Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Hey Jack,

Great choice of car. I absolutely love mine.

Im also in the position where I am driving mine as a daily as I wait for the right car to come up for sale.

I have cup 2 tyres on it and whilst if I’m heavy footed I can easily get it to break traction it has so far been great. You will want to get the dealer to upgrade the wiper blade so it clears and not smears the dirty water, I’d also recommend a sub and speaker upgrade. Outside of that it’s a lovely place to be, people love the car so you always get a smile or thumbs up and even white van men let you out at junctions.

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second personally. Mine is also on track geo so much more pointy and harsh but the car is so well damped it’s still a pleasure even on the worst roads.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Handling and tyres shouldn’t be too much of a problem, particularly if you soften up the Nitrons. Cup 2’s aren’t too bad on the Exige once you get some temperature into them. 

One area which is less positive is the Cabin noise which is not conducive to listening to anything and drones on the motorway. The Cup 430 has less sound deadening even when optioned and rear glass is light and thin. 

My solution on longer journeys has been my noise cancelling Bose headphones. Also useful if you take any hands free calls

Jack - I agree with the above. I don’t daily mine but there’s no reason why you couldn’t. You just need to be enthusiastic enough about the car to put up with the lack of comforts vs something more “sensible”. And anyway if you find it does your head in, maybe you could buy a cheap runner for a few months. 

What I can guarantee you is that if you like Exiges in general, you’re going to be blown away by the 430. It’s just an awesome drive. Every journey will be a laugh.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Can’t wait to see it Jimmy. It’ll be stunning!

What’s the lead time on factory orders these days?

Giddy to say the least! Had a S1 beforehand but was sadly shortlived, managed to test drive a 410 prior to lockdown and was quite shocked at how civilised it can be!

About 3 months, build started end of November/beginning of December for a mid Feb finish and delivery hopefully march 1st on a 21 plate

Haven't done much tinkering yet though have plans to replace the mirrors with help from George in the new year.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 12:11, BatMobile said:

We will have to try and get as many 430s together as possible when we are out of lockdown.....I think most have tinkered to put their own stamp on them so would be great to check each other’s cars out. 

Definitely, and shouldn’t be that difficult to organise. 

I love to see black cars when they are all polished up looking super shiny, but I'm always put off buying one myself with the thought of trying to keep the black looking polished and super shiny 🤔 😩

9 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

How come you have a 6+ month wait for delivery? 

I'd have thought that since not everyone is back working at Lotus currently, lead times are a little longer than usual. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.