Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rochester Fuel Injectors o-ring seals and filters? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Rochester Fuel Injectors o-ring seals and filters?

Hello Everyone,

I now have an ultrasonic cleaner and will probably clean my injectors, but then I will have to change the o-ring seals and filters.

I know the o-ring seals are available from SJS (for instance) but where can I find the filters? Any known reference or size?

Basically I would need that sort of rebuild kit, but for our 4+2 injectors set https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Rochester-Fuel-Injector-Rebuild-Repair-Kit-for-Chevy-GM-Oring-Seals-Filter-6-Cyl/173383453051 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rochester-Chevy-GM-Fuel-Injector-Rebuild-Repair-Kit-Oring-Seals-Filter-6-Cyl/122967528422 (maybe these sets are actually suitable?)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Giniw

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 5 months later...

Thread hijack, apologies in advance....

How bizarre. I was literally just going to type an identical post. Postie dropped my new 15ltr bath off this morning.

Mine however has the RC injectors installed.

Does anyone know the correct o ring size for these please as i have a receipt from the p.o which states the Lotus service centre that fitted them upon request of him advised they were not happy that the o rings were the 'perfect' fit.

C'mon Sailorbob this has got your amazing knowledge for detail written all over it!

3 hours ago, Clarky5150 said:

Thread hijack, apologies in advance....

lol no worries, I quite never understood the issue about upping an old thread when it's a related question anyway! :thumbup:

As for the RC injectors I suspect the external diameter would be the same as for the stock injectors since they go in the same hole anyway, and as for the internal one the same diameter as the original RC (?) o-ring?

By the way, I am still unsure about the basket filters! (@Marten did not provide any reference or URL so a bit hard to know what to order ...)

Had a quick skim through eBay and with import duty and shipping we are looking at around £40 for 8 o-rings!!!! 

I think the baskets can probably be cleaned in the ultrasonic bath so if anyone can give the correct measurements of the o rings ill get a batch made up from a local supplier.

I think it's hard to take the baskets out without destroying them ... The usual technique would be to take a random screw and pull them out, so unless there is a clean way of doing it, I don't think they can be reused?

• 4 months later...
66 o-ring to o-ring bosch
75 total length  
11.5 clip slot from end  
14.6 o-ring dia  
16 body dia  

60 o-ring to o-ring RC
70.8 total length  
8.7 clip slot from end  

66 o-ring to o-ring Five-o
74 total length  
10.8 clip slot from end  
14 o-ring dia  
17 body dia  

14.6 o-ring OD  
3.62 o-ring cross section dia  
  • Like 1

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

• Gold FFM
On 25/10/2020 at 11:22, Marten said:

I got a set this Summer from Summit Racing, Standard Products ~$10

Welcome to TLF Marten. :welcome:

This first post was awhile ago. Are you still around?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yep, I'm still around.  You looking for the o-rings or the fuel strainer?

I think this is what I ordered.  I remember researching 2.2ish GM engines from the 90s to find it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dfp-fs0009?rrec=true#overview

I also found they had the fuel pulsation damper that mounts on the pump outlet.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-fp30

I had removed my damper about 20 years ago and replaced it with a bit of very thick hose that came with a new fuel pump.  That hose split last Summer but I didn't figure that out until I went to replace my pump, thinking it was bad and causing the car not to run.

Edited by Marten
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

No Marten. It was @Giniw . I just saw your first post, so I thought I would say hi.

Do you have a Lotus? (not a requirement to join TLF though)

If you are going to be about, you should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. Any photos are always welcome of your car/cars as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

👍