Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 22 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

I haven't, and have used that road from Birk Brow to Whitby a lot as I had a long term client job in that area and further south (actually east down the coast), but I've only seen Police at the side of the road once, south of Scaling Dam.

However I been away filming in Spain for 5 weeks this winter. Most North Yorkshire Police or camera partnership vans seem to be on the A19 near Thirsk, which then move to the Sutton Bank to Helmsley road, and then Helmsley to Scarbados road.

No Police seem to exist within the North York Moors itself even though Heartbeat would suggest otherwise 😁

• Haha 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wiring path question in aid of my own S2 project - do the loom runs from instrument binnacle pass through the holes in scuttle not used for vents ducting, or do they otherwise route through the gap between pod and steering column?

Cheers 

The only loom that goes anywhere near the steering column is the steering column mini loom with the block connector for the stalks and ignition barrel.

The binnacle wiring routes through the holes in the upper dashboard beneath where the binnacle sits.

• Thanks 1

This was mine when stripped, there’s holes for the air / loom etc but I can’t remember what went where…

IMG_2479.png

From left to right:

Air duct to binnacle

Air duct to windscreen defrost in binnacle top

Binnacle LHS switch gear

Binnacle RHS switch gear & heater control wires

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a good, solid fuel pump. A few folk had issues with the standard SU pump after a faulty manufacturing batch. I've considered carrying a spare just in case.

"Where there is a will there is a way" - Don Logan (Ben Kingsley), Sexy Beast.

I built my car on a driveway and in a single garage. I fitted the pump easily. The problem if away from the garage is carrying the right spanners and stuff to blank off the fuel lines momentarily. Not something I'd want to do, but could allow a journey to continue if away for an extended period.