IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Even in a 'United Kingdom' (:rofl:), can someone remind me why Scotland and Wales have devolved Government and yet England doesn't?

THAT is not Democratic in my humble opinion.....

Because they needed the extra non jobs more than England?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

57 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Fingers crossed then.

And toes please.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

24 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Shes all about "I think" I believe" "I want"....me me me like a child! Id like to tell her its not all about you!

Ah but this is where you are wrong, for the latest generation it does seem to be all about me me me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I could go back to 1977/78. At least my childhood dreams were based around (then) one of the most captivating, beautiful and above all talented women ever to have graced this planet.

I pity the poor bastards who have to grow up thinking 'she' is a role model..............:laser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

I think Farage on LBC was probably right yesterday (I know, however unlikely that may seem)

Boris does want a deal. And the deal looks a bit like May’s with some minor tweeks.

It will become the best option for Remainers. Keep extending the transition period while trying to get back to full membership. 

It’s also the best option for most  Brexiteers (other than the minority ERG) as it completes the mandate. 

Its probably the least disruptive way forward too.

Conversely it also needs the EU to believe that No Deal is real to get any changes, or for parliament to believe that No deal is real to vote through May’s deal (even unchanged) as a least bad option. Seems Boris has gone for the latter. 

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

For the love of God @Buddsy, if only we didn't have to rely on George F'king Galloway for support.

He happens to be talking sense (for once) but I'll never get the image of him in a cat suit out of my head.

He has to die just for that alone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

What we now need is an election to rip the whole lot to shreds.

if they start whining and moaning - then Boris should make a lot of them unemployed and seeking work. That would probably decimate the northern labour strongholds and the conservative remainers would fall to the Brexit party. A fantastic Tory/Brexit party coalition to kick these remoaners into the long grass forever

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Stubox said:

Or labour win with a minority government and we’re all fcked

Exactly

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Doubt it - I think Boris maybe forced into doing so though to run the clock out for good.

labour heartlands mostly voted to leave - JC is going to be slammed very hard indeed in these areas

Only here once

1 hour ago, Stubox said:

Or labour win with a minority government and we’re all fcked

Completely agree. If there’s a general election before the UK has left the EU the Conservative party will get annihilated. Boris knows this. Leave by 31st October really is do or die for them.

The majority of polls are a waste of time, they never tell you the source of information, methodology used, sample size, demographics polled etc. All you end up with is data skewed in to the direction the pollster wants to report.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looks like an elections coming. Boris is going to cleanse the party of remainers and push for a majority if these delaying tactics look to bear fruit

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Looks like an elections coming. Boris is going to cleanse the party of remainers and push for a majority if these delaying tactics look to bear fruit

Looking unlikely we will get an election before the 31st

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 30/08/2019 at 16:48, oilmagnet477 said:

Everyone complaining about the 'unconstitutional' behaviour of our new PM MUST be a COMPLETE FU**WIT!

How long ago were the EU stating as FACT that the negotiation was FINISHED and the Negotiators had been sent home.

Now we hear that Boris's people are having round the clock meetings to try and thrash out a deal. WHY? Because the EU believe we will leave without a deal.

If the 'remoaning' and or clueless wankers that sit in Governement cannot see this they are not fit to be in charge. As for John Major - bit fucking late mate - you had your chance and royally fucked it up!

I'm so angry I could throw the phone down!!!!!

I can assure you that there are no 'round the clock' meetings going on no matter what Boris suggests. There is only one significant thing blocking the transition deal (and remember this is not the trade deal etc, that comes later) and that is the Irish border backstop. Ironically no deal will mean border checks which seems to go unmentioned by Boris. The EU do believe we will leave without a transition deal, but there is very little the EU can do about it. It is for the UK to come up with an alternative to the backstop and that is very unlikely to happen and certainly nothing has been proposed as yet. Incidentally even if a deal was agreed by Parliament there would still need to be an extension in all likelihood to get the legislation through for it.

What you also need to consider is that leaving without a deal would mean the UK is the only country in the world attempting to trade using exclusively WTO rules. Trade deals would take many years to complete with the EU, China and USA during which time we would be at the mercy of everybody else when it comes to trade and tariffs. Quite a brave move and a one way trip the consequences of which don't bear thinking about. Believe me if WTO trading was so good why does everybody negotiate trade deals ! So actually rather than berating those trying to block a no deal Brexit you should be supporting those attempting to get the deal done (assuming you are pro leave which from the tone of your post I suspect you are!) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pete said:

Looking unlikely we will get an election before the 31st

That depends on what happens over the next few days and how the election, if it is triggered, comes. If the government trigger it they get to choose the date (I don't think even Boris would be stupid enough to schedule it after 31/10). If it comes via a vote of no confidence and an interim government then the new government gets to choose the date, however that is likely to be after an extension. Boris is desperate to avoid legislation forcing him to ask for an extension if no deal is done by the 19/10 ( the no deal bill cut off date) and will trigger an election before that so that he doesn't have to do it. He might just get away with an extension to get the legislation through parliament if a deal has been done.

Boris made a rod for his own back with his 31/10 and no extension, as without any real solutions to the backstop and no majority (and a clear cross party majority against no deal before, which still seems to be the case) he is looking likely to be the shortest term PM ever. It all depends on what happens in the next couple of days but it will be a fast moving situation

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Irish border backstop - this is simply a perverse pressure point being applied by the EU.

please do remind me the border checks on the Swiss /EU boundaries.

Boris needs to be firm on the border - we won’t be putting any in place - the Eu will be the ones doing so if ever the border checks resume

• Like 2

Only here once