Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aston Martin Bulldog to Try for 200mph - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Aston Martin Bulldog to Try for 200mph

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I remember my Dad taking me to the NEC Motorshow. The Bulldog was THE star of the show (apart from the Mini Metro). The crowds around it were 20 deep. Fortunately AM had positioned it on an inclined and elevated stage so even I could catch a glimpse of the William Towns inspired  future. Looking at it now, it looks horrendous and frankly naive. It was never going to be anywhere near as fast as it was claimed.

I've always liked the Bulldog with its wedge shape! Hope they make it to 200mph. It's pretty impressive the prototype is still up and running to begin with.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

9 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I remember my Dad taking me to the NEC Motorshow. The Bulldog was THE star of the show (apart from the Mini Metro). The crowds around it were 20 deep. Fortunately AM had positioned it on an inclined and elevated stage so even I could catch a glimpse of the William Towns inspired  future. Looking at it now, it looks horrendous and frankly naive. It was never going to be anywhere near as fast as it was claimed.

LOL - I know what you mean about how your tastes can change - but I don't know; I still kind of like it 😳

Apparently it produced 700bhp on the test bed - but that reduced down to 600bhp installed - so you would have thought it might have managed 200mph.

Anyway, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it manages it thus time around 

8 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

Are 5th Gear doing the test?

I've seen nothing to say that - apparently the restoration will take 18 months - so the actual test will be a little way off yet - but hopefully a load of press will be interested in it. I realise the 200mph for a road car is now 'old-hat' but I still think it would be impressive if it could do it. 

This car's so riotously proportioned and bizarrely finished, definitely not what I think of from Aston Martin!  I want to like an ambitious wedge, and it sounded great, but how close to a production model was this intended to be?

The video clip in the article is a nostalgia trip.

Good luck to the restoration team - will definitely tune in for reports of the 200mph attempts, and what changes they make to improve it 🤞

14 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

I've seen nothing to say that - apparently the restoration will take 18 months - so the actual test will be a little way off yet - but hopefully a load of press will be interested in it. I realise the 200mph for a road car is now 'old-hat' but I still think it would be impressive if it could do it. 

And some fell on stoney ground - 200 mph Esprit and Fifth Gear.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...