Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 bigger secondary injectors RC Engineering - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 bigger secondary injectors RC Engineering

achim212

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, SL9-0270 is a saturated type but if it is ok for your set up I don’t know, the nearest to stock I can see is  SL4-0205 ,205cc,12.5 ohms compared  190cc , 128 Hz,16 ohms of stock. WC engineering supply an RC version but no one answered my q if it was the 205 or if it was modified or a different version.

Edited by stevefh
Mistake

I have these as secondary injectors:

GM Chevrolet 7.4L J GAS, Direct Replacement OEM INJECTORS Bosch-Remanufactured

Part Number: 0280150556: Made in USA, Chevy GMC 7.4 454 (J)

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/lucas-01d062b-74l-j-code/

They are about 14.5 ohms, so you will still need to modify the ballast resistor

Esprit Freak

I agree with you Travis, things will be fine. I knew you used them that's why I have them.

The 0.75 ohms decrease in resistance increases the max current with 0.1 A at 16V, which will still be ok. But in general if one fits injectors with a different resistance one should think about modifying the ballast resistor.

That said I still have to do mine. (haven't driven the car much with these injectors and most certainly not with the engine the "sweet spot" when the secondairies come to life. ("nice speed limits in Holland")

Esprit Freak