Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Keeping Evora outside.. - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Keeping Evora outside..

jamesbilluk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
48 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Does anyone have any experience of the Clarke temp garages? 

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/sheds/

There is a large one at a shady car dealer down the road, it has been there for several years, but it is well sheltered, I think if you had it in a windy area it would need to be well fixed down. I had a plastic small shed that blew itself to pieces years ago.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Does anyone have any experience of the Clarke temp garages? 

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/sheds/

@Kevin Wheeler has one for his Esprit I think

Worth getting a windscreen sun shield for sure.

I kept mine under car port with outdoor cover, never had an issues, but wasn't used as a daily, same with the Elise.  Down side with cover is that you really shouldn't put one over a dirty car in case you scratch the paintwork.

Fingers crossed for the viewing / purchase 🙂

• Gold FFM

I do have one.

I bought it in the summer to replace an Autopod that I bought from Hamilton Classic Ltd - I cannot see that they do these anymore.

The Clarke one is very sturdy but they expect you to secure it to a lawn rather than concrete. It does need tying down somehow. There are screw holes in the feet to secure it.

However, the biggest problem that I am finding now that winter has arrived (I have only had it for 6 or 7 months) is the amount of condensation that I am getting inside. The car is ending up dripping wet. This was not a problem with the Hamilton Classic one because it was double skinned and did not produce condensation.

There is no point putting a heater into the current one because it is single skinned vinyl and does not have a sealed groundsheet. I need to experiment. Fans/ventilation maybe.

I am happy to answer any questions on it.

• Gold FFM

I have an outdoor cover that I have put on the car recently, but yes, I think putting an extra tarp (probably on the inside) would work.

I am still experimenting, so any suggestions will be gratefully received!