This is not my cup of tea but its clear he had some talent. Van G was mentally ill too but just not genocidally so.

A watercolour attributed to former German Nazi leader Adolf Hitler is pictured at Kloos auction house in Berlin, 24 January 2019

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I'm with you @Colin P regardless of the appreciation of the art, I just couldn't have it in my home.

To me, it would be the same as buying a Rolls-Royce that happens to come with a collection of used tracksuits, a quantity of tacky gold jewellery and a box of cigars!

Curios are often associated with the unsavory. Thats what makes them 'interesting'. Proviso is that the individuals or organisations involved should not benefit from sale etc.

In the case of Rolf, I dont expect him to benefit from sales of art already sold. But could it be that in buying his art, you could be driving the market so that future sales could be affected, I guess so. 

In a practical way though, would you be proud showing off the art?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

@Kimbers I did foresee that answer :thumbup:

Shaving products for those who object to Gilette and Art for those objecting to Rolf :hrhr:

• Haha 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Eeeeeew, not my style at all but you can see the effort and talent that Wendy put into it. That's a bloody good idea @Kimbers and bound to increase in value over time.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I should be a salesman....oh wait!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Does she know any sculptors. I wanted this but you could have bought a new car for the price of it. 

0A26DBE5-7318-4F69-B6FF-24D582EBC164.jpeg

Yes we know a couple who do the Art fairs with us.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Thanks Kimbers, I will pm you about both when I get a chance - meetings now for the rest of the day.

• Like 1