Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-tec EX530 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-tec EX530

They say.....First impressions of our new EX530 performance level for Lotus Exige Sport 410 and Lotus Exige Cup 430. 
Complementing this vehicle with sequential 7-speed gearbox and newly developed paddle-shift system. 
Note the respectable acceleration value of 100-200 km / h of 5.6sec (0-100 has not been determined)
The new kit has performed up to 565PS / 600N in bench tests, indicating the potential of the conversion. 
In the series variant, we have decided in the first step for 525PS and 575Nm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am guessing it’s expensive but wow that’s literally a rocket ship.

interesting they say it’s capable of more but this is the starting point! 

Makes you wonder if lotus have messed up not doing a final 500bhp+ edition with a dual clutch gear box. 

• Like 1

Wow, so I assume it's a sort a full bolt on configuration like the ex430 with the cooled tvs1740 ?

for 350 owners, Jubu has posted an almost identic power stage using their tvs2300  just 2 days before, it's too good to see the great emulation between the two companies.

Are Jubu also running sequential?

The problem for me is the cost/useability of sequential is too much for me to justify, even if I’d love more power.

Also, the running costs are noticeably higher since the 460 kit, I imagine another 100hp means even higher wear rates and running costs.

Saw a black car in February. It was a brand new 430 and with all the kit almost doubled the price of the car. Testing was ongoing but what a noise it made. Inbeleive The guy who owns it I just wanted to have something to keep up with exotica on track, or so I was told.

great news though as George said will probably be expensive to run with that box. But hey, if you can throw +200k€ at a car why not.

but interesting to see the 0-60 time at 3.2 tad better than a 430 Cup on a par with a 460ex unless he meant he’s not had a proper wallop at getting it better... strange.

cheers

18 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

but interesting to see the 0-60 time at 3.2 tad better than a 430 Cup on a par with a 460ex unless he meant he’s not had a proper wallop at getting it better... strange.

cheers

Exactly same 0-60 time as standard Cup 43060848BF6-8856-48C7-9198-6318E8CC97B8.thumb.jpeg.303dca988e435d5d473673b65e9e416f.jpeg

36 minutes ago, alias23 said:

I stopped reading 0-60 times about the same time as I stopped reading Max Power.

Haha yeah, it is the least relevant of all performance stats. In gear times, 30 - 70, 60 - 120 etc (MPH) way more reliable and relevant for road/track.

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

I stopped reading 0-60 times about the same time as I stopped reading Max Power.

:) sorry... wont mention that again.. ;)

14 hours ago, Tex said:

Exactly same 0-60 time as standard Cup 43060848BF6-8856-48C7-9198-6318E8CC97B8.thumb.jpeg.303dca988e435d5d473673b65e9e416f.jpeg

Ahhh sorry, my apologies won't mention 430 Cups in same breath as KT's next time ;) ...

• Haha 1

Komo-Tec said they haven’t tried to do a 0-62 yet.  Considering it has significantly more power and a better gearbox & clutch, I’d imagine that if the owner was so inclined, it would absolutely demolish any other Exige in any straight line tests. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Not heard much about this upgrade from Komotec so presumably may have been shelved so the ex490 kit for a 350 and 380 or the ex475 kit for the 410 and 430 remain the options.

Not much additional if anything needed for the 410 and 430 but a few extrasfor the other 2 would be necessary.

Anyone looking at either upgrade or had one done ?

I keep looking at the 475 with the GT430 Ohlins for my 410 Sport.

A £10k upgrade but cheaper than the £25k cost to change for a GT430!

I think I'd have a serious weapon even more beyond my capability then!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I keep looking at the 475 with the GT430 Ohlins for my 410 Sport.

A £10k upgrade but cheaper than the £25k cost to change for a GT430!

I think I'd have a serious weapon even more beyond my capability then!

You only live once Andy, and what a weapon it would be, give the Mclaren boys a scare !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

My car is currently with Komotec. They are fitting the TVS1900 charge cooled supercharger for me with Komotec front radiator, pipes etc from their regular kits. I already have Zircotec coated 2bular manifolds/down pipe, sports car, track silencer, KT carbon air intake and running ECUMaster Black ECU. I am not doing any internals at this stage so it will be mapped to under 500hp, although capable of a lot more with the right internals.

I’ve also had Ohlins TTX for a while now and absolutely love them!

Interesting, so this is to a 350, but it’s not the EX490 kit you are doing ?

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/685

9 minutes ago, Tex said:

Interesting, so this is to a 350, but it’s not the EX490 kit you are doing ?

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/685

No @Mattmahope is getting a TVS1900 fitted not the Edelbrok. Matt had another thread somewhere talking through there pros and cons of each

6 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

No @Mattmahope is getting a TVS1900 fitted not the Edelbrok. Matt had another thread somewhere talking through there pros and cons of each

Correct. My car started out life as a 2016 350 Sport. It’s currently running a fraction over 400hp with the standard 1320 Harrop supercharger. My options were:

1. Stick with current set up but do internals/cams etc.

2. KT460 kit

3. KT475/490 using OEM Edelbrock charger

4. Non cooled TVS1900

5. Charge cooled TVS1900

In the end I decided on the last option for a variety of different reasons which I have posted about before I think. Happy to discuss with anyone if helpful.

That will be some car Matt has when finished.....

• Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

39 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

Correct. My car started out life as a 2016 350 Sport. It’s currently running a fraction over 400hp with the standard 1320 Harrop supercharger. My options were:

1. Stick with current set up but do internals/cams etc.

2. KT460 kit

3. KT475/490 using OEM Edelbrock charger

4. Non cooled TVS1900

5. Charge cooled TVS1900

In the end I decided on the last option for a variety of different reasons which I have posted about before I think. Happy to discuss with anyone if helpful.

Ok, so presumably you are looking to obtain in region of 490 bhp but do you know the torque figures. Seems to be in region of 530NM is the safe Max

52 minutes ago, Tex said:

Ok, so presumably you are looking to obtain in region of 490 bhp but do you know the torque figures. Seems to be in region of 530NM is the safe Max

I honestly do not have a specific figure in mind but since I am not doing internals plan is to map for comfortably below 500hp. I would expect to end up with more than 475hp though given the larger charger capacity and greater cooling. Similarly, I don’t have any torque figures in mind but I expect KT to map for something that is reasonably safe.

The table in the link below shows what SSC/Harrop say their kits produce by way of a guide. I would say those numbers are generally on the conservative side as they do not take account of upgraded exhausts or ECUs as far as I am aware.

https://aussieelises.com/topic/13198-tvs1900-supercharger-kit-technical-review/

• 3 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 19:23, Tex said:

I ended up with just over 490hp and just under 530NM - perfect numbers!

That 530 is quite something.  Daniel gave me a good look around it when I was in Mendig.  It has every upgrade/mod you can imagine thrown at it, money no object.

It's currently on sale...