Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is your Evora used as a daily? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is your Evora used as a daily?

Celica

On 18/03/2021 at 08:25, C8RKH said:

I do not use my 410Sport as a daily. However, after just insuring it for £300 for 10k miles a year, to include SDP, commuting and business use. I just might start!

Where the hell did you get that? Just been quoted £700 by AIB!!

On 18/03/2021 at 08:12, Celica said:

Do you use yours as a daily or do you have a work horse, a comfort mile muncher, a cheap daily or even an alternative fun but more practical car to use? 

p.s still on the looking out for a Launch Edition 😗

Absolutely not using it as a daily! Why would I want to wear my baby out like that? She's with me for the Long Haul till she's a classic and I retire! 

My Daily is a Niro PHEV (soon to be replaced by an XCeed PHEV) and even if that isn't charged (3500 miles in 6 months still half the original tank of fuel in it) I have a Citroen C3 Aircross and a 208 that sit in the drive. I collect cars that I think "I can't refuse that". Often I buy them, use them for a year then sell at a profit. Benefits of knowing the right people.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

AIB were nowhere for me, sky high. I ended up on Privilege. Kind of annoyed that I bothered ringing around just to get a best quote off go compare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Where the hell did you get that? Just been quoted £700 by AIB!!

Even when I lived on the boundary of a London borough I never paid more than £300ish on either the NA or 400 with at least 10K miles pa and business use!! 

I think one year I went to £400 to include track day cover.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I don't have any NCD as I have never owned my own car other than the Lotus (Rest are Wifes or Company).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I have been working from home for nearly 20 years, so even my daily driver Passat  isn’t actually a daily driver (it’s just clicked over 15,000 miles in three and a half years).

My GTE is purely for fine weather leisure trips. Probably 1000 miles per year on average.

My GTE has just clicked over 22k miles! 😁

• Like 1

My Evora N/A IPS is a daily and has been absolutely faultless. It's never let me down (except flat battery) is super comfortable and rides better than pretty much anything going. I'm probably one of the worst Lotus owners out there though, I love the brand (my 5th Lotus) but I haven't done any track days and manage all of about 4k miles a year or there abouts pootling around in mainly 30mph zones lol and stretching it's legs occasionally.  I love the look of the Evora and it makes me feel good. I'm probably letting it go soon, I'm faced with the dilemma of either getting into a 400 or going in the complete opposite direction and getting myself a dirt cheap runaround.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Mine was a daily for about 6 months. It was quite capable and I was happy using it as such but I started to get a bit fed up of it looking like crap as it was winter.  It got covered in mud from the country lanes I needed to drive, dropping my son at nursery was a bit of a pain, water pooling in the door scallop and door handle cutout. Also got a few comments at work, usual thing, paid to much etc etc so decided to buy a runaround. Bought a BMW 130i for daily duties which is great BTW. 

14 hours ago, ephancock77 said:

My Evora N/A IPS is a daily and has been absolutely faultless. It's never let me down (except flat battery) is super comfortable and rides better than pretty much anything going. I'm probably one of the worst Lotus owners out there though, I love the brand (my 5th Lotus) but I haven't done any track days and manage all of about 4k miles a year or there abouts pootling around in mainly 30mph zones lol and stretching it's legs occasionally.  I love the look of the Evora and it makes me feel good. I'm probably letting it go soon, I'm faced with the dilemma of either getting into a 400 or going in the complete opposite direction and getting myself a dirt cheap runaround.

Join the club, i to have sinned and not taken either of my Lotuses to a track day.  Although i did a car limits day in the elise.

I live and work in London so there is zero point in driving to work, its a strictly leisure use vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

You would have thought so wouldn't you! 

I immediately lost interest when he said Quarry was 'such a difficult corner' ...  he missed the 'idiot cones' they put out for track days 'by miles', more so in the Exige than the Evora ...  needs to get over to left much earlier and run down the kerb-line before turning.  Don't think he is consistent enough to compare cars.

When I raced there in early 70's, if not compromised by competitors, for Quarry it was to run left wheels across concrete (now painted green), then brake hard in a very short straight line with a jerk on the steering at the end to unstick the rear and aim full throttle at the powerline tower - that set up a drift that would get the apex and drift across to the outside edge, if you did it right.  If not, some grass got involved. Lap times in a 1000cc Mini were 1min 20secs (82.8mph average) but the silly chicanes weren't there.

Was great fun to do it in 2017 in my M100 Elan ...  prompted the comment from an Exige driver "never knew they were THAT quick" ..RMINI3.JPG.e33d0defc744905f3027d1a5592b946b.JPGLOTUS270517.jpg.fe845b87934388bcdcfcdf0c85470405.jpg

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think.