Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2012MY Evora S - Trackday noise limits - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2012MY Evora S - Trackday noise limits

I'm booked on to a track day at Brands next week. But this will be my first track visit in the Evora (2012MY S, standard exhaust) and I'm wondering whether anyone knows if I'm likely to fail the 98dB static limit?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Might be worth checking they are doing the static sound test, I’m going to snetterton Wednesday and they said Due to covid they are only using the drive by sensors which are set at 92db, I am in an n/a with a tubular back box which is LOUD !! So I have just whipped it off and put back the oem one, just came back from a test run and it’s a Very nice sound, might be worth downloading the sound app and getting an idea of what sound level your at? You can get baffles and mufflers but I was worried about back pressures.

Yes I hope to post up a post trip report on how the day goes, car is all set to go with a full service and all fluids checked, new Michelin PS4’s and new pads, just need to work out go pro fitting, may use the helmet  fitting, also letting my 20 year old so. Have his first track driving experience 😳😳😳

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jmanji said:

Yes I hope to post up a post trip report on how the day goes, car is all set to go with a full service and all fluids checked, new Michelin PS4’s and new pads, just need to work out go pro fitting, may use the helmet  fitting, also letting my 20 year old so. Have his first track driving experience 😳😳😳

Oh that's awesome, welcome my young friend to the moment of peace that can only been found mid apex on the track!  I have daughter's they wouldn't be so interested in that experience, you're blessed!

I'm curious to see the report, as a prospective buyer or eventual buyer, you can color that statement however you'd like :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You should be fine.  I've got a 2011 S with the third cat removed and am OK for noise at Goodwood on "quiet" days - 98db static and 96db drive-by.

The only issue I had was when lapping close behind another Evora S and the marshals signalled for us to space out as we passed the noise meters.

• Gold FFM

According to the V5 for mine, a standard NA as it leaves the factory puts out 87dB(A) static and 75dB(A) drive-by at 3750rpm - I think mine now with a full 2bular and a CAI might be just a tad more, :whistle:.

I wouldn't have thought an 'S' would be that much different so take along your registration certificate and if they question your noise output, just point to Section U and say that their noise meters must be wrong, :lol: .

• Haha 1

I’d have thought you’ll be ok on an S1 standard exhaust. My ‘14 Exige with standard exhaust was fine on most U.K. circuits including Goodwood. Current Lotus sadly is not!😢

On 10/07/2020 at 20:17, Jmanji said:

Doing track days with your son is brilliant for a bit of father/son bonding. I did several with my son here and on mainland Europe and we had an awesome time doing them. 
He ended up faster than me, what with being young and brave, whilst I am all too aware of my own mortality these days. It’s a great feeling watching them take it seriously and enjoying the day. 
You’ll be feeling very proud of him by the end of the day. 👍

• Like 1

Just made up The go pro camera holder for tomorrow. Fits across Behind the seats using a metal pole with some brackets that lock into the the rear window sills!! So we have about 3-4 cameras and hope to get some Good footage!! It’s actually quite nice the hear the oem exhaust again !! 
we are both getting excited, all loaded and ready for the big day!! 😳

0622CF6F-34D6-40FA-8FC0-A678D9ECAF3C.jpeg

E5319083-D5BA-4645-A71D-7E4B355DBC48.jpeg

E5D86610-063F-49F9-AA3E-3E92544FE52C.jpeg

I have a work provided DJ Osmo camera and I purchased a windscreen suction holder and tried it last year for Lotus in the Peaks run 

unfortunately it was great and kept falling or the camera moved up or down so I ended taking it off and footage was useless 

unless your ingenious like Paul don’t think there’s anything on market that will be suitable ? My partners son purchased a DJ Osmo drone and it’s fantastic quality when lockdown and R rates drops he will take some footage of my Evora 

On 14/07/2020 at 21:29, m1980k said:

No static noise test this evening, just an 88dB drive by limit, which caused no problems. Evora saved me when I ran out of talent, taking too much speed through Surtees and into McLaren, resulting in a tank slapper but no spin! Very easy car to put together a clean lap in this car.

20200714_195728.jpg

Great colour 😉

Wonderfully done!  thank you for sharing, beautiful English Lady as well.  I can post the mounts I use if you guys want me to, some are pricey but they'll hold, I use a triangulation mount with straps, when I've assisted other youtubers while taking track footage, 

Edited by Jason is Chasing