Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 191 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I think the decision to provide the exemption was crass and untenable. Those who made me need to leave their positions.  Novak has the right not to be vaccinated, but he has to also respect the "rules" that each nation has put in place.

Looks like he is going to need some pretty strong evidence upon arrival if he isn't going to be sent back home.

There are some valid medical reasons for not being vaccinated, however his stance on vaccination and some of the comments he has made do not align with any of these reasons. If it was a simple medical exemption he could easily have made this clear to prevent confusion and upset. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Beyond nutters

I have no words.

• Haha 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/macron-declares-his-covid-strategy-is-to-piss-off-the-unvaccinated

what a fantastic example of modern elected leaders. Bring on the backlash 👍

What ever happened to "Liberté, égalité et fraternité " ? 🤫

I (may) have said this before - a benevolent dictatorship IS the way to go. 😇🤣

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Looks like he is going to need some pretty strong evidence upon arrival if he isn't going to be sent back home.

As long as he is negative what’s the issue?? You can catch it and transmit it whether you have taken big pharmas special needle or not.

Only here once

37 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

As long as he is negative what’s the issue?? You can catch it and transmit it whether you have taken big pharmas special needle or not.

Irrelevant - Australia have clear border rules (as do we), comply or go home.

'Big pharma special needle'. I assume you mean hugely successful vaccination program, and if you had the AZ vaccine supplied at cost (non profit) to the UK government.

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Big pharma special needle'. I assume you mean hugely successful vaccination program, and if you had the AZ vaccine supplied at cost (non profit) to the UK government.

“At cost” is a vague figure. They have almost stopped using AZ for the majority of jabs now in many areas. It’s best not to ask how much GP surgeries and pharmacies get paid by the nhs on this little gravy train. There’s not many people in the world whom would be convinced big pharmaceutical companies are only interested in the greater good.

Only here once

16 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

“At cost” is a vague figure. They have almost stopped using AZ for the majority of jabs now in many areas. It’s best not to ask how much GP surgeries and pharmacies get paid by the nhs on this little gravy train. There’s not many people in the world whom would be convinced big pharmaceutical companies are only interested in the greater good.

Well not so vague that published accounts didn't show it - they lost money on the COVID vaccine for quite some time

AstraZeneca's vaccine rollout nets $275m in sales - but drags on its profits | Business News | Sky News

Remember my sister is a GP - you expect her to work for nothing? Why shouldn't she be paid to work?

Is there anybody in the world that you don't hate ?

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Do you have any evidence to back that statement up?  :rofl:

Why, are you going to try to prove me wrong ?

• Like 1

I'm glad the pharmacies (& GP practices) could generate the extra few £s for each injection given. They're loosing ground to online firms who don't have the same challenges over covering long hours, physical presence in each area etc. So extra income for those location-based pharmacies (and the GP practices that did it themselves) is good else we'll loose them and try asking an online pharmacy to help when you're run out of tablets and it will be a couple of days before the GP re-issues the script.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Remember my sister is a GP - you expect her to work for nothing? Why shouldn't she be paid to work?

You've gone to the other extreme to Barry. I don 't think Barry was suggesting that GP's should not get paid. Read his post again. However, I don't think GP's can plead poverty either.

And no, I won't try to prove you wrong. But I will leave you to provide the evidence to prove your original point.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
55 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Is there anybody in the world that you don't hate ?

At what point exactly have I stated that - get a feckin grip.

Only here once

1 hour ago, gregs24 said:

Just checked, £15-30 per jab. Certainly not doing it for nothing.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

58 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

At what point exactly have I stated that - get a feckin grip.

Well you always seem to be moaning about something ....

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yup - my eldest regularly does 240 in a 4 hour shift…..

Only here once

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Well you always seem to be moaning about something ....

Hardly - questioning some of the logic touted about by politicians, media and folks on here really isn’t that. It’s not hate either. 

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Yup - my eldest regularly does 240 in a 4 hour shift…..

That's one every minute for 4 hours solid

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

10 minutes ago, pete said:

That's one every minute for 4 hours solid

Impressive

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Been deported

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

All the while we have just scrapped pre departure testing for arrivals into the uk. All secondary school kids had to have pre arrival tests before starting back at English schools. Seems they are applying more stringent controls on uk citizens than they apply to “foreigners” - how completely opposite to Oz 🤔

Only here once

19 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

All the while we have just scrapped pre departure testing for arrivals into the uk. All secondary school kids had to have pre arrival tests before starting back at English schools. Seems they are applying more stringent controls on uk citizens than they apply to “foreigners” - how completely opposite to Oz 🤔

What are you on about ? We have 100s of thousands of cases of omicron in the UK at present - what value is any testing for arrivals in the UK? It was only introduced just before Christmas for a time limited period to delay arrival of omicron cases - which it may or may not have done.  Oh and all arrivals in the UK are not 'foreigners'.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Oh and all arrivals in the UK are not 'foreigners'.

It was a direct comparison between uk policy and Oz policy - and the Novak situation - he is indeed a foreigner in terms of Australian citizenship - maybe that wasn’t clear.

• Thanks 1

Only here once

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think I read somewhere that this is an additional payment but not for extra work or time .. as the GP can simply not do his/her usual work to do the jabs 

• Like 1