Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Whoops...... - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Whoops......

Barrykearley

Wait til there's a notch on the temp gauge before you press sport, give the engine and running gear a chance to warm before you go launching it up some country lane! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Cheers @Bibs - read the booklet earlier 👍

the sport button is pressed as soon as it’s started - dunno why you can’t just set that as a default 🤪

it’s a Launch Edition car so looks to have all the packs - 14500 miles on the clock which will only go up.

the sat nav - managed to get it to open this morning with some assistance and it opens and closed ok now - does some very weird things and I can’t get music and nav at the same time. A master stroke by lotus using a generic double din means it’ll probably get replaced soon

Perhaps a firmware update for the ICE unit will help. It's not hard to do. If not that a simple factory reset may help. In the settings menu.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Gotta love the younger generation.

(Now that the gig is up and we know what you did, I have moved this over to the Evora Chat area. :) )

• Thanks 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Going through the document pack which came with the car this morning.

I've lifted the engine cover and looked at it briefly - it looks to have a CAI kit on it along with maybe a Larini exhaust. Absolutely no invoices or anything regarding that in the pack......

what should I be looking for to confirm what has been done to the car??

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The missus wasn’t amused I took the dog in the car. She’s told me in no uncertain terms I need to keep it clean and not have the dog in it as she might leave marks and mess.....

I think even Wendy is warming to this car - she was asking all sorts of questions yesterday which I’m sure were to gauge what hasn’t yet been done to it so she can notice if things change 🤣

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The missus wasn’t amused I took the dog in the car. She’s told me in no uncertain terms I need to keep it clean and not have the dog in it as she might leave marks and mess.....

I think even Wendy is warming to this car - she was asking all sorts of questions yesterday which I’m sure were to gauge what hasn’t yet been done to it so she can notice if things change 🤣

Wish I had the same reaction from from partner ☹️

I am resigned to going in car when I am on my own or with my young daughter who loves it 

the thoughts of a trip into Ireland or Europe are a bit of pipe dream in terms with my other half , shame but all I hear is trade it in for a camper van much more useful ? Really  

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

An Evora, a camper van and no wife? Well, it was her idea :lol:

That thought passed my mind but .....

not yet married anyway just started the planning so this might be the distraction for next 18 months ?

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

HOW MUCH WAS IT TO INSURE HER ON IT

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

15 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

That thought passed my mind but .....

not yet married anyway just started the planning so this might be the distraction for next 18 months ?

My advice would be to save the wedding cash and don't bother. Give her half the cash and tell her to buy a camper and an Atlas!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

My advice would be to save the wedding cash and don't bother. Give her half the cash and tell her to buy a camper and an Atlas!

Lol 

thought of that too ! 

I think I am going to take the stand that the Evora is my sort of man cave / shed place of retreat 

I will consider a camper van when we downsize and kids are no longer around however my thought of holiday is a nice hotel with running bath and someone else does the cooking not into emptying the septic tank duties 🤨

18 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

I will consider a camper van when we downsize and kids are no longer around however my thought of holiday is a nice hotel with running bath and someone else does the cooking not into emptying the septic tank duties 🤨

Good man.

Make it part of the deal. I'll get a Camper van but you, my dear, must do all the cooking whilst we are in it, make sure the fridge is full of wine and beer, and empty and clean the toilet.

Or, you can let me get an Evora and I'll take you away to a nice hotel and spa for the weekend a couple of times a year.  Compromise, always the best way to make a marriage last lol.... Just ask @Barrykearley

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Good man.

Make it part of the deal. I'll get a Camper van but you, my dear, must do all the cooking whilst we are in it, make sure the fridge is full of wine and beer, and empty and clean the toilet.

Or, you can let me get an Evora and I'll take you away to a nice hotel and spa for the weekend a couple of times a year.  Compromise, always the best way to make a marriage last lol.... Just ask @Barrykearley

Only thing 

I like and do all cooking always had to since bringing my kids up on my own 

get a little protective about cooking duties bizarre ? 

Anyway marriage adviser duly noted for future reference 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

she was asking all sorts of questions yesterday which I’m sure were to gauge what hasn’t yet been done to it so she can notice if things change 🤣

She has her wits about her then!  I put a carbon effect wrap on my roof (to replace the black) and my girlfriend is yet to notice 🤣.

I doubt she'll notice the 2Buler exhaust in a few weeks either!

Anyway - great car the Evora, lovely colour too! 👍

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Techyd said:

She has her wits about her then!  I put a carbon effect wrap on my roof (to replace the black) and my girlfriend is yet to notice 🤣.

I doubt she'll notice the 2Buler exhaust in a few weeks either!

Anyway - great car the Evora, lovely colour too! 👍

I am having the alloys re done in black gloss and then replace all disks & paint callipers yellow doubt she notice or think anything about the car 

unfortunately my partner as no interest in cars whatsoever she loves her little Fiat 500 Gucci but other than that she doesn’t go above speed limit by driving 5-10 mph below what in force for that road, she got speeding ticket last summer so now obsessed with her speed !!!

Now I drive very conservatively so 30mph in Evora to her it’s too fast as she perceives your going faster ?