Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Well if it were me, I’d be buying the one that you know will get you on all circuits. If you want a great soundtrack on the road, you already have that with your Ti system. I don’t see the point in going to the hassle of swapping exhausts over, turning up at, say, Goodwood or Bedford, and still being flagged for noise. 
But that’s just me. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Well if it were me, I’d be buying the one that you know will get you on all circuits. If you want a great soundtrack on the road, you already have that with your Ti system. I don’t see the point in going to the hassle of swapping exhausts over, turning up at, say, Goodwood or Bedford, and still being flagged for noise. 
But that’s just me. 🙂

This was exactly my thinking, and hence why I fitted Jim’s QP system. I’ve been running it for over two years with no issues. I’ve not even had to use the add on cans yet.

22 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

This was exactly my thinking, and hence why I fitted Jim’s QP system. I’ve been running it for over two years with no issues. I’ve not even had to use the add on cans yet.

My point really.

The R/R exhaust is good for a number of circuits, allegedly 2-3db louder than the QP but far quieter than OEM. 

With the cans on the R/R is almost as quiet as the QP without, allegedly.

Bedford is probably the quietest circuit but I won’t be going there.

Jims thinking was if I’m not going to be doing the very quietest circuits I could get the benefits of the lighter and better sounding R/R exhaust, particularly if I’m not going to be changing it regularly.

The QP is a without risk option but all this has presented me with a choice. 

• 2 weeks later...

To those who have a 2bular exhaust, I'd be interested to hear how long you waited to get hold of one?  I ordered and paid for a QP track exhaust on 4th Jan this year, with an estimated delivery time of less than 2 weeks.  After many promised delivery dates from Jim, that failed to materialise, I have had my money refunded this morning without explanation.  He won't answer his phone to me.  That's nearly 5 months, and I have a trackday booked at Silverstone in less than 3 weeks.

Chris, my QP system arrived exactly as promised. We had agreed a date I needed it by (which gave him a month or so) and he sent it on time. Same with the additional silencers. As Matt mentioned above, it seems like Jim’s problem is in being consistent. 

What are you considering next? When I looked in January there was a wait time for the Lotus system but I’m not sure of the current position. They’re pricey though.

9 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Chris, my QP system arrived exactly as promised. We had agreed a date I needed it by (which gave him a month or so) and he sent it on time. Same with the additional silencers. As Matt mentioned above, it seems like Jim’s problem is in being consistent. 

What are you considering next? When I looked in January there was a wait time for the Lotus system but I’m not sure of the current position. They’re pricey though.

Gordon did you just buy the QP system which is just the replacement for the stock TI back box or the full system as I believe Matt did ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/06/2021 at 09:01, Gordon S said:

I bought the QP system only. Purely for noise reduction. 

I’m in the hunt for 1 if anyone knows of 1 for sale. Noise test at Croft had me 107db / 4800rpm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 05/08/2021 at 23:36, mk1_salami said:

New owner checking in and saying hello. Based in Fife, Scotland. 

rotated.png

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Nice looking car.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my car is sold provided I can line up the replacement deal before 1st Sep. It’s been a blast for three years, almost to the day. 

Someone is in for a treat 👍🏼.

Amazing price. Lots of interest when first mentioned sale a few months back. 
Only lost £8k In 3 years of ownership and 12k miles which is incredible really. The garage my new car is coming from are taking it as long as deal is done by the 1st. 

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Alex. :welcome: 

I missed saying hi when you joined up. Isn't it a bummer when you have to wait and you have no choice?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the form, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

6 hours ago, Alex_Y said:

🥳🥳

the wait is all over now

me and my friends cup430 Final edition is arrived

very exciting for it, can’t wait till this Saturday for the pick up

E9D44379-3F76-4B5C-94E5-596C7AE536A0.jpeg

30C3E8AA-1BD5-45B6-9871-4602176A3255.jpeg

CA748145-B4D2-4883-B922-FE2388142E6F.jpeg

141BAE35-A145-4217-ABA0-543F1BD42B42.jpeg

I recognize that dealership and saw the video of them on the truck.

Congrats, good to see a few more around seq.

2 hours ago, TTim said:

I recognize that dealership and saw the video of them on the truck.

Congrats, good to see a few more around seq.

Thank you 👍

My other mate picked up his vivid green cup250 final edition at same dealership 2 weeks ago and straight to GT auto garage for some carbon mirrors installed too

looks very 👍 

CDCEF84F-7054-4C1F-A005-9629575BC90E.jpeg

6C3F8E7E-0366-4DC9-A1CA-0474E77EEDB3.jpeg

• Like 1