Brexit - Page 66 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

44 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Like Scotland :P

Like Scotland :P

ps Joke before I get lynched  

I agree with you Colin. I wish Sturgeon would just get the fook on with it. Have another referendum and then implement the will of the people. After all, I'm getting on and need to know if I am going to retire in Scotland or not - independence = hell no, I'm oot of here, remain = hell yes, I'm staying....

She bangs on about May and the Tories incessantly. She talks about the injustice of the UK government being a minority government propped up by the DUP, and then goes off crying and begging to the bloody Greens of all people to support her minority government to get a bloody budget through!

Then she has the balls to charge me more in tax than my English, Welsh and irish peers for the privilege of watching her squander budget and resources, whilst she barks on about UK austerity and quietly hides from the fact that she presided over 10 years of austerity through refusing to allow the local authorities to increase their council taxes and so local service have, as a result, been decimated, whilst she has retained an ever bigger share of the Government budget at the centre under her and her cronies control. She is an evil witch. The wicked witch of the West in fact.

Argh, I'm a long suffering, working, tax paying, citizen... Get me outta here.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb is as dumb does I guess.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 5 months later...
On 23/01/2018 at 07:21, Barrykearley said:

I’m really hoping we will end in a no deal situation - that seems the only way to deliver Brexit to the leaflet the government issued us all before we voted.

Looking more and more likely,what a bl9dy mess

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The problem is, although we have an overall trade deficit with the EU, the situation is not the same for each individual country. Its really only Germany which has an interest in trade balance although admittedly they have a lot of sway in the EU.

I do think we will have a no-deal, and what we should do is declare unilateral free trade., such that we impose no import tariffs on anything from the EU, at least in the interim. Then see how they react. If they do not reciprocate then start adding tariffs.

I believe this is against WTO rules in fact as WTO does states tariffs must be applied equally for all countries but we should ignore the WTO and if necessary leave that as well.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Except - we should levy massively German diesel cars linked to emissions fiddling - better still ban the fking things

• Like 2

Only here once

Can't blame Mrs may entirely as anybody is going to struggle to get anything through parliament. Although the country split was roughly 52-48 in favour of Brexit the parliamentary split was probably 60-40 the other way and they are likely to oppose anything but a very soft Brexit. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

4 hours ago, pete said:

Can't blame Mrs may entirely as anybody is going to struggle to get anything through parliament. Although the country split was roughly 52-48 in favour of Brexit the parliamentary split was probably 60-40 the other way and they are likely to oppose anything but a very soft Brexit. 

Indeed. Parliament - as a group - have chosen to disregard the outcome of the referendum. It's a betrayal of democracy, it's a disgrace.

• Like 1

The whole thing is a national embarrassment.  A proper Brexit deal will not be allowed to get through as the Lords have the ear of big business who are Remain and want to keep the free trade agreement.

I say no deal and no tariffs.  It will be painful for a few years but in the long run we’ll be better off.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Painful for about 10minutes I reckon - until the German car makers sabre rattle and it’ll be back to business as usual. 

Theyll need to sober up that old lush first

• Like 1

Only here once

We will end up with the worst deal due to the Remainers remaining steadfast in embracing change. Oh the irony. We'll be crippled by the very people who predicted We'd be crippled.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Too hard to unscramble the egg. 

There is no satisfactory outcome. Hard Brexit is shit (for all the reasons we know eg NI/I), Soft Brexit is shit (for all the reasons we know including getting the worst of both worlds) 

Just give up, it was stupid idea to uncouple in the first place. We had a go. It can't be done. If you can't even get to a negotiating position, then the negotiations will only go one way. 

Then we can get back to creating prosperity. Think of all the wasted man hours so far. 

• Love 1

I personally quite like the Chequers solution and believe this should have been put to the EU virtually unchanged. It was quite a good compromise and there would even have been an outside chance they might have agreed. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hard Brexit - and let’s crack on.

itll cause bloody chaos to the EU and it’s budgets and political pishe. It might even give the Greeks the courage to stick two fingers up to it all.

its a fully broken Kalegeri plan which needs smashing apart

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
55 minutes ago, Andyww said:

I personally quite like the Chequers solution and believe this should have been put to the EU virtually unchanged. It was quite a good compromise and there would even have been an outside chance they might have agreed. 

I agree, but then none of them were sensible enough to see that compromise was required. 

It's a bit like children. 'You can't decide who has which biscuit, fine, neither of you have one"

29 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Hard Brexit - and let’s crack on.

itll cause bloody chaos to the EU and it’s budgets and political pishe. It might even give the Greeks the courage to stick two fingers up to it all.

its a fully broken Kalegeri plan which needs smashing apart

Only the EU seems to be showing that under pressure it can do some pretty good deals. Japan today for example. 

Under hard Brexit, UK loses all its Japanese building capability and jobs. 

Edited by JG220

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, JG220 said:

Only the EU seems to be showing that under pressure it can do some pretty good deals. Japan today for example. 

Under hard Brexit, UK loses all its Japanese building capability and jobs. 

Except - that is about showing up trump.

please also consider just how quickly we could sign deals like this 

Only here once

35 minutes ago, JG220 said:

According to the FT - usually a fairly good impartial and not sensationalist read, it's actually the Japanese that made all the running and made this happen. Not the EU.  Maybe a desperate EU, under pressure internally and externally, grabbed an olive branch thinking it was full of apples!

https://www.ft.com/content/3c44a364-85fd-11e8-a29d-73e3d454535d

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Yes, i had read the same. You're right, Japan led, none the less, the EU still agreed to it. 

I'd still rather be in than out. However imperfect it is. 

Especially as the worlds goes slightly more loony day by day. 

15 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Except - that is about showing up trump.

please also consider just how quickly we could sign deals like this 

Likely, never. 

Because the remain factions are too strong, are unwilling to compromise, and the resultant mess would prevent us from being able to do so. 

• Gold FFM

At what point do we think it’s ok to reject democracy that’s the biggest issue.

do we the last election result? Doesn’t seem to be any of that going on.

the media are a disgrace and these idiots publicaly going out and stirring are just as bad. A politician whom can not accept a clear mandate is not fit for public office.

if this doesn’t go through and we end up to be continued to be ruled by the EU - I for one shall be rioting 

• Like 1

Only here once