Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ordered the front access panel from eltech in high gloss without stripes. I will report.. 🤗

Although I love the looks of the 380 wing, for me the komotec wing and frontsplitter is the better solution as I go there for my regular Service and trust in their windtunnel tests. 

Edited by Christian H

Yeeeyyy I hope so. As the front splitter is no carbon, no one will ever see the rear wing and front panel togehter in detail but I will report that also. All I know is, that the komotec carboon looks great for itself. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2019 at 21:25, Christian H said:

Dont like the reverie thing somehow.. 

There is a picture of the eltech wing on Facebook but im not sure if i can post it here. Couldnt see a difference to the cup380 wing except from the colour. 

I agree, not a fan of that Reverie spoiler. Love the ride height on yours now

• Like 1

On 02/05/2019 at 21:25, Christian H said:

Dont like the reverie thing somehow.. 

There is a picture of the eltech wing on Facebook but im not sure if i can post it here. Couldnt see a difference to the cup380 wing except from the colour. 

Mounts are different, plus the ends of the wing are at an angle, not vertical, on the factory wing. On the Eltech they look like they sit vertical.

5 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Mounts are different, plus the ends of the wing are at an angle, not vertical, on the factory wing. On the Eltech they look like they sit vertical.

You're right. The wing looks also a bit wider than the original one. Had to look twice. 

But as I said, for me its no real Option as I will go for the Komotec one. 

Will you get a new wing again? The straight komotec wing would look great on your car. 

1 minute ago, Christian H said:

You're right. The wing looks also a bit wider than the original one. Had to look twice. 

But as I said, for me its no real Option as I will go for the Komotec one. 

Will you get a new wing again? The straight komotec wing would look great on your car. 

I think the Komo-tec one is the best wing on the market.

I have no plans for a new wing at the moment, other things I'd rather spend my money on to be honest.  If I do do a wing, I'll either do the Komo-tec one or I'll do a Cup-R wing (chassis mounted).

• Like 1

For me, nothing beats the look of the OEM 380 or 430 cup mounts. I really like their shapes and the way they reverse. It's a shame none of the after markets ones are copying this. I wonder if a Komotec wing would mount on it (would need to be pretty lucky) and buy the brackets from Lotus (and probably sell a kidney for that). 

Played around with photoshop (I know it looks awful) but I´m still not sure if I should wrap the front and / or the "eyliner" around the headlights.
Not sure if it really looks any better than original. Maybe just wrap the lower section and leave the headlights as they are?
What do you think? Any suggestions? As it will be easy to remove, it wouldn´t be a problem but as it always costs some money it should be carefully considered.

image.png.1208e6b670769b718931f1a240f80988.pngimage.jpeg.a05865c914e0de911d07af543061a4a2.jpeg

On 29/04/2019 at 10:04, stephenwhyte said:

A couple of pics to show the Cup 380 in Red.......👌

534229C0-C457-46A8-8DDB-99E829167B84.jpeg

865CB4B0-3FF2-4B37-A0B6-8DA8F40B8573.jpeg

Haha knew it, been a while since you flashed mate!

My 10p on this...

I started off wanted a 350, then I saw a 380, we did the maths and the cost of self building a 380 was just too much particularly when you factor in the carbon fibre.

What are your must have elements from a 380?

3 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Oi! We can't hear those peasant cup owners over our higher rev limit 

:sofa:

Remember the cup owners cant hear anything.... no radio

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

My 10p on this...

I started off wanted a 350, then I saw a 380, we did the maths and the cost of self building a 380 was just too much particularly when you factor in the carbon fibre.

What are your must have elements from a 380?

A 380 would cost me about 25.000 € more than my v6 and would probably not be any faster. 

For that 25k i could buy a komotec 460 kit, rear wing, front splitter, canards etc. And had still about 8k left for trackdays. 

For the 380 looks my must have elements would be the canards, wing, front splitter to match the downforce of the wing, front access panel and side skirts plus those little wings at the backend (dont know the name in english). These parts are about 6k all togehter I assume if you just buy the canards and those parts on the backend from lotus. Even less if you'd go for the elise shop parts. 

In addition the komotec wing and splitter will produce even more downforce than the 380 parts. 

Can do a small calculation with the actual prices if it helps. 

9 minutes ago, Christian H said:

A 380 would cost me about 25.000 € more than my v6 and would probably not be any faster. 

For that 25k i could buy a komotec 460 kit, rear wing, front splitter, canards etc. And had still about 8k left for trackdays. 

For the 380 looks my must have elements would be the canards, wing, front splitter to match the downforce of the wing, front access panel and side skirts plus those little wings at the backend (dont know the name in english). These parts are about 6k all togehter I assume if you just buy the canards and those parts on the backend from lotus. Even less if you'd go for the elise shop parts. 

In addition the komotec wing and splitter will produce even more downforce than the 380 parts. 

Can do a small calculation with the actual prices if it helps. 

So, it will actually be more cost effective for you to build your own 380, that's good!