Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 72 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Has been suggested KFC write the reg of the car on the take away boxes

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, ramjet said:

Is that a bike track in the photo?

Gonna be hard to stay in the lines. :getmecoat:

I recall, many years ago, reading a news story where the cyclist involved in a collision was adamant he was in the cycle lane, yet one didn't exist there. Turns out he thought those no-parking  lines were a cycle lane.

Edited by andydclements

How about letting kids play football in the park? If you factor in children's cross infection and outdoor transmission, it's probably safer than opening garden centres and takeaways.

Still,  garden centres and takeaways can open here in Wales,  but you can't drive there as it's clearly not essential. Obviously you could walk,  run or cycle there,  but the car parks are busy.

19 hours ago, Sparky said:

In your face!

97401672_10157574040958192_7862797625219612672_o.jpg

Blimey you really have had clear out in your garage😁

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2020 at 08:12, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

This proposed incoming aviation passengers 14 days quarantine restriction is an odd one. Apparently it won’t include passengers from Ireland or France. Why? Are they immune to contracting and spreading CV-19, whereas people coming from other countries are not? Conversely are all UK passengers immune to spreading the virus in those two countries? Weird.

U turn time. Now UK Government is backtracking on this with regards to France at least. Only visitors from Ireland remain exempt from the quarantine restrictions. All other incoming travellers, whether by planes, trains or automobiles (and ferries) will need to self-isolate for 14 days.

having instilled fear of the virus in alarge percentage of the population how are the government and the media going to persuade people to return to a new normal life. A vaccine seems a long way off and 100% safe is a long way off.  Probably a lot more people need to get the virus i.e herd immunity, but how do you convince people that is the answer ,if it is. We need to get the majority of children back to school but it is going to be a long time before it will be 100% safe ,if it ever was. Teachers and trade unions need to come up with some positive suggestions instead of being negative and blaming the government for evrything.

• Like 1

I think the fear vs new normal is going to be key, but rather than us needing to drive people to try and return to what is as close to the old normal as possible, we can keep the R number lower by some actions that are hanging over from the lock-down. Things like, don't get physically close to people if it can be reasonably avoided, practice good hygiene (why oh why was that new for some people ??), masks in public, not going out if ill,  all these things could help to keep the R number down a bit and so allow some sort of new normal. Asia have pretty much done it a while ago when they managed to control SARS. So if we can achieve that, then places like schools are less likely to be of concern regards the virus as there's less chance of any of the kids bringing into the classroom.

5 hours ago, andydclements said:

I think the fear vs new normal is going to be key, but rather than us needing to drive people to try and return to what is as close to the old normal as possible, we can keep the R number lower by some actions that are hanging over from the lock-down. Things like, don't get physically close to people if it can be reasonably avoided, practice good hygiene (why oh why was that new for some people ??), masks in public, not going out if ill,  all these things could help to keep the R number down a bit and so allow some sort of new normal. Asia have pretty much done it a while ago when they managed to control SARS. So if we can achieve that, then places like schools are less likely to be of concern regards the virus as there's less chance of any of the kids bringing into the classroom.

You're quite right - in some of those countries (including China) where restrictions have been lifted there has then been an increase.

I agree with what Johnson said - that you need to be cautious and not risk what has been achieved by opening things up too soon.

I can't help but think the current easing has been more politically lead - to try and appease; rather than scientifically lead.

I actually think they should make it a requirement to wear masks on Public transports or when you go shopping. Not because they will necessarily 'seal' you from the virus - but because its limits its transmissions by restricting the 'splash' area of coughs and sneezes.

• Like 1