Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Does your car colour reflect your personality? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Does your car colour reflect your personality?

• Gold FFM

Some of us pick outrageous colours. Some of us pick plain colours. Others pick a colour saying 'This looks great on the car."

I ended up with a red Esprit because that is the best one I could find at the time. I don't mind red, but I would take Norfolk Mustard over red every time.

Do you think your car colour reflects you or is it a case of, "That is all I could get."

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Out of preference I lean towards blue, as the majority of my cars have been. My M100 was red as it was all I could get, the colour of my old boxster was jade green, ordered in a moment of madness 😁

I loved the colours on my first Esprit, red with a black roof and pillars. But I'm certainly not that colourfull myself. 😛

Current one is Silver Frost, not my first choice but a very good car and the best deal I could find. And very very happy with it, even if the silver is in line with the bland 50 shades of grey most new cars seem to be specced with...

I have been thinking of having her wrapped, either matt gunmetal grey (uhm, shade 51?) or redo the silver and add a black roof for contrast and to go with the black mirrors and rims.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

For me it's all about the type of car versus the colour.

If it's a Lambo, I'd go green or orange.

GT3 Porker in white or Viper green

Ferrari has to be in re-sale red.

Mercs and Astons in silver or gun metal grey

For a Lotus, aside from the yellow (obviously) I really like some of the blue shades.  In fact if you said that I'd have a have any future car in a fixed colour, I'd probably opt for blue or play it safe with white

I've had red, green, orange, white, silver, gray, blue, and maroon cars in various values and hues.  What does this project about me?  Confusion, eclectic tastes, or a willingness to accept whatever car is on the lot for a better price?  There are two colors I will no longer buy: black (maintenance issues) and silver or gray in any of their values. Gray (and it's vicious cousin, silver)  is not a color!   

• Haha 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

• Gold FFM
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:16, 21gg said:

...............the colour of my old boxster was jade green, ordered in a moment of madness 😁

The Jade Green was fine Gavin, it was ordering a Boxster that was the moment of madness, :P :sofa: .

I agree with the colour should suit the car and thats a whole thread subject.

Colour is such a personal thing and may be personality however I have found my colour preference has matured over the years, Ive owned 35 cars and the majority of them were red, but its not a preference now.