Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newer 380-style front access panel - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newer 380-style front access panel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The stripes on the roof are:

5mm at the front, 2mm at the back. The widest point is 13mm which is approx 250mm from the front. The taper from the front to the widest point is shorter than the taper from the widest point to the back

xDQbZPk.jpg

Edited by Davey D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave do you know who did the stripes? It’s the later version of stripes that the 380 never had. Only ask as I’m deliberating whether to do them on the front access panel, and if not factory would be keen to know who did them as they look spot on. This’ll be where you tell me they were put on at factory.....😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woots said:

Side note, that carbon all looks incredible

Is it tempting you to get more during your rebuild? 🤑 🤣  Having the wide carbon cup side scoops really makes a big difference too

20 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Dave do you know who did the stripes? It’s the later version of stripes that the 380 never had. Only ask as I’m deliberating whether to do them on the front access panel, and if not factory would be keen to know who did them as they look spot on. This’ll be where you tell me they were put on at factory.....😉

I only bought the car earlier this year, but it I believe it was exactly how it came from factory?!

I thought the 380 sport came with these straight stripes, and the 380 cup came with the longer curved stripes, but doing another quick google search there was a few 380 sport with the straight style, and others with the longer curved style. The 380 cup I found with stripes only had the longer curved stripes

13 minutes ago, Davey D said:

I only bought the car earlier this year, but it I believe it was exactly how it came from factory?!

I thought the 380 sport came with these straight stripes, and the 380 cup came with the longer curved stripes, but doing another quick google search there was a few 380 sport with the straight style, and others with the longer curved style. The 380 cup I found with stripes only had the longer curved stripes

I’ve not seen another 380 Sport with the straight stripes like yours. When they were new in ‘17 there was only Cup stripes as an option, but as the 380 Sport/Cup was fazed out in ‘18 and the 430 Cup fazed in, the straight stripes could be optioned at factory - I know this as I had the option at the time, and this was discussed at length when I went to see it being built at the factory but decided against it (pic attached - mine sitting next to a Fire Red Cup 430) - yours therefore, I can only assume was a late build 380 and the stripes optioned by the first owner?👍

5BF85147-A458-4986-A0F9-18D1941BB747.jpeg

My car was originally supplied by lotus Silverstone,  and then I bought it from them as  "sale or return" on behalf of the original owner. 

They told me that the original owner had an exige on order,  but then saw an olive green car somewhere,  and then changed his order. It was registered March 2018. When was the last 380 models sold?

That sounds about right - mine was registered May ‘18 and as I said I had the option in Feb prior to build to have the “cat-scratches” as they were called internally, done then. Sounds to me like yours was specced around the same time and specced with Cup430 cat-scratches which was available to order by this time. Nice when you can tie up all the loose stuff ends with all the little peculiarities that go on at Hethel......they’ve been confusing owners for decades. I have an ‘82 Turbo Esprit and it was going on back then and beyond too😉

What colour would you go with? Fire red to match the body colour, or gloss red to stand out a little? I quite like the contrast red on mine as it ties in with the red brake calipers, and tow eye, but then I also think matching colour looks great too like the  Cup430:

EULwUtf.jpg

Not entirely sure Dave - would need to see both to know. More likely the slightly subtle body colour Fire Red or similar will be the way I’ll go. I still like without too so don’t really know at this point. Mine will be a decal anyway so should be easy enough to try before commiting. A job for the Spring👍

512BFC9D-B5FA-44AC-88AB-B1F72C0A2E1C.jpeg

On 17/11/2020 at 10:10, Woots said:

Side note, that carbon all looks incredible

Made just up the road from you in Banbury I believe (ProDrive)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Woots said:

Yes that’s right 🙂

Maybe you guys could do the carbon for Lotus and Lotus could give you a new engine?  Win:win.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hey guys. Can i ask you what would be the best source to order a carbon front panel ? Deroure is selling it at 1700£ https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=42&TBL=11549&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=681694 but i don t know if it s the original part nor if is vat included

I m a bit lost with all the versions available, komotec, elise shop, eltech etc etc

I just want one fiting without rework at a good price :D

@Exx so then get the OEM one... your dealer can deliver you one for 2335€, vat included, striker pins included, mesh included.  As it's the OEM one, the carbon is diagonal (so no V-shape, but others might correct me as I am not 100% sure).   If you take a membership here, there is a discount available.

The Deroure one is OEM too.  The Komotec one is OEM too as far as I know?

That being said, DixieV6 has the Eltech one (=aftermarket), V-shaped carbon and that one looks very nice too.  I have the WinAce GRP one (=aftermarket), which I had completely resanded, repainted.  Aftermarket all need some fiddling IMHO, but come out real good.

Your requirements = get OEM one.

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

^^^^^Kristof always supplies good information.  👍

I went the aftermarket route, WinAce carbon as sold by EliseShop, and am very happy with the results, a bit of "fettling" required but nothing major. 

Of course, my access panel went  on a track-only car and the cosmetic aspects of the modification were secondary. My primary goal was to shed some weight and perhaps improve aero/heat evacuation from the radiator....mission accomplished.  :)  Having said that, I also think aesthetically the car looks better.

Before and after shots.....Front-side-track1.thumb.JPG.d09d9e716df54e7382fc488237c44d58.JPGfront-side-V6.thumb.jpg.3bc0103bad480cfa2ab8eb821592b4df.jpg

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@Exx I have just ordered a carbon fibre panel A138B0590 from Bell & Colvill, via their DeRoure outlet. The price stated does not include VAT, but if you become a forum full member and mention it when you order you will get an 8% discount.

You will also need the straight guide pins A138B0407F, grommet X036B6010F and outlet grille A138B0324F (although some members have made their own grille). The service engineer informed me that the other parts can be taken from the existing panel.

I have asked them for the V shape carbon weave pattern, as this is why I have purchased it from them, and paid a slightly higher cost when compared to the other 3rd party suppliers. I will be collecting it this coming Friday so will let you know more then.

17 minutes ago, Exx said:

Thanks. So what was the price for the whole package ? I still don t understand that story of V shape vs diag 🤣

Notice the weave of the carbon meets in the middle to form a V shape, also known as herringbone. OEM carbon features this pattern including the spitter, roof etc

Most aftermarket pieces do not feature this weave pattern 

3CFEF7BD-C17E-4E53-8ABC-E1D933ACB6AE.jpeg

• Thanks 1