Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 177 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

42 minutes ago, SFO said:

Has there been "explosive" growth in number of CV19 cases in London? 

looking at national case numbers, in the last 7 days, cases increased by 11.9% and testing increased by 12.6% - seems to me, the more you test, the more you find. over the same period, hospitalisations up 3.7%. 

Omnicron death - put out there with no detail, IMO purely to scare the public. No analysis of whether the death sheds any light on virulence. is it a death due to CV19 or as a result of CV19? Age, underlying health conditions? It's not as there hasn't been any deaths from Delta ...

10 omnicron patients in hospital .. out of tens of thousands of estimated cases ... again, remind me why we a panicking as if no one has been vaccinated and/or vaccines are wholly ineffective against hospitalisation and death 

I still think this is all part of Boris's plan to divert attention from his omni shambles No 10 operation 

No panic (not sure why you are) but also essential not to try and talk yourself out of things to suit your agenda. You seem to be doing all you can to play everything down and suggest it is all a storm in a teacup. Give it a few weeks and we will know whether you were right, unfortunately people who are responsible for advising and making decisions don't have your luxury of being able to wait and see.

I will set a reminder to revisit this post in three weeks.

Oh and re London - yes Covid cases rise in every London borough with 11 climbing over a third | Evening Standard

Edited by gregs24

5 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

No panic (not sure why you are) but also essential not to try and talk yourself out of things to suit your agenda. You seem to be doing all you can to play everything down and suggest it is all a storm in a teacup. Give it a few weeks and we will know whether you were right, unfortunately people who are responsible for advising and making decisions don't have your luxury of being able to wait and see.

I will set a reminder to revisit this post in three weeks.

And you of course don't have any agenda 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SFO said:

And you of course don't have any agenda 

Myself, my sister, my brother in law and a close friend spend our lives trying to keep people in the UK fit and healthy - that is my 'agenda' - what is yours ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SFO said:

I still think this is all part of Boris's plan to divert attention from his omni shambles No 10 operation 

I think that's just a naïve comment to be honest. But maybe I'm just not that cynical enough.

Let's park agenda's. Would not comment sense indicate that if we have an ongoing pandemic, with cases rising, and a virus that does what they seem to do and mutate, that we should all take reasonable steps to limit contact and therefore the chances of spreading the virus and prolonging the pandemic?

In my case, common sense tells me to get vaccinated, to sterilise my hands, and to wear a face covering whenever not "out in the open fresh air" and whenever I am within close proximity of "people" whom I don't live with (excluding the mistress of course!)

Common sense also tells me that spending upwards of 2 hours a day, travelling on public transport (trains, trams, buses etc), with strangers in very close proximity in a confined space - i.e. commuting - is also not a terribly sensible thing to do if I want to avoid catching any variant of Covid, or being an incubator for a new variety created within me!

Whilst i get that people are getting frustrated with the current "normal" etc, surely it is better to try to modify our behaviour to limit the spread (and maybe the duration of the pandemic) whilst we give our scientists enough time to either find a cure (doubtful), or better understand the virus so we can develop better vaccines?

By getting vaccinated, you are not going to eradicate the virus. Indeed, you may still catch the virus, but, from what i have read, it seams that it is better to catch it after having two immunisation vaccines and booster, than not. Simply because it vastly reduces your chances of getting the full blown virus, hospitalisation, and in some cases, death.  

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, SFO said:

Unlike @C8RKH - I have an advanced diploma in cynicism and reckon you’ve hit the nail squarely on the head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, SFO said:

10 omnicron patients in hospital .. out of tens of thousands of estimated cases ... again, remind me why we a panicking as if no one has been vaccinated and/or vaccines are wholly ineffective against hospitalisation and death 

One person has tragically died today - I notice no age demographic provided.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Common sense also tells me that spending upwards of 2 hours a day, travelling on public transport (trains, trams, buses etc), with strangers in very close proximity in a confined space - i.e. commuting - is also not a terribly sensible thing to do if I want to avoid catching any variant of Covid, or being an incubator for a new variety created within me!

See - now with my bbc reporters training - I can confidently say that using public transport kills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

38 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

One person has tragically died today - I notice no age demographic provided.

The deaths from Covid, whilst tragically high, are higher than they really are since it is deaths with rather than from.
No difference in this 1 death reported, was it with or from?

• Gold FFM
Just now, PaulCP said:

was it with or from?

Within 28 days of testing positive. This person could well have succumbed to a grand piano falling on them from a crane.

Only here once

13 minutes ago, thebartman said:

Grammar, Dear Boy !

Sorry no. I was comprehensive. Still, at least I wasn't bending over to pull my socks up! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

No difference in this 1 death reported, was it with or from?

As "BBC Barry" reported - one person has died today so far. He  ("BBC Barry") did not report when, from what,  or any other useless details. So, of the reamaining number still to pass St Peter, all those at the front on the queue have only 6 hrs and 10 minutes to fulfil any quotas. Glad to have so many people making it through another day.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Within 28 days of testing positive. This person could well have succumbed to a grand piano falling on them from a crane.

About the same chance of a piano falling from a crane and killing you as Covid killing you. So you're probably right! :)  Still, no reason not to take precautions so don't walk under any pianos hooked up to a crane!  Be safe. 

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

This person could well have succumbed to a grand piano falling on them from a crane.

Pure conjecture, M' Lud

- did you go to the same reporting school as "BBC Barry" ? - I sense the same style of prose ....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thebartman said:

Pure conjecture, M' Lud

- did you go to the same reporting school as "BBC Barry" ? - I sense the same style of prose ....

No, he went to a posh comprehensive down south were they had spotted dick and other such things.

I went to an industrial comprehensive in the North where it was bloody cold so we never even got to spot dick!

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No, he went to a posh comprehensive down south were they had spotted dick and other such things.

Sadly you’ve got me all wrong.

I’m a Gloucester boy and firmly from the Grammar schooling section I’m almost ashamed to say. 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m a Gloucester boy

and currently in Warwichshire ?

Soon be Wassailing, then? 🍎🍏🍻

Back on topic ......  

As always - it would be lovely to have facts at our disposal to properly understand what is REALLY happening with the various mutation across the golbe - not just the parochial "Little England"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Sadly you’ve got me all wrong.

I’m a Gloucester boy and firmly from the Grammar schooling section I’m almost ashamed to say. 

At least that explains why you like bending over the back of your Esprit so much!  "Grab those socks young Kearley"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

On 13/12/2021 at 18:16, thebartman said:

In the Blue corner - "BBC Barry" (comprehensive - South)

Exactly how does Worcestershire qualify as "South"? It's well north of the Thames

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.