Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise Cup 250 - Exhaust too loud for track? - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise Cup 250 - Exhaust too loud for track?

TonyKL

35 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

@TonyKL I still prefer the S2 Exige you had, fabulous colour scheme👍

😪 thanks Paul - I could get a cup in that colour scheme 🙂 but I think I should go bright this time - current favourite is Liquid Yellow!

The best looking 250 Cup on sale at the moment by some margin 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s3/lotus-elise-cup-250/10115403

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 21:06, internets said:

Well just checked my V5! Certainly doesn’t sound that loud and like I said Goodwood tested my car 🤷‍♂️

image.thumb.jpg.076d84c00dce75cf60ce917057e20856.jpg

interesting that the exhaust emissions are different on our cars.. 

On 06/11/2019 at 21:14, scotty435 said:

What about Toxic Green 

B5E4E790-82C9-47FC-83AA-00C0A08D5A55.jpeg

Has this picture had any post-processing (colour is incredible)? 

Edited by TonyKL

2 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Has this picture had any post-processing (colour is incredible)? 

It was my car and featured in issue 4 of Absolute Lotus with the designer of the original Elise Julian Thomson driving the the car and have to say the colour is even better in real life.

EB9B6330-B35D-485E-A989-FD900F908048.jpeg

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Petrolgeneration said:

Any closer to pulling a trigger TonyKL? 

Afraid not. I’ve got a test drive booked at the weekend (will go after newlands corner meet) and see what I think. Trouble is I really love the v6 but the appeal of a light car is there. 

will se what is on offer and what options are available / prices. Also colours!  Really tempted with a bright colour to accent the black bits but am I that bold??

I had an Exige V6. You'll miss the power of the Exige which is addictive, but for road use I love the Elise 250. The Exige (and Evora 400) were just too quick to fully utilise on the road, but the Elise can be driven harder without reaching insane speeds. The Elise also definitely feels smaller, lighter and more agile - perfect for a B road.

You will notice how nimble the Elise feels compared to the Exige, I had a 2013 Exige S before the Evora 400 and current Elise Cup ;) , IMHO and is a massive difference but you will miss the grunt of the V6, ask @Stubox :lol: 

The only answer I can think is to have both in the garage ;) 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

4 hours ago, internets said:

The only answer I can think is to have both in the garage ;) 

No can do, I have to make my choice - but what a choice to make!

Toxic Green, Fire Red, Liquid Yellow - it's a tough call.

14 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Question is - where can I see the colours ?

Dealers usually have samples aswel. I did also check the picture thread first though. I think it's a big mistake they don't have a clear picture of every color on the Lotus website.

4 hours ago, Petrolgeneration said:

I think it's a big mistake they don't have a clear picture of every color on the Lotus website.

yes and no as online the colours are hugely affected by screen type, resolution etc. Then there is the lighting and camera for the image etc. Take these examples of fire red, could almost be different colours.

fire red1.jpg

fire red2.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...