Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 23 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

15 hours ago, Tex said:

The KT db eater is not a solution as they are unable to supply one which is Ti compliant it’s only for the 410 and 420 SS back box.

There are also no manufactured rear cans available, although I believe some folks have made there own for the the SS back box

The only real solution is to buy a quiet track back box unfortunately 

@Cemil Tacir 

Like Tex says, there is always the DIY solution that myself and a couple of others have done. Although it's not quite as convenient as an off the shelf solution, it is one that would work perfectly with the Ti exhaust, and unlike others does not require the OEM exhaust to be drilled or anything like that. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes,

Discussed at length on many forums on why Lotus make the 430Cup as a track car but you can’t get it on track.

I put some time into this and the best solution for me was a 2bular back box.

Plenty quiet enough for most UK tracks and I have the added cans if needed 

After some practice I can change it over in under an hour so not a too bad 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The answer is maybe !

If you have to rev it beyond 4750- 5000rpm and the inspector is a jobsworth then you will struggle.

Often only 1 inspector so you are able to keep revs below the valves opening as  he can’t see from the rear.

11 hours ago, Five50 said:

Can a 430 Cup get onto a 105db static day?

thoughts appreciated 

Do you have an AiM dash? If so set the rev lights lower  if there is a job worth he’ll think you’re red lining it at lower revs 👍

I generally go to circuits within about my 2 hours of London - Brands, Snett, silly, Donington etc 

Trying to work out what works. Have been running with a h111 track exhaust which actually has been great and gets me on most days - however have switched back to the original exhaust for the first time for the winter and loving it.

Was chatting to a guy at Bell and Colvill with a grey 430 with titanium exhaust who was saying it reads about 102-103db and he sneaks onto various days. Didn’t get the details of what / where specifically but looking at what the possibilities are.

As far as I know, the Ring and Spa are fine - but obviously not super convenient for the regular.

Am actually running a 380 but pretty sure that the exhaust is the same between 380/410/430.

Edited by Five50

Ah right. I’m up north so can’t help on the circuits you mentioned other than Donnington. Got blacked flagged there in the morning on drive by so short shifted under the mic (pit straight). Got pulled in late afternoon due to complaints from the airport (true story and caught on video). Never have a problem at Oulton Park, Croft, Cadwell park or Hethel
I’m now running an OEM track pipe for Donnington but feel the car has lost its soul. The standard titanium pipe sounds fantastic.

51 minutes ago, Five50 said:

I generally go to circuits within about my 2 hours of London - Brands, Snett, silly, Donington etc 

Trying to work out what works. Have been running with a h111 track exhaust which actually has been great and gets me on most days - however have switched back to the original exhaust for the first time for the winter and loving it.

Was chatting to a guy at Bell and Colvill with a grey 430 with titanium exhaust who was saying it reads about 102-103db and he sneaks onto various days. Didn’t get the details of what / where specifically but looking at what the possibilities are.

If you let the valve open, you will generally be over 105db most of the time. Readings can be quite variable, but I was told at Cadwell my 410 was over the limit when the valve opened.

That's exactly why I prefer to just use my 'bolt-on' exhaust for track days. I'm just too reluctant to change the OEM exhaust because I love it so much. 

With my track add-on exhaust I've been able to easily do Snetterton, Silverstone GP, Cadwell Park, Donington Park and Hethel. However it wasn't good enough to keep me under the drive by limit at Bedford Autodrome or Brands Hatch (Grand Prix) where I had to short shift after getting black flagged. 

4 hours ago, Five50 said:

As far as I know, the Ring and Spa are fine - but obviously not super convenient for the regular.

Am actually running a 380 but pretty sure that the exhaust is the same between 380/410/430.

I tend to switch to my 2bular track exhaust now but the only 3 tracks I could get on with the Ti exhaust were Anglesey, Silverstone and Donington but had to short shift at the latter 2.

With regards to Spa you will not pass the driveby meter on the pit straight unless you short shift.  My old 380 hit 108 at Silverstone 

The TI exhaust on the Cup 430 will hit 109-111db and more when gunning it. I have been black flagged everywhere except Anglesey.

Its either home made cans or a track exhaust unfortunately 

• 4 weeks later...

If you have chance to have a look at the data will be appreciated @Tex

I managed to measure it on my car but only after the EX475 kit installation so I would like to check a standard car values.

Il see if I can find it, although had a mean top speed average of 181.17 mph on a 1.3 mile runway over 3 runs 

Actual best top speed was 184.9, would post the speed result data but unable to upload photo 

BTW, are you running the KT exhaust system with the stock OEM back box and if so what torque are you generating 

It's quite a good top speed considering the big drag effect from the rear wing.

I am actually running the EX475 kit with the OEM titanium back box but I did not tried the car on the dyno.

I tried a couple of times to measure the 100-200 with the dragy box.

image.thumb.jpeg.492fdce495921e97fcdf5e24f954789e.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

do u have video that u can share ?

i`m shock that performance difference 

did u had a chance took the car to dyno?

even on komotec dyno ex475 has 468  which is only 13ps more than ex460 455

i know cup 430 is 100kg lighter but this is insane !

• 2 months later...