Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 25 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

Hi Angus, I bought some off eBay. Made the second bracket today. Hopefully tomorrow will finalise the fitting.  

Are you still going down the road of brackets still, or fitting as Pete has done.  I will make you brackets if required. 

2FACD6A7-5E83-402D-82F9-1CEBBAB7D418.jpeg

Tony 

Hi Tony 

More than happy for you to make the brackets for me. 

Also the components for the attaching, rod lengths components etc. Happy to reimburse you for the cost etc or just the list of materials used.

As for the 3/4 " socket was intending to leave them both attached at the top and drill a hole around 10mm in the fibreglass or even just mark the positions and hopefully not need to use them!!(yeah right)  

Hi all again, the Elite is progressing well, but I have another question.  The door electric window cable , how does track from the door into the cabin ? Guess there should be a hole somewhere near the steel hinge plates , but not on mine.  Am I right or totally wrong ?

regards

Tony

Tony 

Def NOT how it left the factory. My Eclat had a similar 'modification'. i.e. the cutouts on the sides. The only reason I could think of was that when everything is in situ, its difficult to get the floppy flexible pipe end to fit over the four sides. There's not much room to manoeuvre.

Hi William 

Floppy flexible pipes !!!! Mine appears to fit straight into aperture directly behind centre console.  
Trouble is I’ve got parts from two cars that one had a heater and this one had air conditioning unit.  So not sure what goes with what.  
photo looking through console 

7DB17BD5-8385-46F4-9E27-87E9503A3192.jpeg

Tony 

Yes, on the Eclat its slightly different and I didnt have air con. I can see where yours goes (in the centre of the consule)but I can't remember whats behind them. Its been a long time since I dismantled mine. Cutaway drawing doesnt really help.

eclat heater.png

Thanks Williamtherebel, I’ve fitted the dash that matches your drawing, air vents beside the doors at face level, vents in centre console and a hose either side that just hangs down into foot well.  Plus I’ve just found trim that fits beside central console covering the gap to central tunnel, which also have rectangular holes but longer and narrower than plastic air vents.  

image.jpg

Tony 

On my second elite (a 1980 2.2) I do remember a matching pocket in that position on the drivers side, it contained the owners handbook, but there was no slit. My first elite was almost 40 years ago I did not take many pics of it and none of the interior....

My Eclat has the slits and I presumed it was as the factory fitted it. (Ive had it 30 odd years). I think its to direct the airflow from the heater down onto your feet! Typical Lotus bodge although it does work!

• Like 2