Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 36 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

Sorry, but I knew that would be the case.

lotus couldn’t give a monkeys. Equally, they have no desire to allow AIM to support the customers.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Agreed. However if we are to progress this with Lotus we need need to know for sure that Aim can help and that it’s Lotus who are blocking this.
Does anyone have a contact at Aim?

I will have a look at Companies House to get a Directors name if no one responds.

I’ve only used the support email address in the website.

support@aimtechnologies.com

812C0570-26C2-4D04-B1D1-DA8D70CC04CF.jpeg

Basically, it seems AIM don’t want to do anything for fear of upsetting lotus…

lotus don’t want to do anything because they can’t be arsed.

If we could get lotus to sign the rights over to AIM, I’m sure we could pay them to support it.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Like I said, I’ve only spoken to support.

And said “it seems…”

Was there ever a fix for the “left my lights on” buzzer? As there is no buzzer on mine if I get out of the car and I’ve left them on.

cheers

Here's Aim's response to my email:

Hello Rob,
this dash is produced under the manufacturer's specifications, and it doesn't support all of the functions that we provide on the aftermarket MX2E, both sold with Lotus and AiM brands.
For any enquiry relevant to this OEM dash, the appropriate addressee is Lotus cars, despite I suppose they do not plan to have updates for such a unit.

Regards,
Stefano D'Andria
Technical Support

AiM TECH Srl
Via Cavalcanti, 8
20063 Cernusco Sul Naviglio
Milano - Italy
web: www.aim-sportline.com

Edited by stevensr34

Yeh I don't understand what all the confusion is - it's clear the FE dash isn't going to get the features of the MX2E.

People who bought the FE (myself included) knew (or should have tested/researched) what features the FE dash does and doesn't come with. The option to buy the aftermarket MX2E is still there, for those that want it. 

Just because the 2 dashes might share the same hardware, it certainly doesn't mean that can or should share the same software or legislative obligations. 

• Like 1

The original specs included reverse camera and track gps.

We just want the features we were told we’d have.

Conveniently, reference has been removed form lotuscars website…

there are various entries around tho, like this one:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/elise/prices-specs/97002/1.8-cup-final-edition-250-2dr under driver conscience, it references track data logger…

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/car-leasing/lotus/elise/convertible/18-cup-final-edition-250-2dr?mileage=5000&term=48&initial_payment=9 Another one that references data logger

https://centrallotus.com/elise-sport-240-final-edition/ “The new TFT screen features two selectable driver screen display styles: an analog style with a circular tachometer and a digital style with a linear bar tachometer. These and other menu options are controlled via buttons on the side of the instrument binnacle. A high RPM shift light is included to assist the driver in selecting the optimum gear for the engine speed. A GPS based track data system can be optioned with your Lotus dealer.”

https://www.simplysportscars.com/lotus-cars/lotus-elise-sports-car/ 

The Elise is focussed on performance driving. Optional on selected models and standard on the Final Edition range is the digital dashboard.

The optional GPS upgrade lets you switch from daily driving info to track mode. Lap timing and data recording is built in, perfect for analysis after your track driving session.

There is small print to say specs can change…  happened when I bought my Exige. Carbon bits missing etc. typical Lotus.

Out of interest bumped into a guy on my way home from Classic LeMans. He was running an RRR dash, to me it looked far far far better than the AIM. Not sure on the full feature set but much clearer to look at and you can customise it.

cheers

”Lights on buzzer” anyone? This is a pretty basic function that should, but does not work….. doh!

Sadly this is going nowhere, we can complain as much as we like, but in much the same way you can't go to Audi or Porsche or any other manufacturer and get upgrades on what comes off the end of the production line beyond simple upgrades. It's a shame the dash in the FE can't be flashed with the standard firmware, I wonder what would happen if anyone tried. Risky though. 

Lotus remains a company of take the money and run, they're clearly not interested in enthusiasts any more, it's all about the looks now. 

20 hours ago, Matt W said:

It's a shame the dash in the FE can't be flashed with the standard firmware, I wonder what would happen if anyone tried. Risky though. 

Lotus remains a company of take the money and run, they're clearly not interested in enthusiasts any more, it's all about the looks now.

Actually that is not strictly true.  My first Evora did not have the Tech Pack, but I was able to get the cruise fitted by the dealer retrospectively and switched on via the ECU.

On my EClass convertible I am able to upgrade the ICE to the latest Android Auto/CarPlay and download apps. I have also retrofitted the MB Connect programme to provide full smartphone integration - i.e. to track the car, check on system status, check servicing needs, etc etc all remotely.

In fact, increasingly Auto Manufacturers are making "adding" more features retrpsoectively easier in many cases as it brings in additional revenue for them and their dealers.

To be honest, what we have here, imvho, is a case of Lotus doing the bare minimum and coming up with a half cocked solution, not fully thought through, and with no intention of providing ANY SUPPORT whatsoever belong the minimum they can get away with.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On back order. Again.

Edited by Bravo73

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

True - but in doing so, Aim "broke" the operability of the existing setup - so they should be able to provide a firmware update. And this same update could easily include adding in other "turned-off" features - Rear camera support, programmable shift lights, etc...  

But Aim couldn't care less.

Seems like they did the MXLotus dash, instructed by Lotus to do the bare minimum required, with no thought for future firmware upgrades..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 07:20, CocoPops said:

I sent the following, to Chinks@ on Monday. No reply yet.

Good Morning,

I wonder if you can help.
I own an Elise Cup 250 FE with the AIM dash and I’m disappointed that I cannot use a gps unit or reverse camera.

AIM say the MXLotus needs software update but it is not their device it is a Lotus device.
Lotus after sales say it’s an AIM device and there’s nothing they can do.

So, as a customer of Lotus (3rd new Lotus) and have an Emira on order, I am disappointed that us Final Edition owners have been left out in the cold with an unsupported product.

Please advise.

Regards,

Had the same discussion with Lotus and AIM and at the end AIM told me that the track fonction is available on the MX2E (traduction I have to buy it)

BUT this is their answer when I asked them abour the TMPS

"Hi Yann
The MX2E is limited by Lotus as they paid for the development. Tyre pressure is a can based protocol which Lotus wont allow at this time"

SO the MX Lotus is not supported by AIM because it is a Lotus product (no update for the new GPS09B)

We support our MX2E product BUT Lotus paid for the development so the product is limited

Damn guys... WTF is that shit
Next time please do nothing and I will change the dash myself by an "unlimited" product