Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
7 months in my Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

7 months in my Evora

Smapmap

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Smapmap said:

lol - funnily enough I had my dog and three weans in the car today, on the school drop. Where there's a will there's a way :)

Simply not possible in an Esprit. The Evora is without doubt the most practical family car I can think of.

• Like 2

Only here once

Great write up. Interesting to read and I agree with most of your points in the 'Impressions list'

I too have had my 2015 Evora for 7 months coincidently. Not done as many miles, but I do use it on a regular basis.

Same as you, I am surprised how easy the 3 of us can fit in the car, (Wife and 5 year old son) no problems at all, and he loves being near the engine and near me on car journeys.

I too would like the seating position to be slightly lower.

I have friends who have Porches and they are amazed at the interior quality and the build quality, even the way the door shuts nicely with a nice sound.

I have a IPS and the gear change is very good, and the blips on the down gear is great.

Happy driving, hope we get lots of dry days over the winter!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hawks said:

Great write up. Interesting to read and I agree with most of your points in the 'Impressions list'

I too have had my 2015 Evora for 7 months coincidently. Not done as many miles, but I do use it on a regular basis.

Same as you, I am surprised how easy the 3 of us can fit in the car, (Wife and 5 year old son) no problems at all, and he loves being near the engine and near me on car journeys.

I too would like the seating position to be slightly lower.

I have friends who have Porches and they are amazed at the interior quality and the build quality, even the way the door shuts nicely with a nice sound.

I have a IPS and the gear change is very good, and the blips on the down gear is great.

Happy driving, hope we get lots of dry days over the winter!

It's the little things I've noted since buying the car.

• The quality of the stitching is incredible - so precise and accurate. To think it's been done by hand!
  • The vanity light in the door which lights up when you open it.
  • When you open the boot lid in the rain and it disperses without flooding the boot
  • The pool of water which gathers in the doors = wet trousers!
  • The fact the indicator stalks seem to be miles away from where you need them (I wonder if this to accommodate IPS?)
  • The Becker points :)
  • The half length sun visors

All part of the Lotus experience!!

3 hours ago, EGTE said:

Get it done before the warranty runs out, mate.

Sound advice

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great write up and its good you have had great service from Leven its a key to any ownership no matter what the marque.

As for electrical connectors, Stabilant 22 this stuff is an aviation recommended product it actually promotes conductivity... it would want to its B expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Stabilant-5ml-Kit-Makes-30ml/dp/B001E50GQS

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man. I went to Sainsbury's today and when I got back to the car it refused to start. This is the first time I've ever been let down by a car.

Currently getting loaded onto a flatbed truck. Battery levels are fine so suspect it's a failed starter motor :(

Absolutely gutted. 

10 minutes ago, Smapmap said:

Oh man. I went to Sainsbury's today and when I got back to the car it refused to start. This is the first time I've ever been let down by a car.

Currently getting loaded onto a flatbed truck. Battery levels are fine so suspect it's a failed starter motor :(

Absolutely gutted. 

Sorry to hear this 

my starter motor went after 3 months of infrequent use so I guess I put it down to previous owner use 

luckily it was replaced under warranty but took about 8 days to get the part and fitted 

hopefully your car be still covered by warranty ?

Thanks Clive. Yeah - I wonder if most of the issues I've encountered to date are down to the fact that the car had only done 3k in 3-4 years. I really don't think cars should be parked up for that length of time.

I've got a dealership warranty for the first year so hopefully no issues on that front - I spoke to Laura from Leven in Edinburgh and they will try to sort me with a courtesy car in the meantime (which is great) and also see if they can finally sort out the throttle body connection issue which is causing the car to go into limp mode randomly.

This has really knocked my confidence in the car. This is supposed to be my daily driver :(

6 minutes ago, Smapmap said:

Thanks Clive. Yeah - I wonder if most of the issues I've encountered to date are down to the fact that the car had only done 3k in 3-4 years. I really don't think cars should be parked up for that length of time.

I've got a dealership warranty for the first year so hopefully no issues on that front - I spoke to Laura from Leven in Edinburgh and they will try to sort me with a courtesy car in the meantime (which is great) and also see if they can finally sort out the throttle body connection issue which is causing the car to go into limp mode randomly.

This has really knocked my confidence in the car. This is supposed to be my daily driver :(

Agree that cars need to be driven, after such an idle period you are probably ironing out all the bugs/faults. 

push through, these are great cars and when looked after/run properly are pretty faultless.

3 hours ago, Smapmap said:

Thanks Alistair - that's exactly what I'm thinking too. I want to have this car for a long time and I hope this will be the last of the issues.

I try and drive my car once a week but the journey tends to be a school run of 20 miles round trip, with slow traffic often in the journey.

otherwise I don’t get many chances to drive the car for more than an hour ☹️

this week I am working away in Isle of Man and yes great place to take Evora but as I am taking my partner she hates going in car so I am taking company car and I supposed to use that for works travel anyway?

i don’t know if infrequent use contributed to starter motor failure ? Or was it previous owner and my use on shorter journeys with multiple starting ? I don’t know and to be honest I am not mechanically gifted so find it confusing to know Why ? 

hopefully you be back on road soon and thankfully you have the warranty 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trcm said:

It's been over three years and I only just discovered this !

image.png.6c53cbe1b1f26a54bf11e6c4ceaf82e8.png

Wow didn’t know that then again I have read the manual ? In my 18 months I have never seen the three rev lights is it a standard feature or just on sport version ?

20 hours ago, Bibs said:

I've not been on a drive and not seen them, quite a few times too! Put your foot down Clive, the red line is there for a reason :driving:

Lol Bibs 

if only if only !!!  One of these days I will get to see these lights ! Just been on the Manx TT on the famed mountain route, in the clear morning sunshine what a view but then what a frightening prospect of travelling of 70+ mph during race days 😳

I am surprised not too see more performance cars on the island testing their skills and capabilities ?