Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S1 Racecar - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S1 Racecar

Sadly I can't help with any information on car, but what a great buy. 

Well done for taking the plunge and getting the car back to Europe.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Back in the day, just about every Esprit came out of Paul's shop with those Gotti's, red Koni's and a Weber conversion, mine included and I bet the race car is the same. Paul was a good wrench as well and the car's were well sorted. His personal car then was a Europa with a Cosworth BDA in it. Wicked. He's obviously gone on to bigger and better Lotus.  😎 Good luck and have fun with the car. Keep us posted on the exploits!

Personally I like the two with the red in them. Great project, really looking forward to seeing a video of her in action when  completed.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

wow.

Jaap prachtig, droom ook eens zoiets te vinden en te kunnen doen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Resurrection!

Hi plumdeplakmuis

I hope that all is well with you. Just wondering if you had finished the build and whether you are using it?

I recently met another S2 race car owner who races and lives in Denmark (He bought his red S2 racing car from Scotland in 2019/20). 

Always interested to hear how a fellow Esprit race car owner is getting on..

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

🙂👍 awesome

thanks for sending an update. 

If you are happy to stay in contact then it would be great to follow your progress and see it finished/on track.

Catch you in 2022!!

• 2 weeks later...

@plumdeplakmuis according to this registry of Lotus Esprits, I would have the original engine of this car 261H in my newly acquired 105H. I am curious if you have the original engine of 105H. The original engine number is AC7770413717

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure what the engine is, I plan to keep it original on the side if I ever want to sell the car. For racing I'm building a new engine. FYI chassis nr is 771050261H or 77050261H 

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com