Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any gone 350Sport to 410Sport - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Any gone 350Sport to 410Sport

redlancer

• 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 19/02/2020 at 14:03, Jaffa said:

Solution copied from elsewhere.... the sub £5 switchable exhaust manual solution!  

1. Aquarium valve 4/6 mm
  2. and if you don’t want to cut the OEM hose, short length of 4mm I.d / 8mm o.d silicon hose.

Aquarium valve is inline between the vacuum reservoir and the exhaust valve red connection hose

Aquarium valve shut equals exhaust open all the time, aquarium valve open gives “normal” open and shut exhaust behaviour.

Any modification is obviously done at your own risk.

6B120514-E7D7-4EFC-896C-48F69FD32815.jpeg

Should that hose be cracked like that?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 11/03/2020 at 17:01, redlancer said:

Picked up last week so far just the drive back from Central and quick ride out locally.  So still in the running in period.  As a passenger misses instantly goes this rides a lot nicer.  Even at low revs and not pressing it feels it has more grunt.  Like 6th becomes 5th.  Looking forward to getting the running in done.  Carbon seats are wider, clutch feels heavier in a nice way, got lots of thumbs up on the drive back.

Central (Connor) sorted the exhaust switch on for me, swapped over tracker, put ceramic stuff on which now makes the indoor cover harder to put on (slippy) :) So far very happy.  Love it.  Never one for carbon fiber stuff and would never add it, but it does make a difference to the car.  Feels the next level.

One question - TPMS any way to get the actual readings?  I have aftermarket ones but would be easier to use the ones already on?

Piccies of old and new attached

exige.jpg

The TPMS sensors are by LDL, they have their own TPMS called Tirewatch, https://www.tire-watch.fr/en/sport/tirewatch-sport-automobile-en/. I wonder would that display be able to receive the signals from the factory TPMS sensors and display it on the screen.  

Edited by nordschleife666

It would great if you could pickup both pressure and temperature as per the link.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 year later...
On 18/02/2020 at 10:25, Jcx said:

I went from 350 - 410 after just weeks in the 350.  Truth be told I bought the wrong car for my needs and wants when I bought the 350.  In my opinion the 410 is a different beast.  The power is up a bit and it is noticeable, the handling is night and day, and the sound is other wordly.  I could go on at length but if you buy Absolute Lotus Magazine from issue 10 onwards you can read about my Lotus journey in my regular column. 

Good luck with your decision.  I havent regretted my change for one moment which is rare for me.

Nice magazine plug 👌😂😂

• Like 1

Simplify, then add lightness

1 hour ago, Jcx said:

...it is a nice magazine to plug!

As a subscriber I can fully agree 👌😂😂

Great thread here about the exhaust valve. Some very useful information as it’s something I want to do. Thanks @Toqcarsfor forwarding the link 👍👍 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2020 at 19:24, Bandit said:

Just to add to the discussion about the exhaust switch, I fitted mine at the weekend. The wiring loom is already in place (I had checked beforehand) so I just bought a switch from Deroure (no wait, arrived quickly).

It works perfectly in all modes and displays when open or closed on the dash. Took me about 15 minutes to fit so in all very pleased :)

Back on topic, @redlancer are you buying new or used? What’s the spec in either instance? When is it arriving? Worth the upgrade for the noise alone, you’ll love it😃👍🏻

Hi @BanditI know this is an older thread now but….. is the OEM switch just plug and play? I’m certainly no mechanic but if it’s just a case of plugging the new switch in to the existing wiring which is ready to take it and drilling a hole for the switch I think I could manage that (hopefully)

Thanks in advance 😁

E2F0B7DF-602F-4BA0-8F6C-EB61F530BF84.png

861A491E-D24F-4243-B6AA-31B413596407.png

1 hour ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

Hi @BanditI know this is an older thread now but….. is the OEM switch just plug and play? I’m certainly no mechanic but if it’s just a case of plugging the new switch in to the existing wiring which is ready to take it and drilling a hole for the switch I think I could manage that (hopefully)

Thanks in advance 😁

E2F0B7DF-602F-4BA0-8F6C-EB61F530BF84.png

861A491E-D24F-4243-B6AA-31B413596407.png

I believe it depends how old your car is if it’ll work or not. My old one was a late 18 car and literally plugged it in and it worked.

As others have said, it goes on the left hand side (in a mirror position to the button on the right that does trip reset, brightness etc) of the steering column, there should be a blanking bung there - once you remove the plastic cover around the steering column there should be a pair of wires with a green plug marked EX SW or similar. Connect the switch to this plug and it ‘should’ work.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the advise guys which is much appreciated.

I got the tool box out and had a nosey this afternoon so I have a better understanding of what you’re talking about. 

I removed the red hose that controls the exhaust valve and instantly the valve stop closing under 4K revs so that did work for me and I think that if I now bunged the red hose and the part it was originally connected to I’d be good to go with the full synthony orchestra of the exhaust system but if the car being a 2018 is designed to have the switch to control the valve and it’s as simple as plug and plug that seems like the best option as not only does it look like that is how Lotus originally intended the car to be before the EU noise regs came into effect but it’ll also keep the neighbours happy and my maintain my own personal sanity on longer journey up the motorway.

The plug and switch cable even says exhaust flap on it…. 👌

Thanks for the advise on the position of the switch as I did remove the panel that I first though it was designed to go into and it was obvious that was not the case as there’s some sort of circuit board behind it making it impossible to position the switch there.  

I’ll post some pics of my findings….

Exhaust valve hose removed 

E716672A-6385-4B06-9E62-5C6E2A31212D.jpeg

2F6CE134-AAC9-4CC2-9005-5DFA8D4D6B21.jpeg

Plug and play switch ready to rock and roll.

Even labelled by Lotus ‘Exhaust Flap’ 👌👌👌

FA15A4FF-8506-4B86-B23E-9EDECED15CD2.jpeg

96614345-B686-44F9-9053-8E5B06C6B84F.jpeg

Not the place for the switch as you guys already no but I’ve taken the pics so may as well post them in case anyone was curious what it looks like behind there…

8DAFAB0C-D890-4A02-BC3F-50E062020707.jpeg

670DDD30-2E7E-429B-9F47-E4B856245C05.jpeg

3AC7089F-2A27-44CC-A16E-1AE0BAF5F112.jpeg

I didn’t notice the side of the steering columb that is designed to take the switch but I didn’t look very had tbf but now I know where it’s supposed to go I’ll look again. Unfortunately you can’t see it in this pic

23E7FB53-01FD-4C37-8233-889E178C9C2C.jpeg

• Like 1

Switch ordered from SJ, not in stock unfortunately so it’ll be a 1 week lead time but I’ll be glad to try it when it arrives 👍👍👍

16 minutes ago, Jcx said:

so @Mitch Foden-Clarkehow are you liking the 430 cup?

Absolutely loving the car mate, I love everything about it!
It would be hard to say a bad word about it, it is the perfect car 😍

Looking forward to getting on track next year when the weather perks up a bit. Quite fancy a trip to the ring with a stop at Spa on the way 🤔😁

• Like 1

It is possible to know if the switch is going to work before ordering it. 
The connector you found has the two contacts exposed inside it. Start the car, and then just briefly short them together using something metal like a screwdriver or paper clip. 
If the exhaust flap opens (and you get a message on the dash) then you know the switch will work without any other changes required. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Mitch Foden-Clarke thanks for the pictures and clarification. Love it that you can easily integrate the switch 👍

So after you unplugged the red hose, flap was always opened? This means that the car is actively closing (I guess vacuum) the flap under 4000 RPM? Waiting for an Exige, so cannot test... but what is the initial status of the flap during the ignition procedure? I guess it's opened for a second, or not?

• Like 1