IGNORED

London - 2012

Bibs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to look at it for nearly a minute, trying to figure out what the shapes were . . . before I realilzed it was supposed to be 2012. But what is that square in the middle?

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Is that really the best they can come up with??? Something you have to stare at for 10 light years to figure out what it is.....and I'm still not entirely sure. And pink and yellow????

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Having read the Press Release all has now become clear.... not!

"Media Release 04/06/2007

New brand and vision revealed for London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games

New brand aims to inspire everyone to embrace the Olympic spirit

Edited by Tentenths

As someone who's done a little graphic design, and a lot of 'Branding' in my time...

YUCK!

And as for this cracking example of Branding Agency Yuck Speak: "The new emblem is dynamic, modern and flexible reflecting a brand savvy world where people, especially young people, no longer relate to static logos but respond to a dynamic brand that works with new technology and across traditional and new media networks. "

What a load of....

I *strongly* suspect they'll be copping some flack as this circulates...

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

What a joke, as the good folk of Britain are paying for this, they should have a say in the final product! But oh no, let some stupid old farts mishandle it, who are to afraid to say anything to rock any boats, as they are on the gravy train themselves.

I see from the comments on the BBC website that some have likened it to Lisa Simpson "doing rude things" to a man in a London T-shirt :devil:

(and they've spelt London with a small "L") :realmad:

Still - the design consultant must be laughing all the way to the bank

Edited by caulkhead68

There...

Finished:

london2012.jpg

I don't know what you guys are so fussed about! Getting big projects done on budget

and on time are what this country does best, look at the new wembley stadium and the

dome for example, and have heart, as these projects pale by comparison to the massive

olympic project.

Yes, i see no danger of us embarrassing ourselves in front of the whole world. I think every

part of the project will be completed in time. I also believe the transport for all the people going

to the venue will be fast uncrowded buses and extra motorway lanes leading you to the site from

the improved and all new high speed M25 commuter link. I think the buildings and arenas will be

in constant use years after the event, and will in no way become white elephants that cost hundreds

of thousands in security just to keep shut, like the ones in Turkey. I think there is no danger of it

going so over budget that it will leave a legacy of debt remembered long after our gold medal triumph

at the 15m tiddlywinks or whatever fringe sport we excel at this time.

We can handle this, bring it on :realmad:

Agree with Dan

Total Bo***cks :realmad:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I can see that plenty of autistic talent went into creating that masterpiece. 240.gif

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

lol at this whole thread!!! :realmad:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• Gold FFM

london2012.jpg

Like it - about the same amount i like sprouts!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

london2012.jpg

OMFG!! How rude!! It so is someone getting a blow job, really obvious.

Still it does tie in with what they say. It really does relate to the youth of today :lol:

Oh yeah. FYI. The estimates for that design are well over

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

These companies really can see politicians coming can't they? Want to design a logo? Get Blue Peter in on the act, a nice prize of a weeks abseiling in Cheddar Gorge or somewhere, presto! Tens of thousands of entries, all substantially better than that, total cost about 500 quid.

You would think politicians would have learned that they should never be developers after the Millenium debacle. Not just the Dome but the hundreds (thousands?) of monoliths lobbed up by Councillor Whossisname, trying to make a name for himself, with some overbudget crap that no-one asked for in the first place.

Paul Cs point about the after costs is a good one too. And his logo is just what I saw, some kind of cubist Picasso rendition of a breakdancing shotputter or something!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein