Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 47 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

I read that the Italian banks are not exactly in good health, shares have pretty much collapsed, and a €40 billion bailout is being considered. The Brexit vote is being partially blamed for the problem, but who knows?

Margate Exotics.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBCs false impartiality mask really slipped today.

On 5 PM news, reporter on Richmond Green reporting on the by-election result:

"Richmond is an area of highly educated people so its not like many other areas of the country. So it voted by more than 70% to remain".

Not once the they mention that Richmond almost always used to return a Lib-Dem MP until the last election. Since there was no Tory standing, the result was expected.

• Like 2

Hahaha. I'm getting sick of the Journo's and news channels in the UK.

Richmond is full of tree hugging, hipster Liberals, many of them from North America and Europe. They mostly vote Lib Dem.

So to say this result is a shock, or a clear signal of anything other than a return to normal is a bit like saying an ugly, fat, balding, beer swigging, fag smoking bloke winning the British Darts championship is a shock.

Jeez.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

At last some honest journalism on the Brexit front....  WHY is this not national news on the BBC ... if the boot was on the other foot it would have been center stage with follow ups , calls for resignations , public inquiries , Shall I go on...   So I ask, WHY  has this not been on the National news for all to see..    You can not get more truthful reporting than this, which makes a refreshing change..   

• Like 2

well.......its looking dodgey 'en continent'......the Italian have just vote No

the French are looking to do something similar....

and there are votes coming in Belgium and Germany.........

might not need to worry about Brexit after all if it goes pop on its own........

good job we didn't join the single currency

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

The EU have been "on the news" saying it's a none vote, all an internal constitutional issue in Italy and nothing to do with the EU. At the same time, Carrefour noted a surge in sales over the weekend in Brussels, Paris and Berlin. Apparently a lot of politicians were buying buckets and sand.

The worry for France is that whether or not this had anything to do with the EU, it is yet another example of what they call "popular politics" winning and that really plays into the hands of Le Pen.  The French political elite have very successfully banded together to keep Le pen caged, but how long before the people of the Republic crash down the doors of the cage and let Le Pen out.

I'm waiting to see what happens in the Netherlands, it's been a while but maybe the Dutch will find some courage.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The EU is like a slow crashing train.  I wished it would get on with it and die.  Then Europe can go back to comprising of independant Countries who can regulate their own currencies and individually grow their economies.  Then their inhabitants will be wealthy enough to go out and buy Lotus's.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It's funny with all the remoaners. Don't they realise that Europe does not, and never has done, wanted us to be a part of their club with the exception of the Germans.

Europe does not want us, all it wants is access to us as consumers and for us to pay up into its coffers every year a vast sum of money.

That's it. to the EU we are the cash cow that keeps on giving.

Not one remoaner has even stopped to think about the basic fact that we IMPORT FAR MORE than we export to the central market. So in whose biggest interest is it that we ratain access to the single market?

Why on earth should we pay to go to a market where we pay far more for goods than what we get for selling goods?

Christ, are people so stupid that common sense has been killed off by emotive fillybuster and bullshit?

Sometimes I wonder why I just don't get a magnum of vodka, some ice and a kilo of limes and just drink myself to oblivion. Even in that state I think I'd have more common sense and understanding than these liberal idiots.... I really need to stop being so tolerant.

The problem is, as a leaver, this is not one of the better arguments as I have mentioned before on here, and one the remainers can quite easily shoot down, so I tend to steer clear of this one!

Its really only the Germans who would be concerned about this, especially the car makers. The single market does mean quite a lot to the UK but the UK being in the single market is of little concern to each of the other members of it.

Negotiations are done between the UK and other member countries so the overall trade imbalance is not really relevant.

We should just abandon the single market as we are unlikely to get a deal but if we are able to, then so much the better.

Has anyone done the math to work out how much it would cost us in extra tariffs to sell what we currently sell, and buy what we currently buy, through the common market on WTO tariffs?

Would be interested to see the additional  "cost" of using WTO versus the cost we would be levied to stay in the common market.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Ummm - who cares about the maths.....

id let Audi, BMW, Mercedes, vw, Porsche, Bugatti and all the other German manufacturers worry about that. Oh - and they will - big time

Only here once

Ooooh, yes. There we go. Hum, yes, just what we needed....

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38268659

The small print.

Strange when so much fuss is rightly made about MPs expenses and cost of running government here but nobody seems to give a toss about how much the MEPs are costing us. 

The exorbitant cost of running the EU was certainly a large part of the reason why I voted to leave, and I imagine it hadn't been lost on others, too. Not that our MP's are any better, but we do get a chance to boot them into touch every so often, and they are allegedly subject to some half-arsed scrutiny. Mind you, the Parliamentary expenses overseers seem to operate with one eye shut.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.