Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Electric is not the way to go.....Wow! Really? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Electric is not the way to go.....Wow! Really?

11 hours ago, Techyd said:

@rjwooll - Thank you for your more in depth and considered response.  It explains your previous post much clearer and indeed presents you point of view such that I can understand where you are coming from.

Apologies for misquoting the 0.04% - just a typo on my part.

I agree with you here.

I think you've misunderstood me - I am all for producing scientific evidence to show the specific impact and establish fuller a understanding of the impact.  As I see it, its common sense that there HAS been an impact (not a religion) and its science to illustrate what that is.  CO2 emissions are certainly the buzz word and I know there are other more damaging types of environmental impact - extinction of animal species through hunting, destroying ecosystems through deforestation, polluting rivers through mining, farming, fishing and so on.

With regards the temperature rises, it can actually occur both ways and is documented to have done so:

"...Comparing the global set of temperature records with the levels of CO2 in the ancient air bubbles trapped in ice cores reveals that global average temperatures started to rise at least a century after CO2 levels began to creep up. That's the reverse of what seems to have happened in Antarctica, where warming temperatures precede rising CO2 levels. But that local warming may be explained by this shutdown of ocean currents as a result of massive glacial melt in the Northern Hemisphere"

Anyway, good to share thoughts - I've certainly taken some away some more points to consider.

TechyD, thank you for your courteous response. I'm pleased that we now seem to have more about which to agree than disagree - not to mention our love of Lotus. I have a couple of friends with Evoras and one day I mean to have one!

Richard

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 20:56, rjwooll said:

I have a couple of friends with Evoras and one day I mean to have one!

They are truly stunning cars - If you’ve not driven one yourself yet, you must!  The scare yourself sensible day at Hethel is a great day out where you can drive both Exige and Evora, have a factory tour together with a look around the classic Lotus where Clive Chapman operates out of.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I wonder if someone is going to come up with a pad that when you park the car on it, it charges wirelessly like some phones?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

There is talk about installing such devices down the centre of roads (how many roadworks would that cause??!?). Then cars could be charged continuously ‘on the go’. It would be like a giant Scalextric track!

• Gold FFM

50% for wireless recharging? Might be ok for a phone. Seems to be a big step backward for a car and the environment though?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)