Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

14 hours ago, Alex_Y said:

Thank you 👍

My other mate picked up his vivid green cup250 final edition at same dealership 2 weeks ago and straight to GT auto garage for some carbon mirrors installed too

looks very 👍 

CDCEF84F-7054-4C1F-A005-9629575BC90E.jpeg

6C3F8E7E-0366-4DC9-A1CA-0474E77EEDB3.jpeg

That must have been the same day I got mine because I saw that there under the covers. 

Mine also went to the same place for ppf a few days before 🤣

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Alex_Y Do you have any pics of the interior of the white one? I ordered mine in the same spec (white with red seats) but after a bit of 'white is boring' peer pressure I relented and changed it to Vivid green. I'm pretty happy I switched, but I reckon that white/red combo still looks bloody great, especially with all the carbon.

Expecting mine to be delivered some time in November. I'm in Melbourne.

Edited by SeanW

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I know Andy wrote on here quite a bit and I’m the very pleased buyer of his Pewter grey Cup 430. I would have had a load of questions for you guys but I found Andy on here and got in touch with him after purchasing the car from a dealership who didn’t give me his info. He’s been absolutely brilliant and given me all the info I needed and more. 

The only questions I may have had had would have been about the track compliant exhaust but I’ve been reading through this thread this evening and I saw the comments on the 2bular QP exhaust which I’ll most likely be ordering soon. 

The only thing that I’m not 100% on is charging the battery…… I’ve got an extension lead set up in my Carcoon which is in a Cartainer and I’m happy with threading it through the boot and closing it but I think I may have had it attached the wrong way around at first. I’d assumed that the terminal that isn’t connected to the alarm was the positive because it’s red behind it but I think that whole side of the battery is red and after a few days I tried it other way around and I think it’s now charging because the lights on the charger have changed to say it’s charging where they didn’t before. I’m really not sure though and any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I’ll post some pics of the car (on purchase day) the Carcoon in the Cartainer (very good for anyone who doesn’t have a garage) and the battery charger connection and charger lights. The pics were taken before I’d changed the connections around and the pic of the charger was also before I’d changed it as I intended on asking for help before I’d tried it the other way around which I think is correct and now charging.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies and I look forward to hearing from you guys and hopefully meeting some of you at a track day next year 😁

I’m over the moon with the car it’s absolutely fantastic. The steering is absolute perfection 👌👌👌 I love everything about it 👍

Cheers Mitch 

51D88BF7-760F-4FE3-A29D-82B53520D277.jpeg

B8E413C9-64D7-4416-B80F-69550D0D9CE9.jpeg

EE18C58A-F8CA-4606-A92B-1ADD264D79FF.jpeg

9B9CFF75-938F-471C-A678-1216594DD2A4.jpeg

Side note….

this stuff from Meguiras is perfect for the matt black sections on Exiges (rear and roof) 

B1A6F189-F91F-4057-9B84-6741AE00D268.jpeg

7A4F7C25-3389-4119-93F0-9FE193D2C2E5.jpeg

Simplify, then add lightness

Congrats Mitch, great purchase. The car looks awesome. 
Can’t help re the charging. I’ve never even connected mine up. It never sits for more than 2-3 weeks without being driven. Plenty of others on here use their chargers so will be able to confirm. 

• Love 1

Congratulations @Mitch Foden-Clarke they are epic cars and Andy’s is a great example.

my lithium battery has an extension lead that attaches to the charger; it would be impossible to put it on the wrong way round. Maybe take it to a lotus dealer and ask why yours doesn’t have it.

I have the lotus track exhaust which has the benefit of being repackable. Where about are you based?

• Love 1

Great Purchase,

Cant help with the battery but with regards to the 2bular QP.

Presumably you will put on the full system ? as the OEM Toyota Manifolds are pretty terrible as per pic 

If you do and want to switch between your Ti back box and the QP box you will need Jim to adapt the valve manifold which attaches to the Ti box . He generally does not charge for this.

F87266B8-DC15-42E1-A0F3-C648BE65B365.jpeg

• Love 1

12 hours ago, 6 MT said:

Hi Mitch,

That looks stunning! Perfect spec!! 😎

Thanks mate I'm so chuffed with it, I've wanted one for years and I still have to pinch myself when I see it 😂

10 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Congrats Mitch, great purchase. The car looks awesome. 
Can’t help re the charging. I’ve never even connected mine up. It never sits for more than 2-3 weeks without being driven. Plenty of others on here use their chargers so will be able to confirm. 

Thanks buddy 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Congratulations @Mitch Foden-Clarke they are epic cars and Andy’s is a great example.

my lithium battery has an extension lead that attaches to the charger; it would be impossible to put it on the wrong way round. Maybe take it to a lotus dealer and ask why yours doesn’t have it.

I have the lotus track exhaust which has the benefit of being repackable. Where about are you based?

Thank you, Andy really did me a favour I would have wanted to change the mirrors and get the car PPF'd when I found a Cup 430 and he'd already done those things so it's saved me the agro. Also before selling it he'd had loads of work carried out on the car including a major service, under warranty he had all the suspension changed for new and he'd put on 4 brand new set of michelin cup sport 2's so there's literally nothing to be done. He'd even replaced the carbon cill covers with new because they were scratched and then gotten them PPF'd 😇

I live in north Cornwall and I know Andy was from Scotland so the car has gone from one end of the UK to the other. I would have travelled to Scotland to get it if I had to but some how the dealership Andy sold the car to ended up taking the car to one of their depots in Warwickshire which is usually about a 4 hour drive from me but it ended up taking almost 7 hours because the traffic was so bad which meant spending a night in a hotel and collecting the car the following morning. That being said there's not much that would have stopped me for getting it. I've wanted an Exige for years and I had been checking the internet for a cup 430 every night for weeks. I jumped on it quick when it came up and when I was at the dealership buying the car 3 people phoned up about it. I rarely believe car salesmen when they say things like that but I tend to believe them this time. 

I will look at the Lotus track exhaust as well. Would you recommend it?

10 hours ago, purso said:

Congratulations, it’s going to be a lot of fun getting to know the car!!

Cheers mate, you know it! 

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

Welcome and congratulations! I didn't even know a cartainer was a thing! 

Thank you, I've been well impressed with the Cartainer. Like a standard shipping container but 10' wide instead of 8' so you can get in and out of the car easily. They can be spec'd fully insulated, ply lined and wired with lights and sockets etc. I haven't got a garage so this was the next best thing. See link if you're interested;

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com/brands/10ft-wide-garage-container.php

10 hours ago, jep said:

Lovely Exige. I had the cigarette lighter port wired live and charge from there (using a male adaptor on the charger, £4 from Halfords). 

Justin

Thanks buddy I found this online is it the same thing? I couldn’t find an Optimate one on the Halfords website and perhaps it doesn’t need to be an Optimate necessarily but this one is. So I’d need to get the cigarette lighter wired to stay on when the key is out if the ignition if I go down this route?

B42CC311-EFA9-46A9-86B6-95FAF04BAB6A.png

CC6E7594-76B2-4B31-94CF-637080FDCF24.png

2B44F494-7E11-4023-8F9E-0F64DEFF5256.png

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Great Purchase,

Cant help with the battery but with regards to the 2bular QP.

Presumably you will put on the full system ? as the OEM Toyota Manifolds are pretty terrible as per pic 

If you do and want to switch between your Ti back box and the QP box you will need Jim to adapt the valve manifold which attaches to the Ti box . He generally does not charge for this.

F87266B8-DC15-42E1-A0F3-C648BE65B365.jpeg

Great info mate and I appreciate the pics. Like you say the OEM manifolds are nothing to write home about. Did you have a full system from 2bular? If you do have a full system do you loose the cats and have issues with emissions when it comes time to MOT? 

I'd only really want the quieter silencer for track days and would remove it after for road use. 

@Mitch Foden-Clarke the Halfords was just the male connector, you would then have to use a bit of DIY with a Tamiya connector or Molex or similar to join the wires. Or buy the Optimate  branded one or one ready made which would just be a bit more expensive. 

I am assuming the Exige 12v port is NOT live from factory.......plug something in to see when the ignition is off. Evora boot 12v is live always from factory for trickle charging but the one in the cabin is not live when ignition off. My Exige, I asked Oakmere to ensure 12v in cabin (there is none in the boot) was permanently live. 

Or have a feed connected to the battery with a tail in the boot for easy hook up to the trickle charger.

Justin

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

Great info mate and I appreciate the pics. Like you say the OEM manifolds are nothing to write home about. Did you have a full system from 2bular? If you do have a full system do you loose the cats and have issues with emissions when it comes time to MOT? 

I'd only really want the quieter silencer for track days and would remove it after for road use. 

I have the Full 2bular and comes with the 200 sport cat 

BDD19825-60F6-44BC-B9AE-0315B443E5C7.png

86EDD33B-ABD5-4AD5-A61B-6B543AE596B6.jpeg

• Love 1

Mitch, I discovered this summer that my QP is a bitch to get on and off. You’ll see from my previous posts that I was (and still am) really pleased with the noise level. But my plan was to swap between the glorious OEM Ti back box and the QP back box between track days. I’ve actually done that between OEM Ti and Lotus quiet, which I had borrowed off Alastair. It was a doddle, due to the way they link to the manifold. Both designs are identical in terms of fitment. Then I bought the QP. Left it on for a couple of months and it took me bloody ages to get it off due to the sleeve (pipe over pipe) design. Not saying it can’t be done, of course it can. But I like an easy life…. 😁

I know plenty of people who’ve had the QP system on for ages and love it, and I don’t disagree. But if you’re planning to be swapping it over yourself, at least consider the Lotus quiet exhaust. It’s more expensive and out of stock at times but still worth a look. 
Obviously doesn’t apply if you’ll be buying a full system like Tex.  

• Love 1

Interloper alert with a 'shy and retiring' 410 (in the face of you 'brash attention-grabbing' 430 owners 🤣)

Mitch, welcome! Lovely pics and cracking car.  Glad to be a sounding board for you during your search.

On exhausts, my loud 410 with stock exhaust is accepted at noisy track days -- cadwell being one.  I would not want to live with mine without the noisy exhaust as it is part of the fun and swapping it for track days is beyond my easy grasp.  I am impressed by those who do swap.

The Cartainer looks ace.  Good value too.  nice find.

BTW folks.  Mitch is quite talented at measuring and cutting and joining bits of wood 🥰  -- I wish you were closer to Northants Mitch!!

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

I will look at the Lotus track exhaust as well.

Thanks for signing up as a Full Forum Member, your support is appreciated. If you do want a Lotus system, let me know and you'll get 10% off which makes that £24pa look good value :D

• Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.