Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How about a carbon-fibre bodied Exige with a turbo-charged V6? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How about a carbon-fibre bodied Exige with a turbo-charged V6?

Jack

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dropping 150kg is quite an achievement - apart from the increased engine output. But a DCT gearbox in that is going to need a lot of cooling.

I like the wing mirror design - to get a better view over the rear haunches.

Thanks for posting this.

18 hours ago, EldonZ said:

I want @Jack to buy it so I can drive it!

In your dreams as well as mine,  my friend. :D 

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Just watched the video....did anyone else notice the OIL alarm, presumably oil pressure.

It must have  come on at least 10 times during that lap, could be an oil surge issue or perhaps the threshold for the alarm is set too low??

If interested, your can catch the OIL alarm at 31, 35, 49, 1:06, 1:16; 1:27 (and more times) during the video.

Curious to see, as I believe that car is running a dry sump oiling system.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Nicolas, it's definitely a glitch....hope it's a sensor and not the oiling system.  ;) 

Do you know if that car is running a sequential vs the Jubu dual-clutch setup?

It could be my audio perception, but it sounded like the car was running straight-cut gears??

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

I don't know. Jubu will be with the Club Lotus France and RaceTrack days in south of France in 3 weeks. I don't know if the car will be here, (at least the 410 DCT will be) if yes I will ask 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack said:

but it sounded like the car was running straight-cut gears??

In the first post article :
A specially-designed seven-speed dual-clutch transmission offers the best of both worlds between an automatic and a sequential box. "This was one of our greatest achievements during the project. Our DCT is really easy to handle and can compete with any sequential gearbox on track - but if you want to relax, you can just switch from manual in automatic mode and chill," says Jung

But I agree it sounds definitely much faster than their DCT we saw in other videos before, which seems to have some response lag...

Edited by Martrack

Pricing starts at 249,000 euros (around $292,000) for the ZEROtrack and can reach up to 650,000 euros (around $762,000) for the Zerostreet model.

Surprisingly the announced road-legal version is the most (and by far) expensive one.
Any reason why ?

No Eldon, it's all the "luxury" car and interior goodies (you know.... air conditioned and massaging seats, navigation w/ deluxe sound system, cruise control etc) and an extra 130 HP.  :D

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/08/2020 at 18:19, Martrack said:

In the first post article :
A specially-designed seven-speed dual-clutch transmission offers the best of both worlds between an automatic and a sequential box. "This was one of our greatest achievements during the project. Our DCT is really easy to handle and can compete with any sequential gearbox on track - but if you want to relax, you can just switch from manual in automatic mode and chill," says Jung

But I agree it sounds definitely much faster than their DCT we saw in other videos before, which seems to have some response lag...

I just read that the Race version comes in 2 versions, with a 6 speeds sequential or with a 7 speeds dual clutch gearbox.
Fore sure the one from the presentation video above in this thread runs the sequential one... At least it sounds like :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...