Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 24 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

image.png

looks like our market is just dandy to me.... Down but only a bit - check out dax and cac !

My heads thumping - wish I hadn't drunk so much throughout the night

• Like 2

Only here once

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

image.png

looks like our market is just dandy to me.... Down but only a bit - check out dax and cac !

My heads thumping - wish I hadn't drunk so much throughout the night

Stockholm is closed today due to public holiday, so the 3.11% is from yesterday. 

FWIW, I could mention that the biggest financial paper just wrote a leading editorial urging Sweden to "Give the UK a dream deal" rather than bully them out. 

http://www.di.se/artiklar/2016/6/24/ledare-sverige-bor-verka-for-formanligt-avtal/

• Like 1

Like we said all along, we are more important to them than they are to us!

If they hadn't been so massively conceited and used bullying tactics and instead gave us what we asked for within the EU then I think the vote would have gone differently. instead they gave Cameron a nothing deal, worth nothing and not ratified by any member state's all of whom had a veto over the deal. 

The British people have always been a proud nation. Maybe it's just time the country who gave us Democracy with the Magna Carta started looking worldwide instead of EU centric!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

27 minutes ago, franjipane said:

And C8RKH so you would rather i didn't discuss concerns about the economy because you think it might contribute to a recession?  hmmm.

Seeing as though you asked so nicely, Yes, I would rather you did not contribute to talking us into a recession. I'm old enough to see how we have been talked into several recessions before, and the risk of it happening again is real. Recession is not good for any of us.

Fact is, the people have spoken and the decision has been made. Rather than "worrying" about what might possibly be bad. Focus on what you can do and contribute to the make the reality good and better? Positive waves man are far better than negative and no point in crying about the milk once it is spilt. Move on.  Constantly pointing out what MIGHT be bad is not going to help anything.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Obama still loves us !!

we are a fantastic proud nation - I'm hoping this results in real democratic change in Europe. 

I'm confident we will need to vote on this all over again very soon !!!

Only here once

26 minutes ago, kokostrollet said:

FWIW, I could mention that the biggest financial paper just wrote a leading editorial urging Sweden to "Give the UK a dream deal" rather than bully them out. 

http://www.di.se/artiklar/2016/6/24/ledare-sverige-bor-verka-for-formanligt-avtal/

That's promising though !

Damn spoke too soon. Major problems at the channel tunnel right now:

IMG-20160624-WA0000.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, march said:

Strangely enough DAX CAK and TR Europe don't seem to be recovering much.

That's a real shame - I mean that - they are strong trading partners of ours as well.

maybe zee geeermans wont be wanting to beat us with a stick so hard for being the badly behaved child now

Only here once

Sorry, not getting the triumphant euphoria on here myself. Sure, Sterling and stock markets losses were always expected with this outcome, but to say well it's barely 10%... That would be considered cataclysmic on a normal day. That's all our pensions, ISAs etc. down yet again and who knows how long it will take for them to recover.

Conceited Little Englanders, who don't like Johnny Foreigner have won the day I'm afraid. All that embarrassing b*llsh!t about Independence! The ramifications will be considerable. Do you think Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland are just going to accept this? Do you think international corporations are going to invest in manufacturing in the UK with no direct access to the EU market? No chance. Our (job) losses will just be someone else's gain. The net EU weekly contribution will be a drop in the ocean compared to what we will really lose.

This much vaunted 5th largest economy in the world is going to slide down into a relegation scrap for survival. We are as high as 5th because of the EU, not despite it. Things are about to get a whole lot worse for each and everyone of us. We've just given total power to the lunatic Right Wing of the Conservative Party. If we then vote them out, whatever's left of the UK will be handed to the looney Left of the Labour Party. Welcome back to the 1970s and the Poor Man of Europe. Still feeling good about the result? You shouldn't.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Only down just over 2 % now

this is about politicians not representing the people on the streets. It's democracy - sometimes it nice - other times not I'm afraid

we won't be leaving the Eu - this is a start of something entirely different.

as for your pension concerns - don't fret - the fund manager will still have access to lobster and bollinger no matter how it performs. That's the stock market game for you ups and downs !!

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Calm down chaps calm down!!! 

I do completely agree democracy is finally getting a say. The capitalist stench has simply had too much power for too long.

maybe we should talk about the best colours for our lotus cars (aluminium!), 4 pot or v8, spoiler size ?? - ahh no best not - we will be bloody arguing again.

viva la revolution........

Only here once

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You say  "Conceited Little Englanders, who don't like Johnny Foreigner have won the day I'm afraid" - well I'm sorry but what a bloody conceited comment to make, calling 52% of the UK population (including Scots and Irish and Welsh) over the age  of 18 and who were entitled to, and did, vote "little and conceited (racists)". Really?

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I. I purposely stayed away from this thread and never looked at it once since it started until today, because I didn't want to get involved in a pre-vote altercation. I won't contribute further, but just a clarification of the above point: 3 regions voted Remain: Scotland: 62%, London 60% and N. Ireland: 56%. The majority of the rest of England (and Wales) voted Leave. Many, like yourself would have correctly voted on principal about the EU, but I genuinely fear that many of the rest just voted on the Immigration card. I heard so many interviews with people saying they were voting Leave for just that reason. I don't think that is something to be proud of. Anyway, in other news... Liz Hurley will be pleased because she wants to see the reintroduction of 100W incandescent light bulbs!

• Like 1

It's a shame that there has to be this black/white in/out applied to the voters.

People voted for various reasons, some valid in other's view other's not. I do believe there is an element of unenlightened voting particularly around the immigration concerns. I also think that people who voted one way or another may well have been very much on the fence at the time of voting (hence my subsequently flamed comment by the leave group regarding the bunting last night), yet their vote (which could have easily gone the other way) has somewhat branded them. 

My best friend voted the opposite to me, we had a long discussion about it this afternoon and the backlash he is getting from his other friends, I knew what he was going to vote as he's been very vocal about it - I asked if he knew what I had voted and there was a pause... Admittedly he is the only person I know or have interacted with today who voted the opposite to me. He did it for his own reasons which were perfectly valid, even if I disagreed. I have always thought voting is a very personal thing and people can be very quick to criticise especially if they are on the opposite side.

Things that were important to me and the basis of my voting may not have been important to other people who voted the same way as me, and same for different people voting for different reasons for the other option.

To cut a long ramble down, people all vote for different reasons some of which are probably unenlightened on both sides, highlighted by:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

That said, it does seem to me that the leavers generally have been far more public with their opinions over the last few weeks than the remain camp.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com