Brexit - Page 74 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we left yet? The ship is sinking and we need to get out and off before the rats do! Otherwise they'll beat us to that bountiful and beautiful idyllic island of Great Brexit that I can see on the horizon and destroy it.  :)

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sky News this morning

Germany has told Teresa May to take responsibility for Brexit talk stalling since the EU has moved heaven & earth to try and accommodate the UK’s position” :lol::lol::lol:

If ever there was a reason for the “Remainers” to get behind Brexit, (and I was one of them), the time is definitely now. Politicians arguing amongst themselves that they know the best position is just giving the EU Mafia more ammunition. The comments this morning clearly show how the strong EU countries are nothing more than a mafia whilst the weak ones just want to tow the line in fear of not receiving their substantial handouts.

Now is a good time to say “we’re off & you can forget your extortionate divorce payment”

• Like 1

Seems clear now that the politicians have woven such a complicated web that they thought it would be too difficult for a country to leave and so an agreement was always going to be impossible to agree 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
On 16/10/2018 at 18:04, pete said:

Seems clear now that the politicians have woven such a complicated web that they thought it would be too difficult for a country to leave and so an agreement was always going to be impossible to agree 

Comrade Corbyn will get us all an amazing deal. Once he’s done that he’s handing out free unicorns and money trees to all.

• Haha 1

Only here once

On 16/10/2018 at 18:04, pete said:

That was always the intention Pete, once in, the view was no one would ever want to leave but just in case we'll make it nigh on impossible.

It beggars belief that we are falling for this shite!

Planes won't be able to fly?  

Why not?  Just use the same rules and agreements we have now, no need to change them, no issues, no problems and then work out the future needs as we go. Seems straight forward to me.

Customs and standards for goods will mean we can't trade!

Why not?  Just use the standards we currently have for goods and agree that we will follow future EU standsrds for goods. What is wrong with that and why is that so hard to agree?  Anything we want to trade with the EU MUST follow their standards - OK cool, just publish them and we will comply for anything for anything we trade with you.  No problem.

Customs will be an issue?

Why, we either agree not to have a tariff on each others products that we sell to each other, or, we will apply the same tariffs to your goods that you apply to ours. Easy!  Nice one.

And so on. I really cannot see, other than the protection of vested interests, why this has been so hard.  Bonkers.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What I have to really laugh at is when Junker and his overpaid cronies, all of whom have vested interests in keeping their jobs, say “this is the policy decision of the 27”

Yeah right, so are we to believe that the 20+ or so who are net takers out of the EU pot are going to disagree with anything for fear of having their slice reduced. Of course they agree with what is being proposed, they don’t want their slice of the pot reducing and they probably have a complete lack of understanding of the proposal and its implications.

Why the hell doesn’t the U.K. stand in front of them all and just say “we’re off and forget any divorce bill payment and, to all of you who are net takers out of the pot, you’d better have plans in place as to how your country is going to manage on its reduced income from the EU since there’s no way on earth that the Northern European EU Mafia members are going to cough up the shortfall”

• Like 1

South Korea has a trade agreement with the EU. Thats a country 5000 miles away.

And yet the politicians are drawing up plans for miles of lorry parks on the motorway to trade with France, 24 miles through the tunnel.

If we had never joined the EU in the first place, we would have totally frictionless trade by now. The act of leaving must be punished because the EU ruling elite says so. Individual countries probably dont hold that view and German industrialists certainly dont, as they have stated.

And to suggest that they need more time! WTF. They just want the additional money.  The deal wont be done until the 11th hour.  How ever long they can string it out by.  If the end was next Friday they wouldn’t agree until Thursday night.  2 weeks on Friday would be the same.  Night before.  They have had long enough.  To even suggest this really shows how little they think of the British public.  

TM time to go and let Jacob sort it.  Just like Churchill did.

It's not the Irish Border that can be easily fixed with technology to automate border checks on goods ( all goods including food / livestock) and indeed this will come soon anyway. The issue is the intransigence from Brussels who want to make it harder than it really needs to be as they cannot support leaving looking easily achievable.

Junckers and his cronies are like the Emperor Nero and his Senate just before Rome started to burn......

• Like 1

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...

This whole ordeal has proven one thing that many have suspected for years. MPs do not represent anyone other than themselves and their own views and ambitions.

Corbyn will oppose anything that is put in front of him by those he believes he has been born to oppose, it’s just his militant past showing through. His answer to everything is “give me the keys to No10, I will save the world”

As for the rest of the politicians, the majority decided they were able to comment without seeing the deal, every single one of them knows best don’t they :lol:

It's a very sad state of affairs. Parliament as a group doesn't want to leave so have put every conceivable obstacle in place to prevent it happening. The Cabinet and the Prime Minister have never believed that leaving is the right thing to do so have been very half-hearted in their attempts to negotiate a good exit deal. Overall it's a shocking betrayal of democracy by Parliament, regardless of whether you're a leaver or remainer.

The opposition parties (as usual) are just using it as another means to further their own political agenda, the best interests of the country are irrelevant. I guess they console themselves with the thought that nothing is more important than them having power so they can put right all the wrongs in the world.

• Like 2

This is what I think will happen:

May will get a vote of no-confidence.

Many ministers will resign

G.E. Will be called

Labour will get rid of Corbyn and replace him with a remainer.

Tories will to some extent deliberately throw the election and Labour will win, a total nightmare for the UK.

Another referendum will be called which will make the last one look like a paragon of virtue compared with the dirt which will be thrown around.

Referendum will vote to remain by a narrow majority.

So we will be back to square one with a disastrous Labour government to boot.

• Sad 2

But they will have set a precedence so Leavers will then demand another vote till they get what they want! And there will be riots in the streets and the country will truly be divided then!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

When you look at Corbyn’s army and their reasons for voting against everything proposed, they do so for only one reason, to try to force a general election.

They don’t care what’s in the deal, probably most don’t even understand it. All they want is for Jezza to save the world.
Hopefully then he will do what he has always promoted, go to meet ISIS and negotiate a settlement :lol::lol:

Please put that in your manifesto Jezza and, rather than deplete public funds, I will gladly pay your air fare to Syria👍