Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stevens (& V8) door mirror motors and switches - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stevens (& V8) door mirror motors and switches

Info gratefully received from @Chillidoggy:

In my deliberations with my driver's door mirror, I found some info which may be of use. I found the twin motor assembly inside is used by a number of cars, GM, BMW Saab, Ford etc. I think this is because it is a patented design by IKJ, but probably now out of patent. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-93-9-5-95-900-Etc-Electric-Adjustable-Door-Mirror-Motor-AActuato-M4-/282755313867

The other thing I found was the control switch has a specific connector plug and comes not from a Vectra, but instead a Calibra from 1988 - 1997. The version fitted to the Esprit has a little yellow lamp incorporated, all the others I found didn't have that. I think there were two switch versions fitted to that car, too. The GM P/N is 90431309, the Opel P/N is 1240517.

https://www.opel-classicparts.de/schalter-123463.html

As I'm sure you're aware, specific connector is not really a problem. Assuming the wiring and function is identical, the non-lamp Vectra and other GM versions could be made to fit each other.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Alan. As it happens I recently purchased just such a switch, though without the amber lamp, from a vendor based in Istanbul. The thing was promptly shipped via DHL and arrived in short time. Some may slag EBay but my experiences with the U.S. based platform have been productive and agreeable. EBay facilitates sleuthing for parts in ways impossible to match otherwise.

Now if someone would just offer a suitable electric wing mirror set for our early Esprit . . . . ..

Cheers 

• Like 1

Just want to point out this is the switch for later cars ('93 on), the early Stevens (and possibly the last G cars?) used a different switch, much less streamlined but fitting for the 80s era I think.

image.png.572e9549a63163e7b69482dda8d281ed.png

Still available from SJ and others, fortunately.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.