Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 165 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

So NZ has one single case of CV-19 after 6 months and has another lockdown. They’ve even cancelled their Rugby Union matches in Australia and South Africa in the coming weeks. Surely this is OTT?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58278473

• Gold FFM

I think you will find that NZ is taking a leaf from the book of The Australian State Premiers.

Removalists from NSW brought the Delta strain to Victoria. Once Victoria found this out, they locked things down. New South Wales didn't move as quickly and they are now getting ~650 cases per day. Their contact tracers cannot get out in front of it.

In Victoria, even with the lockdowns and a curfew that was placed on Melbourne, the cases, which were sitting at about 22 per day ,have today blown out to 56. The Victorian Premier and his medical staff are concerned at this jump.

Please remember that we only have approximately 50% of people vaccinated with one dose. The numbers for a double dose are much smaller. Of the people that are currently hospitalised, half are children between the ages of 10~19 and none of them are vaccinated at all. The Delta variant is a very different animal to the original virus.

Both Victoria and to a lesser extent, New South Wales as they thought they were clever, are now facing the very real possibility that they will not be able to contain these outbreaks.

On top of that we have people being idiots and breaking the rules and creating another issue for the governments to deal with.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

18 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So NZ has one single case of CV-19 after 6 months and has another lockdown. They’ve even cancelled their Rugby Union matches in Australia and South Africa in the coming weeks. Surely this is OTT?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58278473

It is going up there and lockdown has been extended

Just now, pete said:

It is going up there and lockdown has been extended

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-jacinda-ardern-reveals-21-new-cases-in-community-51-cases-in-total/FT5TAYACEKXLW37DWUQZF36YE4/

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

None of them have any other medical conditions. We are getting transmissions between children and their families from daycare age now as well. Half makes it about 30 children currently.

There was a big riot in Melbourne yesterday which has put 6 policemen in hospital. 134 arrests in think and the same number of $5,400 fines handed out. They had to use capsicum spray on the rioters to attempt to get them to disperse. There was a bit of footage of what looked like a young girl getting milk poured on her face to take the stinging away. Looked to be no more than in her early teens. Must have been there with her parents.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

112 of the active cases in Australia are children under the age of 10. I don't know how many of those are in hospital though.

The number of active cases in Australia is 494.

So % under 10 years of age is 23%.

No-one currently in ICU in Victorian hospitals has been vaccinated.

Contact tracing has run into issues with a lot of mystery cases and not knowing how they have caught it. NSW is having the same issues. Their premier put restrictions into place just last night that Victoria put in place over a week ago.

Victoria - 71 new cases. 494 active cases. Vic is predicting just over 2 months until 70% are double dose vaccinated.

NSW - 818 new cases. 11,155 active cases. NSW is predicting 2 months for 70% double dose vaccinated.

The predictions are based on the last 7 day averages.

Life continues to be a little unpredictable here in Oz. Impossible to plan any sort of interstate trip, even with a days notice.  So pretty much every state is locked down in a way. I'm heading out bush for a couple of weeks, no phones, no interwebs, no people.  Not sure what I'll come back to.  I heard on the grapevine (Jeff Kennett) that there were government meetings over the weekend in Vic to discuss with major food distributors that the lockdown in Vic will last until the new year, so be prepared.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

I can actually believe that. I definitely believe that something like that may be a reality in NSW.

Locking down, so stopping the internal spread of the virus can work, but only as long as you stop new infections coming in. So are the Australian gov't planning to keep all ports and airports etc locked down until the virus has been eradicated from the planet?

• Gold FFM

Go Andy! Ask the question that has made some of us shake our heads.

Airports in Vic & NSW have been open to international arrivals, both cargo and people, for pretty much the whole time. After quarantining for 14 days, the people are either going about their business or a holiday. As airports are federal, the State governments get very little, to no say, in what happens.

Ports. Bulk ships have still come and gone as their cargoes were not people, but goods. That I understand. Generally, the crews are not allowed to leave the ship or its immediate area. Some guy did make a runner from a ship in Geelong. I don't know if they ever caught up with him?

Cruiseships? Are any operating now?

• Gold FFM

Also just heard on the news that 10,000 people yesterday did not appear to their second vaccination injection. 
Why would you do that?

I can comment for one person, which is that the adverse reaction was so bad, and the second being generally worse, meant it wasn't perhaps advisable. Whether that's the same for the other 9,999 is a predication but I'd say it's unlikely to be a decision based on fact more likely based on pseudo-science on social media.

• Gold FFM

My daughter who is a nurse in a Covid testing & vaccination centre said that it has been discovered that anti-vaxxers have been ringing some clinics that don't check status of first injection and have been making appointments asking for their second Pfizer injection.

The clinic then draws down the required Pfizer which they have to add to another solution for injection. This final vaccination solution has to be in an arm within 6 hours. And yes, you guessed it. The anti-vaxxer does not show up.

They are getting much more stricter on the checking now.

I just can't believe the mentality to do this though?

• Sad 3

Can we trace their call and inject them with rat poison when we find them?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Hopefully the system has closed the loophole now.

Well bugger me, who would have known....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58341338

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKHIt's kind of the difference between removing restrictions and getting on with life whilst maintaining some sense of vigilance and risk assessment, versus basically asking to catch it just because there is no law to stop you doing something which, to be frank is simply asking for it.

Like people who cannot be bothered to wear a mask in a shop. No law making you wear one so they don't despite most shops asking you to do so if you can. Is it really a hardship? OK, I understand shop workers may prefer not to wear one all day (although many do), but customers really are just being selfish twats if they don't.

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

The way it should be is do your own thing SO LONG as it doesn't impinge on others. Seems they got it backwards these days and some individuals only care about getting their way at the expense of all others. Seems to be a lot more trolls than in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Well bugger me, who would have known....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58341338

The mantra will be: "well, that's only 500 out of 20,000..." But, the way it works is each one infects 2 or 3 more, and they each do the same and so on and so on... voila, another surge 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Organisers said they did "everything in their power" to lessen the risks, going beyond government guidance.

Spectators at Bloodstock

• Confused 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.