Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 188 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

@SFOyou won’t get any sensible figures reported in the press/media, they don’t do sensible - only sensationalism!

Because if they take on the "sensationalism" then actually, right now there is not much news so what will they talk about?

Personally, I'd be really interested to her some proper journalistic reports on what the fcuk Russia and China are up to right now, and specifically what is happening in Ukraine and Taiwan. If the side action there gets out of hand and we end up with a full and proper response then to be honest forget COVID, that'll be the least of our worries.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I do get your point @PaulCP I really do.

what gets mixed up it seems is many believe they can either force a needle into another’s arm or decline them treatment, remove their freedoms and sack them from their jobs.

welcome to covid-1984.

Not sure what country you live in but that is not the case in the UK. A few specific jobs require vaccinations for certain diseases (not just COVID)

23 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I highly doubt that will be easy to find out. There’s whole wards in hospitals completely closed. Some would say due to covid overload and staffing because the ICU with 6/8/10/12 beds that are rammed full. 

Come on guys - the data is easily available. There is no 'story' here.

Statistics » Bed Availability and Occupancy Data – Overnight (england.nhs.uk)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The rate it’s going it’ll be but a matter of weeks before the daily case rate is 65million 🙄

Clearly you know this cannot be the case!

19 hours ago, Markindevon said:

…and of course the 54 deaths will be ‘with’ this virus rather than of’ it.  We are in a further phase of ‘lies, dammed lies and statistics’. I used to respect Whitty but, given the way he’s misrepresented the data recently, I can’t say that any longer.

As posted before, the reporting of deaths is tightly defined and clear in how it is defined. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It would seem that that freedom you describe in the UK is not present in all other countries. I, for example, do not have to take a jab by force or law, but I may loose my job if I don't. So where's the choice?

I think we are soon to reaching a point in the whole debacle, where it is obvious that there will be a widespread common immunity at most people, and that the newest form in omicron and it's 64 versions, are multiplying 70 times faster in the upper respiratory area, compared to all earlier versions. As it is not as bad as attacking mostly in the alveoli, there's a much higher survival rate and lesser symptoms, easier overcome etc. Apart from those who are weak because of other general problems, such as heavy smoking, drinking, excessive eating of unhealthy food, lack of exercise and of course, old age.

Unless something far more serious pops up by mysterious coincidence, I think this will slowly die out by itself, and it's about time we look carefully at what is being forced or not in all countries and societies.

Best wishes of best of luck.

Kind regards.

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

12 hours ago, SFO said:

No doubt you can be in critical care and not be on a ventilator for non Covid issues.

Just to be clear you can be in critical care being treated for COVID and not on a ventilator. Ventilation is a last resort with frankly pretty poor odds on survival, there are many treatments before that before ventilation which is very much a last resort.

• Like 1

South Africa says Omicron wave may have peaked - BBC News

Some more positive news, which I believe justifies the England approach to restrictions compared to devolved governments.

No doubt @Barrykearley will not believe the figures or the reporting 😉

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jacques said:

It would seem that that freedom you describe in the UK is not present in all other countries. I, for example, do not have to take a jab by force or law, but I may loose my job if I don't. So where's the choice?

I think we are soon to reaching a point in the whole debacle, where it is obvious that there will be a widespread common immunity at most people, and that the newest form in omicron and it's 64 versions, are multiplying 70 times faster in the upper respiratory area, compared to all earlier versions. As it is not as bad as attacking mostly in the alveoli, there's a much higher survival rate and lesser symptoms, easier overcome etc. Apart from those who are weak because of other general problems, such as heavy smoking, drinking, excessive eating of unhealthy food, lack of exercise and of course, old age.

Unless something far more serious pops up by mysterious coincidence, I think this will slowly die out by itself, and it's about time we look carefully at what is being forced or not in all countries and societies.

Best wishes of best of luck.

Kind regards.

There are jobs where the safety of others determines whether a vaccination is required. There are jobs where the safety of the individual determines what vaccinations are required. There are jobs where the qualifications of the individual determine whether they are allowed to do the job. Would you want a surgeon with Hepatitis operating on you ? Would you like a cleaner operating on you ?

I personally do not agree with nationwide compulsory vaccination as we live in a country that is policed by consent. That doesn't mean however that putting yourself or others at risk should come without some sanctions. With freedoms come responsibilities.

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1543223/covid-news-latest-flurona-israel-coronavirus-and-flu-pandemic-fears

Virus panic: First case of 'flurona'– Covid and flu merge to form horror double infection

A DEADLY mixture of the flu and coronavirus, dubbed Flurona, has been detected in Israel.The first case of Flurona was found in a young pregnant woman in Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikva. Flurona is a dangerous mixture of coronavirus and influenza. The young woman was unvaccinated and results from the hospital detected the co-presence of both the flu and the Covid 19 pathogens.

35 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Sounds somewhat contradictory frankly. In earlier posts you seemed to believe compulsory vaccinations were required unless I’m mistaken.

Those at risk should already have their vaccinations - another Individual vaccinated or not still poses a risk to others by spreading covid. The risk of transmission doesn’t go away just because of a jab. 

My position has been clear from the get go - no compulsory vaccination, no restrictions if you don’t comply with vaccinations and now no lockdowns whatsoever. At some point we need to get on with actually living rather than being scared and locked away.

Absolutely not - and I have never said that. You are mistaken.

There are circumstances as I explained where vaccination is a requirement for a specific job - this is not new.

In case you hadn't noticed England is not locked down and has minimal restrictions demonstrating we are 'getting on with it'. Not sure why you are scared and locked away ? 

But don't think for one minute that ignoring COVID will make it go away, and those who have to take responsibility and make decisions will still have to do that. You may not like those decisions but that doesn't mean they are wrong.

29 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

As for bbc stats - one thing they are very careful not to release is deaths of those vaccinated.

Once again that information is available. No secrets, nothing hidden, no story. Seems the BBC have been discussing it too ...

Deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status, England - Office for National Statistics

Covid deaths rare among fully vaccinated - ONS - BBC News

Covid: Misleading stat claims more vaccinated people die - BBC News

22 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1543223/covid-news-latest-flurona-israel-coronavirus-and-flu-pandemic-fears

Virus panic: First case of 'flurona'– Covid and flu merge to form horror double infection

A DEADLY mixture of the flu and coronavirus, dubbed Flurona, has been detected in Israel.The first case of Flurona was found in a young pregnant woman in Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikva. Flurona is a dangerous mixture of coronavirus and influenza. The young woman was unvaccinated and results from the hospital detected the co-presence of both the flu and the Covid 19 pathogens.

There is no reason why you cannot contract both at the same time, but I really wouldn't rely on the DE for scientific information 🤣

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, windymiller said:

so do we see any further restrictions post nye ?? in the uk ??

Genuinely - who knows? The government have made it clear it will be data driven.

Hospitalisations are now rising rapidly, deaths will increase, but hopefully not by many. Anything applied restriction wise takes about 2 weeks to work. If deaths remain stable possibly not. If they start to spike then more likely, London will be the first clue as the wave is a good two weeks further on there. SA suggests they will not but two different countries do not always behave the same way.

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Once again that information is available. No secrets, nothing hidden, no story. Seems the BBC have been discussing it too ...

That link buries the actual number is an ASMR format per 100,000 in different dose times. It does not report the actual number in context with the deaths within 28days scenario.

Which is kinda my point - it’s not easy to compare like for like numbers is it? Oh and that data only goes upto the end of October. Strange they can’t show the real data isn’t it.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

The government have made it clear it will be data driven.

As per my point above. They can drive any agenda if you represent the data to suit.

Just now, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

190,000 new cases today. Don’t forget that schools have been off for two weeks now, so no direct new cases via that environment.

Which include a couple of days from wales. But obviously case numbers rising.

Only here once

18 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

That link buries the actual number is an ASMR format per 100,000 in different dose times. It does not report the actual number in context with the deaths within 28days scenario.

Which is kinda my point - it’s not easy to compare like for like numbers is it? Oh and that data only goes upto the end of October. Strange they can’t show the real data isn’t it.

Try clicking on the latest release data and the explanations for an answer to your questions! There is a good reason why the data is formatted as it is - and it isn't a conspiracy! They include a link to the full dataset if you want to follow it 

Monthly mortality analysis, England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

16 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

They can drive any agenda if you represent the data to suit.

Seeing as how your agenda is no restrictions and everybody has to take pot luck it is unlikely they will be following yours.

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

190,000 new cases today. Don’t forget that schools have been off for two weeks now, so no direct new cases via that environment.

It has been difficult from a data point of view the last week or so. It does look like London has peaked but other areas are climbing quickly now. School return will push up cases in children which may extend the peak through seeding into families.

2 hours ago, gregs24 said:

There are jobs where the safety of others determines whether a vaccination is required. There are jobs where the safety of the individual determines what vaccinations are required. There are jobs where the qualifications of the individual determine whether they are allowed to do the job. Would you want a surgeon with Hepatitis operating on you ? Would you like a cleaner operating on you ?

I personally do not agree with nationwide compulsory vaccination as we live in a country that is policed by consent. That doesn't mean however that putting yourself or others at risk should come without some sanctions. With freedoms come responsibilities.

Agreed. Sure, in many many positions in society, it's mandatory to behave responsably and I wish the same could be said about many a government.

Cheers,

Jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Try clicking on the latest release data and the explanations for an answer to your questions! There is a good reason why the data is formatted as it is - and it isn't a conspiracy! They include a link to the full dataset if you want to follow it 

No - yet again ASMR per 100k.

It sure isn’t the covid deaths of people  - and then split into vaccinated and unvaccinated.

simple question   - seems strange just how hard it is to see this specific data.

Only here once

10 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Hospitalisations are now rising rapidly, 

From The Telegraph:

A third of patients in hospitals in England with Covid are not being treated primarily for the virus, new figures show.

Of the 8,321 patients with coronavirus in NHS acute trusts in England on December 28, 2,743 (33 per cent) of patients with Covid were being primarily treated for something else.

Some 5,578 patients (67 per cent) were mainly being treated for Covid, down from 71 per cent a week earlier and 74 per cent at the start of December, according to official NHS data.

The number being treated primarily for Covid-19 rose by around a quarter from 4,432 on December 21 to 5,578 on December 28, while those with Covid-19 but who were being treated primarily for something else jumped by more than 51 per cent from 1,813 to 2,743.

• Like 1