Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - 4th October 2020 -NOW CANCELLED - Page 4 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - 4th October 2020 -NOW CANCELLED

martynv

• 3 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, thebartman said:

Any chance I can register/get a ticket/just rock up?  I have no idea of the format or anything(re; TLF) , but sounds like a jolly good wheeze ......  

Hi, You'd be most welcome. I'll need to check with Bicester Heritage as the Tickets for Car Clubs seem to have vanished, we should still have some available though as we've not hit our minimum quota of 20 yet. Will try and check with them tomorrow.

Hi All,

I've spoken to Bicester Heritage and unfortunately this has gone somewhat pear shaped. Car Club Tickets were mean't to be available till the 14th September, but since they had to limit their numbers due to the current situation they are now all sold out. Only 8 tickets were sold under our booking code, so we will now not be allocated a display area since we failed to meet our target of 20 tickets. Normally I would have chassed people to buy tickets, however this seemed inappropriate in the current situation as I'm sure many people will be uncomfortable being around so many people even outdoors and I wouldn't want to make anyone feel obliged to buy tickets.

If you've already bought tickets you have a couple of options:

1. If you still wish to go please logon to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/  and download a fresh ticket dated the 4th October. If you arrive in a pre-1990 car you will be directed to the main display area (dependant on space) If you arrive in a post-1990 car you will be directed to the main car park. Please note the event now finishes at 2pm and due to the strict social distancing it's likely there will be queues while viewing the Workshops and visiting the toilets etc.

2. If you no longer want to go then you can claim a refund up to 7 days before the event by visiting https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/  and clicking on request a refund.

You may need to register with eventbrite if you didn't do this while buying your tickets.

As always thank you for your support this is always appreciated and hopefuly we can revisit this event in the future.

Thanks Again

Martyn.

• Thanks 2

What a shame we did not have the required amount to get a display area of our own but thanks Martyn for you efforts 

I think i am going to the event and i hope i bump into some of you at the show 👍

Regards Cyril (codriver).

Edited by Codriver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks do much for your organising efforts (& staying power!) Martin. A real shame that all the corona chaos meant we lost the area. I might still head over as its a good event and if you're looking to organise for spring 21 then certainly put my name on the list!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for you comments above and I will of course look in to running this event again when things are a bit more settled.

Unfortuantely I've just heard from Bicester Heritage that this event has now been cancelled following the recent statements from the Government.

@Bibs  clould you please flag up in the tiltle of the thread that this event has been cancelled.

I've been told your ticket fees will be refunded via the Eventbrite system and this would appear to be automatic, but you can obviously logon directly to Eventbrite to request a refund as previously detailed.

Again thanks for all you support and I hope for better things in the future so hang on in there and stay safe.

Thanks

Martyn.

• 11 months later...

Hi @martynv I see that the Autumn 2021 Sunday Scramble is on for 10th October. It was a great plan before and I'm wondering if you'd like to re-ignite a Forum show area?.. more than happy to help out with the admin if that helps?

https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/octoberscramble-2/

Not planning to do anything till things settle down again, it's just to unpredictable. Please feel free to organise something if you wish, but it's probably best to just join in with the Lotus Owners Club they seem to be there quite often.