Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Final editions - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

• Gold FFM
On 11/06/2021 at 23:36, John Torr said:

To anyone who has ordered a 390 sport Final Edition: I just heard back from Lotus, and apparently there are a grand total of just 15 Exige 390 Sport Final Editions being produced for the UK.  My dealer had estimated only 35, but 15 really makes these ridiculously rare :D

Welcome to TLF John. :welcome:

I apologise for not noticing sooner that you had registered. Sounds like you are looking forward to the arrival?

You should duck over to the Introductions are and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Have to say I think there will be more than 15 UK 390’s but we’ll have to wait and see. 15 to date with more on the way would be my guess. Either way won’t be a big number and you have to wonder how many 430 FEs they will do. Barely any for sure.

• 2 months later...

Howmanyleft updated to quarter 2 recently, on the last day of the the second quarter there were 10x Exige 390 and 6x 420. 

With the delay’s people are suffering since then, around 15x 390’s seems quite plausible?

(UK numbers)

Edited by 390ja
Added uk specific

On 11/02/2021 at 19:53, tactical lizard said:

I have also wondered what an Exige would look like in a skyline midnight purple but asking for that might have been pushing my luck a little too far.

On 11/02/2021 at 19:53, tactical lizard said:

You could have had it in Dodge Plum Crazy, but too late, my 420 Final Edition is the only Final Edition Exige/Elise in Plum Crazy 😉 

IMG_5356.JPG.d005bf99cfb33217ac23d6a32d6a5fed.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Standing said:

You could have had it in Dodge Plum Crazy, but too late, my 420 Final Edition is the only Final Edition Exige/Elise in Plum Crazy 😉 

IMG_5356.JPG.d005bf99cfb33217ac23d6a32d6a5fed.JPG

You know that looks awesome there, but I remembered reading that someone had viewed a plum crazy and said it was a very flat colour in the light. That is what led me to discount the plum crazy as an option.
I sort of don't want to see one in the flesh because I may end up regretting my choice of colour  😂

Be certainly worth keeping hold of yours for a while if its the only one in such a unique colour, I can't see these end of an era cars losing too much money in the long run.

30 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

No Elise FE in plum crazy?! What a shame.

Nope, no variant of Elise or Exige FE in Plum Crazy, because nobody else ordered one in that colour!  Probably says a lot for my bad taste 😁

I don't think a dealer would have put his stock order in for one in case they got caught with it, it isn't a colour everyone will like.

To be fair I don't think a lot of people even knew there were special order paint colours, it wasn't well publicised, and I only found out by accident.

4 minutes ago, tactical lizard said:

You know that looks awesome there, but I remembered reading that someone had viewed a plum crazy and said it was a very flat colour in the light. That is what led me to discount the plum crazy as an option.
I sort of don't want to see one in the flesh because I may end up regretting my choice of colour  😂

Be certainly worth keeping hold of yours for a while if its the only one in such a unique colour, I can't see these end of an era cars losing too much money in the long run.

Many pearl and metallics look flat in flat light.  My daily driver is a Mk 4 Focus ST in Orange Fury, when the sun is on it the sparkle really jumps out, in flat light it looks like a solid colour.

Lucky you aren't close, or I would drive up and down outside your house 😁

I'm not selling this, at 67 it will see me out!

I sold a Superformance GT40 to get it, it had better be good!

• Haha 1

Further on colour, I nearly bought an Exige 410 in burnt orange, but I couldn't live with having two orange cars in the garage!

Quite what Orange Fury and Plum Crazy will look like next to each other remains to be seen 😁 😁

1 hour ago, tactical lizard said:

I think you’ll maybe find that it wasn’t Plum Crazy? - there’s another Purple colour (Ultra Violet - see attached) that was used on the earlier Exige models that was a very flat looking colour. Plum Crazy is far from flat…..it’s a fantastic colour in any light,  but is outstanding in sunlight!😎

C5E10382-C281-4146-90BA-DD0BEB7F9D69.png
……& Plum Crazy as a comparison. PC is stunning on the Exige……great choice @David Standing👏🏻👏🏻😎

D0A46E44-7717-40A1-B606-2065831B5C8B.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I think you’ll maybe find that it wasn’t Plum Crazy? - there’s another Purple colour (Ultra Violet - see attached) that was used on the earlier Exige models that was a very flat looking colour. Plum Crazy is far from flat…..it’s a fantastic colour in any light,  but is outstanding in sunlight!😎

C5E10382-C281-4146-90BA-DD0BEB7F9D69.png

You have just ruined my day! 

This is indeed the colour I saw and I had no idea there was another purple. I would have probably gone for the plum crazy. Oh well, I heard the military grey is the best colour anyway so 😝

• Haha 2

Oops…..apologies!😉

But in fairness you’ve picked another great colour in Military Grey - very classy…..and the launch/brochure colour for the 410 which will be good for its future investment value!😎

901374B2-6120-4A22-AF7F-42B0ECB52F39.jpeg

2 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Saw a Facebook survey on Elise colours Plum Crazy scored very highly, in the top four. Howard’s had a 250 Cup in PC looked absolutely amazing.

This one?

D91C63BF-C9DD-45A1-8055-DC16805B6FA9.jpeg

• Like 1

I talked to my body guy and said I was looking at purple color for the Exige Cup-R. He said, "I hope it isn't Plum Crazy because it only looks good for a short period because the sun will kill it". I would strongly suggest that you get it PPF ASAP.

Later,
Eldon

I'm wondering if most of the high end cars painted in this color are garage queens. I also do not believe that this color has been around for 50 years.

What is your objection to PPF? They now have a brand that is actually self-healing. I'm a proponent of PPF after seeing how well it protects from rock chips, etc. All of my new cars get PPF. When I had my daughter's 350Z repainted, I made her leave it in the garage for 30 days while the paint cured. Then had PPF added to protect the new paint.

Later,
Eldon

14 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Oops…..apologies!😉

But in fairness you’ve picked another great colour in Military Grey - very classy…..and the launch/brochure colour for the 410 which will be good for its future investment value!😎

901374B2-6120-4A22-AF7F-42B0ECB52F39.jpeg

This was the picture that made me want millitary grey, it looks amazing. I actually viewed this very car when it was for sale at hendys down south. 

The colour gets alot of attention. You'll definitely get a lot more attention in the purple.

7 hours ago, David Standing said:

shan't be putting PPF on mine :)

I'm not totally convinced PPF is required,  having viewed several cars including a black one at 10k miles with no stone chips.

However I think it would be at least worth getting a stage 1 polish and ceramic coating. 

Mine is ceramic coated with PPF on the front and side sills. Of course I have managed to get a minor chip on the little whale tail part of the rear clam where there is no PPF 😠.

Given most of an Elise or Exige nose is below the height of most other cars bumpers they are a lot more prone to stone chips than your average SUV. I would definitely get PPF put on a FE. Really does a good job and very hard to see if applied with skill. Less convinced by ceramic coating personally.

• Like 2

My old Elise was battered in stone chips on the front. This is why I have gone full ppf on my Exige (hopefully pick it up this week)

The owners I have spoken to with ppf haven’t regretted it. Like anything though. Pay your money take your chance I suppose

10 hours ago, EldonZ said:

I'm wondering if most of the high end cars painted in this color are garage queens. I also do not believe that this color has been around for 50 years.

What is your objection to PPF? They now have a brand that is actually self-healing. I'm a proponent of PPF after seeing how well it protects from rock chips, etc. All of my new cars get PPF. When I had my daughter's 350Z repainted, I made her leave it in the garage for 30 days while the paint cured. Then had PPF added to protect the new paint.

Later,
Eldon

Eldon

Yep, Dodge introduced Plum Crazy in 1969, for the 1970 MY.

Speaking as someone that worked in body shops in an earlier life, I don't believe there is anything in Plum Crazy (it would be the pigments) that makes it any less durable or prone to fade than any other colour.

3M VentureShield is probably the best PPF around at present.

Why won't I be fitting it?

I can see it for a start, which offends my eye, but most of all because none of my daily drivers for the last 40 years have suffered from stone chips (my dailies I run on average for three years each,  and on average they don't collect more than two or three stone chips each over three years, which I just touch in), mainly I believe because I do not follow other vehicles too closely, so for me I don't see a necessity.

The Exige will be used, mine won't be a garage queen, but unlikely to be driven for more than 3-5,000 miles per year.

The sides of the Exige come with PPF fitted from the factory anyway.

The car will look better without it, and I will save a bundle of money.

I did have my last car ceramic coated, Gtechniq, and that did make a difference with beading water off, but I got that for free, and I shan't be bothering with professionally applied ceramic paint coating either.

A good resin or carnauba wax treatment at home is all it will get, all I have put on my cars for years, and they have all survived well on it.

Re curing paint, modern water based paints are fully cured even before they leave the factory :)

• Like 1

Interesting info about side PPF fitted to Exiges at factory. Didn't know about that, I must get a confirmation on that.

I will be applying PPF (front+sides) on mine as my GT86 looked like someone unloaded shotgun into front after 4 years of ownership. I also plan to drive my car ~5kkm a year.