Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 11 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

Interesting point.

But then if we did TLF would fall foul of the various trade agreements with the rest of Europe and so the shop would not be able to supply car covers because the EU countries would gang up and smack punitive import taxes on our goods.

We could retaliate by banning all EU citizens from joining the site 

After a protracted legal battle with Europe, Bibs would be bankrupt and the TLF would be in danger of closing, and we would let our EU brethren back into the kirk. Then Boibs would get a huge subsidy as he would have successfully argued that TLF is actually a means of diversifying his farming business (a business that exists on his smartphone - see here http://androidcommunity.com/farming-simulator-16-everyone-will-have-to-farm-at-some-point-20150808/ ", which would be awarded as it is part of the UK's "benefit" to being in the EU and by the skin of his teeth Bibs will keep his house. Unfortunately, he will have lost one of his Elise's though in the process!

Then, we'd have to agree to allow people with non Lotus cars to join the forum and contribute, as part of the EU subsidy rule, and under the auspices of the EU Human Rights Act.

Then, shitester lawyers on a no win no fee basis, but drinking vast quantities of legal aid sustainably farmed cider would take us to the Court of European Human Rights for treating non Lotus owning members as 2nd class members (which of course they are). We would then be smacked with a huge fine for not honouring the rights of members with inferior cars like Porsche. Bibs would again just about keep his house but lose his last Elise and we'd have to call the Forum "TheLotusandsomeshitecarsfromEuropeForum.com".

At this point, according to David Cameron, the damage would be done and we would, as a result of our attempts to self govern our little community, end up going to war with Europe over this. Bibs finally get's his revenge on the EU for losing his two Elises by managing to break into Greenham Common and hitting the big red button that says "in event of all out war - press here - note, a maximum penalty of £1,000 for improper use". 

Then I woke up, and the half empty bottle of buckfast banged against the floor and rolled across the sustainably felled engineered oak flooring of my lounge and into the skirting......

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell them MSG is a shade of paint, as they think it's a food additive!

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

23 hours ago, Bibs said:

It's certainly not the country we grew up in anymore, is it! 

Where did you grew up and where were your ancesters comming from......?

Watch this:....

/kim.com

• Like 2

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

• Gold FFM

EU - stay or leave?? This was very cleverly written - not by me - but sums it up perfectly

A son goes to his Dad having saved up some money from his weekend job.
Son “ Dad I’ve saved up £350 pounds to buy the new laptop I need for my college course”
Dad “Well done son, give the money to me and I’ll help you”
Son “Ok now what?”
Dad “I will allow you £185 pounds back less my handling fee of £5 so £180 which you may only spend on a new phone”
Son “But I need a laptop!”
Dad “No, we’ve decided you can only buy a phone and you may only buy a phone from Germany and it must be pink. You must also source the phone within 2 days otherwise I will not release the money”
Son “But it’s my money!”
Dad “I’m afraid you are a member of this family and you must contribute to everyone else’s needs. I will decide how the money is spent”
Son “So what happens to the £165?”
Dad “Well your sister needs a new dress”
Son “She has already had many new dresses”
Dad “We’ve put it to the vote and I’m afraid you’re outvoted”
Son “But I need a laptop to continue my course!”
Dad “My decision is final”
Son “But that’s not fair, will I ever have a say in how my money is spent”
Dad “No, and by the way we’ve got a couple more people moving into your room and you’ll have to pay for their keep”
Son “Well I’m leaving then”
Dad “Don’t be like that lad, we need your money. And if you leave you won’t be able to buy a pink phone from Germany you’ll have to buy one here instead”
Son “I NEED A LAPTOP!”
Simples!

• Like 2

Only here once

Good chap ;)

The small print.

Nice one.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

That seems a lot for import tax. Are you sure it was not just VAT plus the charge which Royal Mail make for processing the VAT?

But heres the thing: I get emails all the time from customers who are trying to order on our website from other EU countries who are miffed that when they enter their address, the price suddenly goes up 20% owing to VAT. I dont blame them. A lot of them wont order and then order from our US competitors instead, who dont have to add VAT at order time.

They likely have to pay VAT anyway when the stuff arrives but we have lost the sale and are at a disadvantage to our US competitors. Thats EU "free trade" apparently!

Am getting fed up with small value items into UK and getting charged £8 handling plus VAT on items that manage to creep just over £30 after conversion from USD or wherever. I am used to having a $1000 threshold before paying GST(10% in Australia) which is brilliant. Makes buying from ebay tricky if no local suppliers.

Why does UK charge VAT to EU customers? Isn't it a UK only tax?

I think it's taxed in the country of origin and then can be re-claimed in favor of local tax once exported outside EU. The equivalent sometimes means items sent from elsewhere in the EU only get taxed at the local rate even though sent to a UK customer, so swings and round-abouts as they say,.

44 minutes ago, Clive59 said:

Why does UK charge VAT to EU customers? Isn't it a UK only tax?

EU rules.

UK suppliers have to charge VAT to other EU customers unless they have a VAT number in which case no VAT is due. If they do have a VAT number, a list of all such transactions has to be sent to the EU via HMRC (EC sales list) and we have to keep separate accounts (Intrastat) for all intra-EU trade. Thats EU style free trade for you.

When we send to the USA we dont have to do anything, just include an invoice and the US never charges any import tax of any kind. That IS real free trade.

In the case of downloadable products such as software the EU VAT rules are different and so complex that small businesses simply cant comply and therefore are ruled out of this market. 

The complex way VAT operates in the EU is said to cost the UK over £1 billion a year in losses owing to fraud.

And I wonder how much the compliance cost of suppliers in UK is too!

What a nonsense it is. Thanks for clarifying.

So if Brexit happens, will it go the same way for EU countries as it is for the US? That alone could save a lot of headache and simplify things.

• Gold FFM

Why is that horrible Scottish witch on tv tonight spouting rubbish about remain.

can she not see her utter rank hypocrisy about remain in Europe whilst wanting independence from the uk.

sod off back to Scotland - take your broomstick with you and shove it 

• Like 2

Only here once

Agreed. She is the archetypal Scottish hypocrite just like that weasel Salmond who preceded her..............

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Boris annoyed me in the tiny bit of the debate that I heard, he didn't outright say that if we leave the EU that we then are not beholden to the ECHR verdicts, but he did infer it. In debates I do feel that blatant mis-directions should be called out by an independent party.

I have made my mind up independently from these morons.

Its impossible to listen to these professional counter claim merchants and get to any level of truth.

I thought they were all pretty poor to be fair and it could only dissuade people who watched what can only be called a sham

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Just watched Question Time - what a bunch of :censored:. Even the audience was shouting at the panel to shut up. There was so much misinformation and misdirection from both sides it was unbelievable. Apparently if we leave the EU the whole of Europe will instantly be trying to kill each other!

UK politics is definitely hitting a new low, it is very sad.

• Like 1

I simply didnt get what Eddie Izzard was trying to ask Farage and apparently not getting an answer to. He seemed to have some issue with Farage having a German-born wife but its not clear what relevance that has to anything that Farage is proposing about controlling immigration.

Izzard seemed to be high actually. 

• Gold FFM

Just makes you want to vote them all out.

an utter shambles of lies lies and lies. 

The eu market is no big deal at all. Let them exclude us and put tariffs on our sales if we leave. Renault, citreon, puegeot, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW, Porsche etc - we can levy them massively and stick it right up them. Free trade will continue without free movement. The reality is the eu will not wish to exclude themselves from one of the biggest consumerist markets. The whole arguement is laughable.

i like Eddie Izard - but last night - he showed himself to be an utter twat. I would have gladly spooned his brain out and fed him to the pigs. I do understand the remain arguement - it's a bit like voting for the status quo or staying in a crap relationship cos you fear change.  

When i speak to all the folks I know, all the clients I work for, im simply at a loss as to where these remain people live, eat or drink. I know 2 people who might vote remain - and hundreds who want out. I hope it's an absolute landslide - and viva la revolution. 

Only here once